BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Masquerade iii : RESULTS, page four for final scoreboard
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post 3rd May 2022, 09:05 PM
Post #101
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Pleased to have achieved a top 15 position with Kintra! I had quite a deep dive into the Aquafina back catalogue and it was the obvious stand-out as a big techno fan in general. Thanks for all the points!

Dandy's Jadakissnia choice deserved better if I say so myself sleep.gif now I know the identity behind my nation, I went back at looked in the reveal thread and saw this:

QUOTE(dandy* @ Apr 16 2022, 08:57 PM) *
The country I've got has one act that I would absolutely love to send as their latest single is amazing, however I've gone for something less obvious from their list of entries as I was flicking through other tracks by acts on their list and this one unexpectedly grabbed me.

What was the more obvious option out of interest? ohmy.gif

Congrats Cody on the victory cheer.gif I discovered 'Puppet' a couple of weeks before the contest - heard a clip in a YouTube video and thought it sounded like a potentially standout pop song, indeed it was in full. Thanks Lindsey for hosting! heart.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
WoW73
post 4th May 2022, 02:50 PM
Post #102
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 93,211

So Puppet won this? Excellent!

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 4th May 2022, 02:53 PM
Post #103
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

Are we actually going to get an official acknowledgment (by Bré) of the final positions after it was pointed out that there were some mistakes? I need closure lol. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Brer
post 22nd May 2022, 11:33 PM
Post #104
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

^ I will trust you got it right, I only add up the main contests x

Completing my set of belated comments on contests that I missed the live results of (sorry!), midtable is an alright result here, was always going to be a bit of a niche pick but I picked up the 18 from Kath herself so that's a moral victory for my song choice skills! (Even if it was a song Kath had already heard x). I did decide to, as in the first Masquerade (although not the second one oops), go out of my way to pick an artist who DNQed the first time and hadn't been otherwise recycled and Anetha was an easy choice for that given 'Free Britney' was a big fave for me in the first place. Thanks to Roba for the other 18 + Jade and RFC for a couple more medal positions and Dandy*, Wardy, Ansel, Leww, Chez, Rollo, Cody, Meekul, Frank and Whoddy for the rest of my points! Iconic 13 point swap with Jadakissnia after both of us going techno bloc *.* a great entry choice there which I liked even more than Kintra's original entry. (Funnily enough I finished 1-3 places behind Jade in all three of the contests that I have commented on tonight thinking.gif)

Congrats to Cody on the win, Faouzia another addition to the list of artists who've won 2 different contests in the BJSC forum then - another pretty obvious winner but it's a decent song so not too mad about it. The rest of that top 4 is excellent though, albeit with 2 more songs that I knew already (the SCALPING song was new to me though and is my 2nd favourite song that I have heard from them only behind their original BJSC entry - I've been enjoying a few of their other more recent releases as well - so a great choice there from Leww!) Quite a few more of my votes landing in the top 15 as well hooray, Mareux deserved way better though, I really adore their sound and definitely need to check out more from them if their original entry + this spinoff one are anything to go by. And also what on Earth happened with Helene/Sindre, that was one I knew already so I was maybe a little biased to it but it's such a standout, no way in hell it should be 2nd from last! (That's another parallel with the other contest I've belatedly commented on today with Iz's Club Bizarre song likewise being shafted despite being one of my faves, oops). Shame to see BYRTA so low too.

It was pretty obvious straight away that Meekul was the one who got me because who else would have sent The Retrobot kink.gif it was iconic to finally hear their other song though and goals at it picking up an 18, I am outraged at it coming dead last xx

Thanks Lindsey for the hosting jump.gif x Will be heading to Sovarasma for Pride III for our next spinoff it seems!

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 12:08 PM