BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RESULTS: Panic! At The Disco - Singles rate
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 17th December 2018, 03:37 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

7th Say Amen (Saturday Night) 8.20

6th Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off 8.45

5th Don't Threaten Me With A Good TIme 9.00

There's a slight leap up to a very tight top 5 - the winner has 9.65! Say Amen was the song that really got me into Panic, with an incredible video, and started me stanning so I LOVE it naturally, the theatricality combines so well with a bit of a classic Panic sound and a slight pop sensibility. Lying takes things right back to the debut era, I've always liked it but it's taken a slight backseat now I've opened myself up to more Panic - still a banger tho. Don't Threaten Me is SUCH a bop, yaass at it making top 5. It's so infectious, that Rock Lobster sample *.*
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 29th January 2019, 10:56 AM
Post #22
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Oops soz this died I'll get it done today!! Some hype plz x

4th Nine In The Afternoon 9.35

This is perhaps a shock given that the album it's from is far from their most favoured due to its random huge shift in sound so early into their career, but this is one of the "classics" I loved before I really got into Panic this year! This is quite a happy song, about being high, in that place where you just live in the moment and don't care.

3rd High Hopes 9.50

Just missing the top 2 is the most recent smash for Panic, and most lprobably the poppiest track they've done to date. It's not in sell out territory though, it's still got that power-pop-punk kind of chorus that makes you want to sing along and jam out which was key to so many Panic classics, it's just brought into 2018 in a way only Panic could. This is my fave of theirs to date, one of the best songs of 2018 and it's easy to see why it was such a hit.

The top 2 is actually a TIE ohmy.gif Will it be the eternal emo classic I Write Sins, or the slightly surprising (to me anyway) fave The Ballad Of Mona Lisa?

+Quote this post
Riser
post 30th January 2019, 12:12 AM
Post #23
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

Yeah top 4 is defo a shock for Nine In The Afternoon, I'm not complaining though! ohmy.gif I wouldn't have predicted The Ballad Of Mona Lisa anywhere near top 2 either, nor would I have thought anything could challenge I Write Sins for the win...except High Hopes since it's so recent. So nice surprises here!

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 30th January 2019, 12:53 AM
Post #24
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

TBOML to win *.*

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 30th January 2019, 08:03 AM
Post #25
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

So here we go....

2nd The Ballad Of Mona Lisa 9.65 (two 11s, four 10s, two 9s)

Just missing out on the top by the number of 9s it got (that's the closest any rate I've done has gone ohmy.gif) is 2011's anthemic power pop lead single to Vices & Virtues! I didn't expect this to come top 5 let alone challenge I Write Sins, but here we go. It's really catchy and anthemtic so I can definitely see the love, plus I gave it a 9, I'm just surprised.

And that means the the winner is....

1st I Write Sins, Not Tragedies (two 11s, four 10s, three 9s)

Of course! The second single from A Fever You Can't Sweat Out was their breakout song, a Hot 100 top 10 that went 5x Platinum and a UK top 40 that eventually went Platinum. It's a song that soundtracks so many people's emo phase, one that endures and has a place in all our hearts to this day and it was the obvious winner really, I'm just glad it was actually a bit of a competition to make things a bit more interesting ohmy.gif

And that's it, sorry for taking so long but thanks for voting and commenting while I dragged it out kink.gif

+Quote this post
coi
post 30th January 2019, 08:19 AM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 73,240

Perfect result! Great top five and love that top two!

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 11:21 PM