BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Meyerowitz Stories, Dustin Hoffman, Adam Sandler, Ben Stiller, Emma Thompson
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post 15th August 2017, 05:52 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Got quite good reviews coming out of Cannes film festival - especially Adam Sandler who was picked out as being the highlight of the film in many reviews!! I know this is only a short teaser trailer that doesn't give much away at all but it definitely has me excited. Between this and Mudbound, I do hope Netflix have at least some success at the upcoming awards season...
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 20th September 2017, 10:53 PM
Post #2
Group icon
c:
Official trailer:

The fact this is showing in select theatres in the US suggests this is getting an awards push and all of Sander, Stlller & Hoffman have had great reviews so it looks really promising. Will definitely be one to check out, especially as we can watch it from home on Netflix.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 17th October 2017, 10:38 PM
Post #3
Group icon
c:
This is out on Netflix now. Just watched it tonight!

I thought it was pretty great, we don't get to see it all that often but both Stiller & Sandler knocked it out of the park with these roles and the latter especially showed how capable he is as an actor when he's given decent material. My acting highlight was Dustin Hoffman though, a very captivating character and one of the funniest in the film too. I laughed out loud multiple times at Sandler's daughter's art films too so it delivered on both the comedy and family drama side of things. A shame this is Netflix and probably won't get any awards nominations because these performances were all rather fantastic sad.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 06:02 AM