BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Delta Goodrem - Wings of the Wild, 5th album | includes Only Human, Wings and Dear Life
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
gooddelta
post 24th June 2016, 06:41 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
Doesn't sound like a huge difference so you might be ok with the single version, the vocals sound a little different and it's clearly an entire vocal re-record and the production is a bit beefier as well.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
The Controller
post 24th June 2016, 07:59 PM
Post #42
Group icon
The Controller
User: 445
Preview of 'Feline': https://twitter.com/DeltaGoodrem/status/746275603599474688

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 25th June 2016, 08:26 AM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030
'Enough' is quite similar to 'Believe Again' withna rapper.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 25th June 2016, 04:46 PM
Post #44
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

All over this right now wub.gif

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post 26th June 2016, 07:55 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031
Enough is a nice track but the rap adds nothing to it.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 27th June 2016, 09:52 AM
Post #46
Group icon
Hello?
Does anybody know where this version of Innocent Eyes came from? It was on a noughties hits compilation I bought a few years back (this one, if any Delta collector particularly wants a copy of this mix), but I don't think I ever found an answer to the question. It has more noticeable percussion which makes it sounds slightly rockier so almost seems like a demo or alternative version but I'd never heard of it before or anywhere else and I wonder where on earth the compilation found it/who was responsible for the re-edit?

This post has been edited by gooddelta: 27th June 2016, 09:55 AM

+Quote this post
The Controller
post 30th June 2016, 01:02 PM
Post #47
Group icon
The Controller
Music video for 'Enough' was shot today:

Delta Goodrem and LA rapper were paired by music execs but have formed a special bond

DELTA Goodrem can bust serious moves in her hip hop dance classes and car karaoke along with the songs by the world’s most famous rappers.

Now she can claim a collaboration with a hugely respected MC, finally meeting face to face with Gizzle, the guest rapper on her latest single Enough.

Australia’s pop chart-topper and the edgy Los Angeles rapper and songwriter to the stars formed a fast friendship on the video shoot for Enough in Sydney’s western suburbs on Thursday.

Goodrem has long wanted to record a “moody piano track” featuring spoken word and discovered Gizzle via her music publishing team in America.

They had several conversations before agreeing to work on the track together but met in Sydney for the first time for the video shoot and their upcoming performance of the song on The Voice on Sunday.

While the Wings singer and songwriter and the rising hip hop star who has worked with Puff Daddy and Kanye West may seem unlikely pair, Goodrem said they have “similar spirits”.

“It’s funny how the universe works because this feels very meant to be, very special,” she said on the set.

“Both of us are coming from a sentimental place on this song, the lyrics mean a lot to both of us.

“She’s smart, instinctive and a great performer and this feels like a perfect fit for both of us.”

The latest single from her fifth record Wings Of The Wild, which is released on Friday, is a defiant statement from Goodrem and Gizzle to those who have doubted them.

“No matter what I do, I’m not breaking for you, tell me what do I gotta give, how do I gotta live. When it’s not enough for you,” Goodrem sings.

Goodrem said she now couldn’t imagine the song with Gizzle’s rap.

“She’s brought it to a whole other place and you can’t take your eyes off her when she performs,” she said.

“There’s a real natural connection between us and I’ve always wanted to do something like this.

“Having this incredible female rapper on the song is something out of the box but it’s my version of it.”

She hoped the song would also help establish Gizzle as a chart star in Australia but Goodrem isn’t looking to Enough to launch her career in America.

“I want to kidnap her and keep her here,” Goodrem joked.

“For this chapter, I wanted to come home and I am loving being here. Whatever is meant to be with the music will be.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertain...c4c38688f413e16

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 30th June 2016, 08:41 PM
Post #48
Group icon
Hello?
This is out there...(and I've just ordered the physical!)

It's a brilliant album, hard to say after one listen how it will stand up to the others but it's certainly far better than Delta, and probably better than Child of the Universe too, though very different to both of those. Lots of dancy piano stuff like Wings, so I'm glad that wasn't a one off. Also some world music influences on a couple of tracks. An interesting cover of The Darkness too, it works very well but at the same time sounds like a b-side to me, feels slightly odd to have a cover tacked onto the end of a Delta album.

Going to do a first impression rank, so I can compare it with future listens:

1. Feline - 9.5 (would have made a good Eurovision entry...)
2. Wings - 11
3. Dear Life - 9.5 (it does stick out in the context of the album, but I do think it's quite lovely)
4. Just Call - 9
5. In The Name Of Love - 9
6. Enough (feat. Gizzle) - 10 (this is definitely up there with her very best)
7. Heavy - 8.5
8. Only Human - 9 (Don't think ths has been re-recorded actually...not sure why I thought it had been)
9. The River - 8 (this and Encore are very Ryan Tedder...they're good, but a little dated/done to death?)
10. I’m Not Giving Up - 8.5
11. Encore - 8
12. Hold On - 8.5
13. I Believe In A Thing Called Love - 9

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 1st July 2016, 12:05 AM
Post #49
Group icon
First impressions:

08.0 Feline
11.0 Wings
09.5 Dear Life
09.0 Just Call
08.5 In the Name of Love
10.0 Enough (feat. Gizzle) (goddamn close to that 11 though)
09.0 Heavy (when it picked up part way through !!!)
07.5 Only Human
09.0 The River
08.5 I'm Not Giving Up
10.0 Encore (I see what you mean about the Ryan Tedder influence Rich, but that chorus is just undeniable to me heart.gif)
09.0 Hold On
08.0 I Believe in a Thing Called Love

I think you summed up most of my thoughts perfectly Rich! I'm really delighted that she's kept the style of Wings for a few tracks, the album as a whole feels super fresh, way more so than Child of the Universe did at the time I think, but still undeniably Delta. A great album, scores are no doubt loon-y but hey. Hard to compare to the first two really but I think generally I'd place it directly in the middle, exactly like you Rich *.*

+Quote this post
Silas
post 1st July 2016, 08:08 AM
Post #50
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
Thanks to Apple Music I'm giving it my first spin now. It's very very strong. I can't get enough of enough and I'm still playing the hell out of Wing and Dear Life. She's picked the singles very well.

I'm very happy right now.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 1st July 2016, 08:59 AM
Post #51
Group icon
Hello?
Top 20 on UK iTunes *.* Pretty certain it won't go top 75 overall but it should go top 200 I guess, which would be her best showing since 2004.

+Quote this post
The Controller
post 1st July 2016, 09:33 AM
Post #52
Group icon
The Controller
QUOTE(gooddelta @ Jul 1 2016, 09:59 AM) *
Top 20 on UK iTunes *.* Pretty certain it won't go top 75 overall but it should go top 200 I guess, which would be her best showing since 2004.

Do we know roughly how many sales that would be on iTunes?

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 1st July 2016, 09:39 AM
Post #53
Group icon
Hello?
QUOTE(The Controller @ Jul 1 2016, 10:33 AM) *
Do we know roughly how many sales that would be on iTunes?

There's no way to tell but I would guesstimate a couple of hundred in the past 10 hours, iTunes sales are pretty low all round. Still, being #12 if you take out compilations, is pretty damn impressive considering her situation, I reckon if the physical had been released in the UK she'd have been pretty much guaranteed another top 75 charting album.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 1st July 2016, 09:59 AM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
Not having a physical will most certainly cost her another top 75 chart entry which is disappointing as i would be delighted to see Delta show officially on the chart.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 1st July 2016, 01:12 PM
Post #55
Group icon
Hello?
There's a bonus track called Morse Code out there too, was sent to people who bought pre-sale concert tickets or something...it's a really nice song.

http://deltamusic.skyrock.com/3278510310-W...-Code-2016.html

Quite clever, as there is actually morse code heard in the song, sort of reminds me of Enrique's trick of using the ping pong ball sound in Do You Know (The Ping Pong Song).

This post has been edited by gooddelta: 1st July 2016, 01:12 PM

+Quote this post
Regina
post 1st July 2016, 01:15 PM
Post #56
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
Gonna need ot find an mp3 of that *.*

Losving the tribal-ness of some of the songs on the album.

This post has been edited by Regina: 1st July 2016, 01:18 PM

+Quote this post
Silas
post 1st July 2016, 01:39 PM
Post #57
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
I think Encore and The River are my faves of the non-singles so far but it's only just. This really is an excellent album

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 2nd July 2016, 03:06 PM
Post #58
Group icon
Hello?
The River has majorly hit me now and Just Call is sounding even better too, it's quite Coldplay.

Hold On was apparently scheduled to be the second single but ditched in favour of Dear Life. I do actually agree with that decision, Hold On sounds a little too similar to Wings for her to have got away with releasing it directly afterwards I think.

Also, the Delta forum...the new one at least, no idea what happened to the Delta Daily one...are debating what their least favourite song from each album is. As much as she and her albums are practically perfect, there's always one or two songs stopping each album from being completely flawless for me, and they are:

Running Away (I know a lot of people would go with In My Own Time or This Is Not Me - both of which I love - but this is the only one I skip, though it's a 7/10)

Miscommunication (this is a 4/10, really don't get it, would have replaced it with Silence Be Heard or The Riddle, both of which would have flowed better too between Almost Here and Electric Storm)

Woman (what even is this Westlife reject...? Though The Guardian and Angels In The Room aren't far behind. Poor snubbed epic Take Me Home)

I Lost All Love 4 You (looking back on Child Of The Universe, the quality does take a bit of a dive after Dancing With A Broken Heart)

I'm Not Giving Up (after a few listens of Wings of the Wild, this is the one I'm skipping most so far)

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 2nd July 2016, 03:19 PM
Post #59
Group icon
I 100% agree on Miscommunication there, the clear misstep on Mistaken Identity for me. As for Running Away, I think I prefer the live version from the Believe Again tour to the studio version, it has more oomph to it.

Innocent Eyes - In My Own Time
Mistaken Identity - Miscommunication
Delta - Possessionless (I find there to be a few missteps on this album looking back sad.gif shame because the highs are very high, ended up half great and half filler really)
Child of the Universe - I Lost All Love 4 You (although this wasn't so clear cut)
Wings of the Wild - I'm Not Giving Up (actually enjoying Only Human more in the context of the album now)

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post 2nd July 2016, 03:30 PM
Post #60
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335
Definitely agree on Running Away and Woman. As for the other albums I would say Fragile and Safe to Believe.

+Quote this post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 01:07 PM