BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Pet Sematary, Release Date: April 4th 2019
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tombo
post Feb 17 2019, 05:44 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543
This looks really chilling yet interesting. I don't normally like horror films but this seems intriguing.

I definitely want to see this one but I don't think I could watch this alone laugh.gif

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Apr 7 2019, 12:10 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
Well this was a load of old shite. Boring and uninspired, it felt like a cheap horror that goes straight to DVD. The trailer makes it look so much better than it actually is!

+Quote this post
post Apr 7 2019, 07:02 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
It was full of tropes, I liked the ending. But a lot of it felt half baked. The creepy kids with masks that make up the marketing weren’t hardly even in it?

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post Apr 8 2019, 06:32 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275
I HATED the ending!!!

I hated how they basically changed the leading character from Louis to Ellie and it didn't work at all. This was Louis' story, it was HIM that was the bad guy in the book and in Mary Lambert's movie. I don't get why ELLIE killed Rachel AND dragged her to the swamp. It was Louis' job. Awful.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Apr 16 2019, 10:37 PM
Post #5
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
I read the book this week so wanted to see the film to see how it compares - I commend them for changing some of it as I didn't see the changes coming, but it was disappointingly over-reliant on traditional horror tropes and yet still too restrained somehow. The book was scary because of how horrible and disastrous the chain of events turns out to be, I feel this one didn't quite have the same power Ellie dying instead of Gage was an unexpected choice and I commend them for that and the last scene was quite well done, although again I think the true horror of the grief was a bit brushed over and it was just an excuse because Ellie would look scarier as a zombie

Also..,those mask wearing kids were a bit pointless? laugh.gif They kinda just vanished after that one scene, I mean I guess they were spirits of other children that died as Ellie wears the mask later but it was a little unclear.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:34 PM