BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> -
6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> DT32 Rates The UK Debuts
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
DalekTurret32
post Apr 11 2020, 11:10 PM
Post #101
Group icon
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
User: 21,666
09/04/2020

#99. PARTYNEXTDOOR - Trauma
#12. PARTYNEXTDOOR and Rihanna - Believe It
Kicking us off this week are two new songs from PARTYNEXTDOOR’s new album PARTYMOBILE.
Trauma has some nice tropical production from BURNS, who you may know for his 2010’s dance hit Lies (particularly the Otto Knows remix). In this song, PND is lamenting over the loss of his significant other, but the tone of the instrumental can indicate that there is hope out there for him.
In Believe Me, he asks questions relating to a relationship, mainly involving honesty and whether it should properly start or not. We don’t get much of Rihanna, but she provides a good vocal contribution.

#88. HOSH & 1979 feat. Jalja - Midnight (The Hanging Tree)
I remember seeing every Hunger Games movie in the cinemas around the time each of them came out (not on the premiere date though). In retrospect, I don’t like the film franchise as much as Harry Potter or Star Wars, but I still like it for its apocalyptic world-building and how corruption can tear apart a society.
I remember first hearing The Hanging Tree when I saw Mockingjay Part 1 in an Odeon theatre back in November 2014. Looking back at it now, I like it more than I did back then. The song itself is quite dark and poetic. The gradual build-up of textures is excellent as we slowly transition from Jennifer Lawrence’s vocals to an ensemble of vocals, and after that, we hear the choral voices and strings take over.
This dance version switches the orchestral arrangements for a more moody CamelPhat style instrumental, which sounds really good. It was weird to hear ‘willow tree’ instead of ‘hanging tree’. Maybe the willow tree fits the dark vibe better, I don’t know?

#84. Jack Harlow - WHAT'S POPPIN'
That rinky-dink piano loop is irresistibly catchy and Harlow brings a lot of charisma to the table.

#81. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Wildflower
5 Seconds Of Summer opt for an explosive 80s new wave style and it sounds amazing. I also like the bridge with the backing vocals harmonizing on ‘wildflower’.

#54. NAV feat. Gunna and Travis Scott - Turks
Not a fan of any of the verses, except for Travis Scott’s (his verse was okay).

#48. Kygo feat. Zara Larsson and Tyga - Like It Is
The verses are okay and Tyga manages to stay on topic and give a sense of perspective, though his vocals don’t really fit with Kygo’s production. The drop in the chorus reminds me of Higher Love quite a bit.

#47. Skepta, Chip, Young Adz feat. Dirtbike LB - Demons
#32. Skepta, Chip, Young Adz - Mains
#18. Skepta, Chip, Young Adz - WAZE
We’ve got a set of three tracks from Insomnia, the new collaborative project from Skepta, Chip and Young Adz. I thought it was a pretty solid project, though none of the three tracks that have charted are my faves from that album.
Album opener Mains has a nice uplifting beat and there are some fun verses to go with it, especially when Skepta comes through with the line “Ex man talk about beef, man catch him eating chicken and fries” (HA!). Not every line works though, as we have that lava lamp line from Young Adz and Chip only intending to cheat if there’s two women. I quite like the beat to Waze, though not as much as that of Mains, but the Lyrics-esque shouting SFX near the end was a distraction. Demons is held back by some autotuned vocal inflections, but the whistling sounds elevate the song a fair bit.

#43. KSi feat. Lil Pump and Smokepurpp - Poppin'
The 808 cowbells make for an earworm of a beat. The pre-chorus from KSi and the chorus from Smokepurpp blend well with the minimalistic beat, the former of whom delivers my favourite verse in the song. Lil Pump’s verse is my default least fave of the three, as it has some distracting ad-libs and him bragging about his neck having Ebola.

#9. Little Mix - Break Up Song
Little Mix try out a new wave style as they sing about moving on from a breakup. It sounds pretty excellent! ‘Did you think you were the only one who could save me?’ is a really good line as it is a possible jab at those potential lovers who see themselves as the knight in shining armour. Might probably be one of my faves from the group along with Move.

#6. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart
Is 2020 going to be the year where musical acts go full 1980's?
Anyway, this reminds me of Charlie Puth’s Voicenotes era and carries the same funky charm as that era did, along with an interpolation of INXS’ 1987 song Need You Tonight. Dua sings about finding a lover but also worries about potential heartbreak. It’s a great song, and some of the vocal harmonies in later choruses remind me of Pharrell quite a bit (particularly his production on Usher’s She Came To Give It To You from 2014, which might be one of my favourite songs from the R&B singer)

And this song ends up being my favourite of the week, with Break Up Song by Little Mix clenching the spot for honorable mention. Least fave of the week is Turks by NAV, Gunna and Travis Scott.

#99. PARTYNEXTDOOR - Trauma [8/10]
#88. HOSH & 1979 feat. Jalja - Midnight (The Hanging Tree) [8/10]
#84. Jack Harlow - WHAT'S POPPIN' [8/10]
#81. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Wildflower [9/10]
#54. NAV feat. Gunna and Travis Scott - Turks [5/10] (Least Fave Of The Week)
#48. Kygo feat. Zara Larsson and Tyga - Like It Is [7/10]
#47. Skepta, Chip, Young Adz feat. Dirtbike LB - Demons [6/10]
#43. KSi feat. Lil Pump and Smokepurpp - Poppin' [9/10]
#32. Skepta, Chip, Young Adz - Mains [7/10]
#18. Skepta, Chip, Young Adz - WAZE [7/10]
#12. PARTYNEXTDOOR and Rihanna - Believe It [7/10]
#9. Little Mix - Break Up Song [9/10] (FOTW HM)
#6. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart [9/10] (Fave Of The Week)

This post has been edited by DalekTurret32: Apr 19 2020, 06:48 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post Apr 19 2020, 06:47 PM
Post #102
Group icon
16/04/2020

#95. Tory Lanez - Who Needs Love
Tory sounds quite joyful over this uplifting guitar, though the braggadocious tone can get a bit too much.

#88. The 1975 - Jesus Christ 2005 God Bless America
An emotional acoustic song in which Matt Healy and Phoebe Bridgers express feelings for respective people the same gender as them. The song is very touching with a piano thrown in to elevate the texture beyond a simple acoustic guitar line.

#77. Madison Beer - Selfish
A song focusing on a wasted relationship. The guitars set up the tone decently, though not as good as the guitar sounds on Dear Society. The lyrics aren’t too good, but I like the vocal harmonization.

#62. Hardy Caprio and SL - XYZ
Don’t know what to think of the Minnie Riperton sample, but I quite like that addition of the piano in the chorus.

#51. Headie One, Fred again. - Gang
This sounds different from Headie’s usual material. Instead, we have an 80s Moog synth with a clapping backbeat produced by Fred again along with a really good flow from Headie One. He also goes for a melodic style on the chorus which surprisingly works for me considering that I wasn’t fond of the melodic style he did on Charades. The last verse ends abruptly after two lines, but the outro comes with some great harmonic vocal inflections.

#48. S1MBA feat. DTG - Rover
Even though there’s some lines in which the two artists reject girls because they love the money, the track also carries some pleasing Afrobeat textures to it.

#46. DaBaby - Find My Way
Not too fond of the guitar loop sample from Marshmello’s Friends and that occasional bass boost can get distracting, but some of DaBaby’s lyrics are pretty reflective and he switches up his style a bit.

#34. Matt Lucas - Thank You Baked Potato
Matt Lucas is best known for his work on the British sitcom Little Britain. I’ve seen a couple of episodes a few years ago and it gave me a good amount of laughs. I also liked his role as Nardole in the Moffatt era of Doctor Who, as well as his voice acting contributions for Gnomeo & Juliet and the 2009 Imagi Studios film adaptation of Astro Boy. He has recently done a short song encouraging people on how to reduce the spread of you know what, as well as an animated video to go with it. It is also his first time on the UK Top 40 since 2007 with the Little Britain cover of “I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)” by The Proclaimersfor Comic Relief.
The song has these staccato piano chords that remind me of Madness’ cover of It Must Be Love by Labi Siffre. While the concept of a baked potato saving your life is pretty ridiculous, the execution is solid enough and the safety instructions are told through some pretty good rhymes. I think the song works better with the animated video though, but other than that, hope that it makes a good contribution to reducing the spread.

#2. Drake - Toosie Slide
I already gave my thoughts on this one in a recent UK Top 20 Ranking. So if you want to check it out, here is the link

No songs below the 6.5/10 region, but no songs that went above the 8/10 region either, so it was a pretty static, albeit decent, week with my fave of the new entries being Gang by Headie One and Fred Again, and the honourable mention going to Jesus Christ 2005 God Bless America by The 1975. If I had to choose a least fave, it would probably be Find My Way by DaBaby.

#95. Tory Lanez - Who Needs Love [6.5/10]
#88. The 1975 - Jesus Christ 2005 God Bless America [8/10] (FOTW HM)
#77. Madison Beer - Selfish [6.5/10]
#62. Hardy Caprio and SL - XYZ [7/10]
#51. Headie One, Fred again. - Gang [8/10] (Fave Of The Week)
#48. S1MBA feat. DTG - Rover [6.5/10]
#46. DaBaby - Find My Way [6.5/10] (Least Fave[?] Of The Week)
#34. Matt Lucas - Thank You Baked Potato [7/10]
#2. Drake - Toosie Slide [7/10]

This post has been edited by DalekTurret32: Apr 19 2020, 06:47 PM

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post Apr 25 2020, 07:11 PM
Post #103
Group icon

23/04/2020

#98. Topic feat. A7S - Breaking Me
An EDM song that deals with a breakup. The “la-la-la” parts aren’t too bad and the production’s decent. The vocal melody in the chorus reminds me of Ocean Drive by Duke Dumont in some places.

#72. Katherine Jenkins and Vera Lynn - We'll Meet Again (NHS Charity Single)
Vera Lynn is one of the oldest musicians currently living (at the age of 103). In 1939, she recorded a song called We’ll Meet Again, which according to Steve Waters’ book “The British Hit Singles Jan 1940 - Oct 1952: The Missing Charts” was the first number one single in the collection of weekly Top 30 best selling 78s in January 1940. My first exposure to the song was through the Gravity Falls finale in the scene where Bill Cipher (one of my favourite villains in media) is singing the chorus of the song while playing it on the piano.
The original is a really good song. It is about two people who are separated due to troubled times. One of them hopes to meet again once the unfortunate events are over.
Mezzo soprano Katherine Jenkins previously sang this alongside Lynn’s original recording on the 70th Anniversary of VE Day in 2005 (and there was a studio recording of that on her 2016 album Celebration), and now a recording of this is being released as a charity single following Queen Elizabeth II’s motivational message regarding the recent virus.
I don’t like it as much as the original, but Katherine Jenkins has a good voice and the new string arrangements mix well with Vera Lynn’s original recording. Don’t know what to think of the guitar touches though.

#66. Tory Lanez - Stupid Again
The strings in this remind me of the ones used in the beginning of The Box by Roddy Ricch. I quite like them! Unfortunately, we get some weak lines such as “better hit me with deep throat and I ain’t talkin bout Michigan” and one in which this girl plays Lanez’ flute ‘like a d**k’ (it did make more sense than the cello euphemism in Peek A Boo, so I’ll give it that).

#55. Selena Gomez - Boyfriend
The minimalist synths remind me of the ones in Kanye West’s Fade a fair bit, and they are quite immersing. The song focuses on Selena searching for an ideal boyfriend, which is an okay concept on paper depending on the execution. The result turned out to be a song I quite like.

#42. Twenty One Pilots - Level Of Concern
Twenty One Pilots have put out a song with a more pop touch than the material from their previous era. Not my favourite from them, but it’s solid enough.

#98. Topic feat. A7S - Breaking Me [7/10]
#72. Katherine Jenkins and Vera Lynn - We'll Meet Again (NHS Charity Single) [8/10] (Fave Of The Week)
#66. Tory Lanez - Stupid Again [6/10] (Least Fave Of The Week)
#55. Selena Gomez - Boyfriend [7/10]
#42. Twenty One Pilots - Level Of Concern [7/10]

+Quote this post
Brer
post Apr 25 2020, 08:12 PM
Post #104
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
16 Apr:
8 Toosie Slide [Best of the Week]
7? Thank You Baked Potato
6.5 FIND MY WAY
6 Rover
6.5 GANG
7.5 XYZ [Honourable Mention]
4 Selfish [Dishonourable Mention]
1 Jesus Christ 2005 God Bless America [Worst of the Week]
7 Who Needs Love

'Toosie Slide' is pretty much Drake on autopilot but it still takes best of the week as the only song here I've charted, it does what it's trying to do effectively enough. Really like the garage-y production on 'XYZ', if it had a slightly better hook it could have been the best here pretty easily. Aside from that just a bunch of decent to quite good rap songs that I wouldn't turn off but also woudn't really care to seek out, plus the baked potato thing which is... a little hard to rate laugh.gif but it's cute and catchy enough xx and a pretty clear cut bottom 2 of the week, 'Selfish' is rather bland and forgettable, The 1975's thing is possibly one of the most tedious songs I've ever listened to (not outright unlistenable so I won't give it a 0 but it's pretty much entirely devoid of any enjoyable quality).

23 Apr:
8.5 Level Of Concern [Best of the Week]
7 Boyfriend
5 Stupid Again [Worst of the Week]
8? We'll Meet Again [Honourable Mention I guess]
6 Breaking Me [Dishonourable Mention]

What a dead week laugh.gif a great comeback tune from twenty one pilots though and 'We'll Meet Again' is ofc a classic song and this Katherine Jenkins duet version doesn't ruin it or anything, another one that's a little difficult to rate as it's hard to compare these charity oddities to just normal new songs but in the absence of any other songs I really like this week it can get my honourable mention. It's kind of cool to see 'Breaking Me' becoming a hit after being in BJSC earlier in the year but it wasn't exactly a favourite of mine in the contest, it's decent enough though ~

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post Apr 29 2020, 02:08 PM
Post #105
Group icon
30/04/2020

#100. Surf Mesa feat. Emilee - ily (i love you baby)
Kicking the week off is a dance remix of a 1967 Frankie Valli song Can’t Take My Eyes Off You. It’s a pretty good song about being lovestruck with some nice soul instrumentation.
The remix by Surf Mesa has a more tropical style to it. I quite like it, but I do feel that there are some points where the instrumentation overpowers the vocals.

#98. Don Toliver - After Party
Just a fun short song about pulling up at an after party. Those chiming noises sound pretty Mo Bamba like and the video game synth outro was a good addition.

#86. Joji - Gimme Love
The song starts off with some incredibly industrial drums with a pulse that remind me of Aphex Twin’s Collapse EP a fair bit. It then switches to a slower, more transcendent outro with a piano and a harp thrown in, as well as a switch-up of time signature from 4/4 to 3/4. The instrumentation conveys the mood brilliantly in both parts of the song.
The lyrics focus on Joji wanting love from his significant other as he is leaving to go far away. Really good song, though I would have loved for the first part with the fast drums to have lasted longer before jumping to the slow outro.

#76. Tiesto and Becky Hill - Nothing Really Matters
About two decades and Tiesto is still putting out quality electronic music. His chilled synth production is a good fit for Becky Hill as she sings about spending the remaining time she has left with her lover. The ‘na-na-na’ parts weigh this down a bit, but other than that, pretty swell stuff.

#65. Gerry Cinnamon - Head In The Clouds
The texture this song carries is quite thin, with just an acoustic guitar and vocalist. But that doesn’t stop it from being good, as the lyrics take an interesting cynical point-of-view of a daily routine.

#51. Playboi Carti - @ Meh
Can’t believe it’s just now that Carti is getting his first charting single as a lead artist (with his only other appearance being his uncredited feature on Tyler The Creator’s EARFQUAKE).
The blocky video game like xylophones, along with the occasional synth lines that remind me of the synths that popped up on Freddie Gibbs and Madlib’s Pinata era, generate an upbeat, mindless feel that make most of Carti’s material shine.

#38. Nafe Smallz feat. M Huncho - Part Of The Plan
I like the spacey Astroworld style beat of this song and our two artists fit well into it. I also like how M Huncho’s verse shows his daily routine and how he pushes forward despite the obstacles surrounding him, though it ends with a line in which he ‘digs [the] p***y like there’s gold in it’. Smallz’ verses are fine, though the sexually explicit lines aren’t very good and the 1st verse overuses the term ‘lit’. Of the four Smallz + Huncho collabs I’ve heard, this might be my favourite of them.

#29. DaBaby feat. Roddy Ricch - Rockstar
The guitar beat sounds pleasant. The way DaBaby switches up his flows in the 1st verse is interesting and he manages to bring some of that charisma he had in his 2019 material. I don’t like Roddy’s verse as much, but his is pretty decent.
Also, I’ve just noticed that the chord progression is similar to that of the chorus of Wynter Gordon’s 2010 song Dirty Talk, except with a slower harmonic rhythm.

#25. Beth Porch - You Taught Me What Love Is (Britain's Got Talent 2020)
The first entry from a Britain’s Got Talent contestant since Flakefleet Primary School’s Light Up in 2018 and the first to reach the Top 40 since The Neales’ I’ll Be There in 2016. This is a mainly acoustic song in which Beth Porch is building character from a past relationship. The concept is interesting, but the lines in which she confesses her love can feel generic and the powerful belting near the end doesn’t really work with just the strums of the acoustic guitar.

#20. Sam Smith and Demi Lovato - I'm Ready
I really like the production on the verses, but the instrumentation switchup in the chorus feels quite abrupt and I felt there could have been a post-chorus to elevate this.

#5. Live Lounge Allstars - Times Like These (BBC Radio 1 Stay Home Live Lounge)
#1. Michael Ball, Captain Tom Moore and The Voices Of Care Choir - You'll Never Walk Alone

We end off the week with two charity covers recorded in order to support those affected by the current pandemic.
The first one is a Radio 1 Live Lounge ensemble of Foo Fighters’ 2002 song Times Like These. Listening to the original, I notice some interesting time signatures; 7/4 in the verses and guitar solos, and 11/4 in the chorus. The instrumental parts are excellent and there’s some great lyrical themes focusing on a start to a new life and moving on from a rough past. It has this relieving feel to it, both in the instrumentation and the lyrics.
The Live Lounge version is set at a slower tempo and has a more acoustic sound to it. The lyrics of the song are a great fit for this charity cover as they encourage the listener to carry on and move forward despite dark times. AJ Tracey’s verse reminds me of when Dizzee Rascal added a short rap verse to the Band Aid 20 version of Do They Know It’s Christmas, though his FaceTime mention felt out of place in a cover of a song from about 18 years ago. We also have Dave Grohl himself join in on the vocal harmonies during the 2nd chorus, which was nice to hear.

The other cover is one that has reached the top spot this week and has made Captain Tom Moore the oldest artist to have reached number one (and just before his 100th birthday). The cover is of You’ll Never Walk Alone, a song from the 1945 Rodgers And Hammerstein musical Carousel with the most well-known cover being that of the Gerry And The Pacemakers from 1963.
The version from the 1956 Henry King movie adaptation of the musical puts more emphasis on the vocals than the other instruments in the song. This might be done so to show the importance of the lyrics, which encourage the character and/or listener to carry on achieving his/her ambitions, even if there are obstacles to pull him/her down. The Gerry cover has a thicker texture to it, with the piano and drum kit, as well as the addition of strings in the chorus. The time signature is also different, with a slow Unchained Melody esque 12/8 rhythm. I prefer this version over the film version as it feels more like a full song.
The NHS charity cover has a string ensemble feeling quite grand and triumphant. Like with Times Like These, the lyrical content of the song is a really good choice for a charity cover of this vein. Michael Ball delivers a solid vocal performance to fit with the timbres of the instrumentation and although I wasn’t too big on his vocals, the contributions Tom Moore has made to our society were much needed during these times.

#100. Surf Mesa feat. Emilee - ily (i love you baby) [7/10]
#98. Don Toliver - After Party [8/10] (FOTW HM)
#86. Joji - Gimme Love [9/10] (Fave Of The Week)
#76. Tiesto and Becky Hill - Nothing Really Matters [8/10]
#65. Gerry Cinnamon - Head In The Clouds [8/10]
#51. Playboi Carti - @ Meh [8/10]
#38. Nafe Smallz feat. M Huncho - Part Of The Plan [7/10]
#29. DaBaby feat. Roddy Ricch - Rockstar [7/10]
#25. Beth Porch - You Taught Me What Love Is (Britain's Got Talent 2020) [6/10] (Least Fave Of The Week)
#20. Sam Smith and Demi Lovato - I'm Ready [7/10]
#5. Live Lounge Allstars - Times Like These (BBC Radio 1 Stay Home Live Lounge) [8/10]
#1. Michael Ball, Captain Tom Moore and The Voices Of Care Choir - You'll Never Walk Alone [8/10]

Pretty big week with a lot of really good songs.

This post has been edited by DalekTurret32: May 4 2020, 01:42 PM

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post May 4 2020, 01:45 PM
Post #106
Group icon

07/05/2020

#84. Frosty, OFB, Bandokay, Double LZ - Hate On Us
There’s a few ‘stealing your girl’ lines, but the dark sounding synths sound pretty good and our artists deliver some solid flows.

#63. The Rolling Stones - Living In A Ghost Town
The Stones are back with their first new material in 4 years (and their charting entry in 8 years).
Their new song focuses on a ghost exploring a city that has been deserted. The lyrics by Keith Richards and Mick Jagger also give great details on what the city was like in the past, but doesn’t make the past look positive as it also points out belongings getting stolen and homeless people sleeping on the streets. The music sounds slow and downbeat to fit the tone of the song really well.

#61. Regard and RAYE - Secrets
Regard comes through with an original follow-up to his remix of Ride It. He offered some chilled production for the song, which RAYE’s vocals blend well into. The synth breakdown is similar to Ride It, but I quite like it.

#26. Juice WRLD - Righteous
The first posthumous lead single from Juice WRLD revolves around solid look through drug abuse. The guitars provide a melancholy mood for the song, though they sound a bit quiet.

#14. The 1975 - If You're Too Shy (Let Me Know)
Matt Healy sings about awkwardness and anxiety related to his encounter with a girl on social media. The electric guitars provide a nice dreamy atmosphere for the song and the saxophone solo in the bridge was also pretty good. A fun fact about this song is that the background vocals were provided by FKA twigs. Looks like f*** Sleep with A$AP Rocky isn’t her only appearance in the UK Singles Chart.

#11. Travis Scott and Kid Cudi present THE SCOTTS - THE SCOTTS
I don’t have a lot to say about this. Both Scott and Cudi deliver some decent verses, with the former blending well into the beat. We also get a cool synth breakdown in the end like in HIGHEST IN THE ROOM. It does feel like more of a short album opener than a stand-alone single.

#6. KSi feat. Swarmz and Tion Wayne - Houdini
This song is becoming a grower for me. The beat on this reminds me of what DaBeatfreakz would produce. It feels upbeat, as does Swarmz’ chorus, which sticks into your head after a few listens. Tion Wayne provides a pretty fun verse to as he raps about not trusting people like the weather (which was pretty amusing). KSi’s verse was probably my least fave of the three, but I did quite like it, even though it had that line about his ‘fourth letter’ getting bigger.

Not a lot of brilliance this week, but no songs below good either.

#84. Frosty, OFB, Bandokay, Double LZ - Hate On Us [7/10]
#63. The Rolling Stones - Living In A Ghost Town [8/10] (FOTW HM)
#61. Regard and RAYE - Secrets [9/10] (Fave Of The Week)
#26. Juice WRLD - Righteous [7/10] (Least Fave Of The Week [by default])
#14. The 1975 - If You're Too Shy (Let Me Know) [8/10]
#11. Travis Scott and Kid Cudi present THE SCOTTS - THE SCOTTS [7/10]
#6. KSi feat. Swarmz and Tion Wayne - Houdini [8/10]

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post May 15 2020, 05:22 PM
Post #107
Group icon

14/05/2020

#100. Yxng Bane - Table For Two
#66. Yxng Bane feat. K-Trap - Are You Mad
Kicking us off this week are two songs from Yxng Bane’s latest mixtape Quarantime: The Lost Files.
The mellow synths in Table For Two provide a sensual vibe for the song and there’s a good drill beat on Are You Mad, but Bane’s autotune is a bit off-putting on both of these songs (though for the latter song, it only pops up in the chorus).

#95. Queen and Adam Lambert - You Are The Champions (In Support Of The Covid-19 Solidarity Response Fund)
Queen have recently re-recorded their 1977 classic We Are The Champions but with American Idol contestant Adam Lambert as the lead vocalist.
The original was a power anthem set in 12/8 that was filled with energy, as well as Freddie Mercury’s fantastic vocals to back it up. Lambert’s a fine enough vocalist but he doesn’t quite match the power that Mercury generated in the original.
The lyrics are just the 1st verse and chorus of the original, but there’s also an extra verse that encourages the listener to carry on fighting during dark times.

#93. Machine Gun Kelly - Bloody Valentine
MGK moves away from his hip hop sound to more of a pop punk style as he's now working with Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker, and I quite like it.

#85. StaySolidRocky - Party Girl
Not fond of this one. The downbeat piano driven beat doesn’t really fit well with the lyrics that are trying to convey a party vibe.

#80. Oasis - Don't Stop… (Demo)
The first charting entry from Oasis in 11 years, and it’s with a demo of an unreleased song that was played live by the band in what I think is 2005 (Noel Gallagher said that he performed it during a soundcheck while on tour in Hong Kong fifteen years ago).
The guitars sound great and present a serious, but uplifting tone for the song. Same thing can be said for the lyrics as it focuses on two friends having to leave each other, but one of them tells the other to keep on staying true to himself while he’s gone. It’s quite a heartwarming song overall.

#53. Amanda Holden - Over The Rainbow (Single In Aid Of NHS Charities Together)
The other charity cover this week is of Over The Rainbow from Wizard Of Oz, the 1939 Victor Fleming and King Vidor film that was produced by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. In the collection of missing charts that I referred to a few weeks ago, the original Over The Rainbow song dethroned Vera Lynn’s We’ll Meet Again on the week ending in January 29th 1940.
The original carries the usual orchestral arrangements you’d expect from a film in the musical lane. Judy Garland gives off a good vocal performance as she sings about wishing for a more joyful place than the one she’s in.
The cover by Britain’s Got Talent judge Amanda Holden adds an extra verse at the start of the song that sets up the place that’s over the rainbow quite well. While I don’t like Holden’s vocals as much as those of Garland’s in the original, she gives a decent enough performance in this version.

#45. Marshmello and Halsey - Be Kind
In this song, Halsey is having a conversation with a lover who has taken her for granted. She sees that deep inside, the lover cares for her, thus encouraging him to acknowledge her and treat her with kindness. Really good song, though it could have used an instrumental outro to elevate this a little further.

#42. MIST feat. Fredo - House Party
The last time MIST and Fredo collaborated was last year with the Top 10 smash So High, which was a solid tune. Now, they’ve got a brand new song that samples MK’s 1994 Dub Of Doom remix of The Nightcrawlers’ 1992 club classic Push The Feeling On. The production does fit the party vibe of the lyrics quite well, but there are points in which our two artists slip off-beat in their respective verses.

#17. Drake feat. Playboi Carti - Pain 1993
#10. Drake feat. GiveOn - Chicago Freestyle
Another set of two album tracks and it’s from Drake’s new mixtape Dark Lane Demo Tapes. The highlights from the mixtape aren’t as good as the ones from More Life, but it’s a pretty solid mixtape overall.
Pain 1993 has a mellow beat that sounds like what you’d expect from a Die Lit cut. The song itself is pretty fun to vibe to, though Carti sounds weirdly higher pitched than usual.
Don’t have a lot to say about Chicago Freestyle though. It has a nice sounding lo-fi style chorus from Giveon and Drake’s verse is lyrically driven, but it’s not as good as some of the other lyrically driven Drake songs I’ve heard (e.g. Lord Knows, March 14, Omerta).

#8. AJ Tracey feat. Mo'Stack - Dinner Guest
Look! Another single this week that samples Push The Feeling On! And the way it sounds with the percussion reminds me of Tyga’s 2018 material a fair bit, like with Floss from last year.
AJ Tracey delivers a good amount of charisma on the track. MoStack’s verses aren’t as good, but it was quite amusing to hear him and AJ mention Jorja Smith considering that one of her songs was sampled on Ladbroke Grove.

#100. Yxng Bane - Table For Two [6/10]
#95. Queen and Adam Lambert - You Are The Champions (In Support Of The Covid-19 Solidarity Response Fund) [7/10]
#93. Machine Gun Kelly - Bloody Valentine [7/10]
#85. StaySolidRocky - Party Girl [5/10] (Least Fave Of The Week)
#80. Oasis - Don't Stop… (Demo) [8/10] (Fave Of The Week)
#66. Yxng Bane feat. K-Trap - Are You Mad [6/10]
#53. Amanda Holden - Over The Rainbow (Single In Aid Of NHS Charities Together) [8/10]
#45. Marshmello and Halsey - Be Kind [8/10] (FOTW HM)
#42. MIST feat. Fredo - House Party [6.5/10]
#17. Drake feat. Playboi Carti - Pain 1993 [7/10]
#10. Drake feat. GiveOn - Chicago Freestyle [7/10]
#8. AJ Tracey feat. Mo'Stack - Dinner Guest [8/10]

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post May 26 2020, 11:59 PM
Post #108
Group icon

21/05/2020

#92. Bandokay - Patient
I quite like the drill beat with these vocal chants in the mix, but we get lines like “Come like my b***h when she gettin’ d**k” and the ‘baecation pun’.

#85. Kehlani feat. Tory Lanez - Can I
Kehlani shows off a sultry performance in this sex jam, with Tory Lanez providing a good perspective from the lover. In the chorus, she interpolates a posthumous Aaliyah recording from 2002 called Come Over and it fits well with the tone of the song.

#72. Chris Brown and Young Thug - Go Crazy
From one sex song to another. The instrumentation sounds quite bright for this kind of song.
We get some weird lines that weigh down this song such as Chris Brown singing about ‘donuts on a d**k’ and Young Thug planning on doing ‘bum-bum’ with his girl till she’s tired.

#65. Lil Tjay feat. Fivio Foreign and Pop Smoke - Zoo York
It’s not everyday you hear a melodic verse in a drill track, but Lil Tjay has done it on this one. The moody synths present a dark tone for this track, with the lines about feeling threatening fitting this atmosphere, while the lines about ‘stealing your girl’ and bragging about girls, on the other hand, don’t. Also, the chorus is a bit repetitive

#55. Vera Lynn - We'll Meet Again
I already talked about this song in the 23/04/2020 episode of DT32RTUKD. Unless you count the missing charts of 1940 to 1952 from Steve Waters’ book as ‘official charts’ (since this appeared in that book), then this could be considered a new entry.
As for the song, the instrumentation sounds quite beautiful and I especially liked the organ solo near the end.

#49. Headie One - Rose Gold
A song about Headie One bragging about getting lots of ‘rose gold’. Some of the brags are just weird like when Headie is surprised that his gold didn’t give him a tumour (What the?), The line in which Headie tries to get coke from a vending machine was pretty amusing.

#6. 6ix9ine - GOOBA
Some decent flows, but the shouting gets a bit obnoxious (especially in the last verse). There’s also that line about ‘getting down and gobbling it up’ in the chorus, which is not a good one.

#4. Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber - Stuck With U
The instrumentation is a bit like Ed Sheeran’s Perfect with a more reggae influence to it. Don’t have anything else to say, but the song doesn’t really click with me.

#92. Bandokay - Patient [6/10] (Least Fave Of The Week [tie])
#85. Kehlani feat. Tory Lanez - Can I [7/10] (FOTW HM) {may give this the FOTW if the Vera Lynn song doesn't count as a new entry}
#72. Chris Brown and Young Thug - Go Crazy [7/10]
#65. Lil Tjay feat. Fivio Foreign and Pop Smoke - Zoo York [6.5/10]
#55. Vera Lynn - We'll Meet Again [9/10] (Fave Of The Week) {don't know if this counts as a new entry because The Missing Charts book may prove otherwise}
#49. Headie One - Rose Gold [6.5/10]
#6. 6ix9ine - GOOBA [6/10] (Least Fave Of The Week [tie])
#4. Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber - Stuck With U [6/10]

+Quote this post
Mack.
post May 27 2020, 08:32 AM
Post #109
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
A great read this. I enjoy reading your reviews. Great job.

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post May 27 2020, 02:12 PM
Post #110
Group icon
QUOTE(Mack. @ May 27 2020, 09:32 AM) *
A great read this. I enjoy reading your reviews. Great job.

Glad you do!

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post May 27 2020, 02:14 PM
Post #111
Group icon
Double post deleted

This post has been edited by DalekTurret32: May 28 2020, 11:24 PM

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post Jun 3 2020, 01:02 PM
Post #112
Group icon
A note before this edition of DT32RTUK starts:

I might have to pause the whole 'comment for every song' thing and go back to the Additional Comments route I took back in December 2019. There are times in which I don't feel like talking about every song as I have trouble coming up with words for a few of them. I also plan on focusing on other projects such as listening to (and reviewing) some albums and some possible retro countdowns.

28/05/2020

#96. The 1975 - Guys
The closing track of Notes On A Conditional Form provides a much needed sense of relief from the emotional themes running through the rest of the album. The song feels calm as Matt Healy sings about how thankful he is for his bandmates. I also like that vinyl piano near the end of the song.

#95. SL - Bad Luck
I like the woodwind trap beat on this one, and there’s a lot of amusing flexing on this track.

#91. Polo G feat. Juice WRLD - Flex
Don’t have a lot to say about this one, but I do like the exploration of the gangster lifestyles that Polo and Juice talk about.

#85. Future feat. Youngboy Never Broke Again - Trillionaire
#59. Future feat. Travis Scott - Solitaires
We have two songs from Future's new album High Off Life.
Trillionaire has some solid ‘rags to riches’ themes with a nice mellow keyboard, but it's weighed down by lines that don’t connect with each other and elongated words
Future and Travis have some solid flows on Solitaires, Travis being my fave especially. However, Future’s vocals are mixed weirdly into the beat and there’s this line where he brags about ‘coronavirus diamonds’.

#82. Jonas Brothers feat. Karol G - X
I like the latin pop fusion elements of this, from the syncopated rhythm of the drumkit and the guitars to the brass instruments getting added near the end. Karol G’s verse contributes more to this type of fusion. She sings from the perspective of the girl whom Nick and Joe are infatuated over. The line in the chorus “Kiss me like your ex is in the room” is very weird though.

#81. Joyner Lucas - Will
The beat blends a flute and acoustic guitar together really well. I also like the lyrics that show Joyner rap about his inspiration from Will Smith, while referencing the movies he starred in. He also delivers some great flows throughout.

#78. Melanie Martinez - Play Date
Aside from a few snippets, I haven’t heard a Melanie Martinez song in full. Recently, a song from the deluxe edition of her 2015 debut Cry Baby has regained popularity thanks to TikTok.
Martinez is using childlike metaphors such as board games and Ring A Ring Of Roses (or Ring A Round The Rosie as they call it in the US) to portray a lack of communication between two partners in a relationship. The toy bell sounds that later pop up further emphasise the imagery of childhood in this song. Her style isn’t a huge cup of tea of mine, but the song itself is fine enough.

#75. Natalie Taylor - Surrender
Another song from 2015 that’s blowing up from TikTok? 2020 gets more interesting for chart music! It’s a guitar driven song in which Taylor is missing her lover. Not great, but fine enough.

#65. Kygo and OneRepublic - Lose Somebody
The song takes place at a time period following the end of a relationship. Ryan Tedder’s lyrics are really good as he is admitting his faults and singing about the post-break up situation without feeling too desperate. After the first chorus sounded like it could have had a drop, Kygo finally delivers after the second chorus. It feels quite uplifting.

#43. Dađi Freyr - Think About Things
Shame that a song this good lost its chance to perform at Eurovision. Freyr cooks up a nice dish of upbeat indie pop in the vein of Hot Chip in In Our Heads and Calvin Harris in Ready For The Weekend.

#37. Katy Perry - Daisies
There is the ‘sticks and stones’ cliche, but Perry varies it from the usual ‘they may break my bones’ saying. The production sounds quite vibrant and accompanies her voice solidly.

#96. The 1975 - Guys [9/10]
#95. SL - Bad Luck [7/10]
#91. Polo G feat. Juice WRLD - Flex [7/10]
#85. Future feat. Youngboy Never Broke Again - Trillionaire [6.5/10] (Least Fave Of The Week)
#59. Future feat. Travis Scott - Solitaires [7/10]
#82. Jonas Brothers feat. Karol G - X [8/10]
#81. Joyner Lucas - Will [9/10] (Fave Of The Week)
#78. Melanie Martinez - Play Date [7/10]
#75. Natalie Taylor - Surrender [6.5/10]
#65. Kygo and OneRepublic - Lose Somebody [8/10]
#43. Dađi Freyr - Think About Things [9/10] (FOTW HM)
#37. Katy Perry - Daisies [8/10]

This post has been edited by DalekTurret32: Jun 3 2020, 02:31 PM

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post Jun 9 2020, 06:23 PM
Post #113
Group icon

04/06/2020

Let's start off this week with the album tracks.
Not a huge fan of the stuff I've heard from Gunna's Wunna(though Top Floor was close to getting a 6.5). His two word flow on Wunna in the chorus and 2nd verse gets old after a while and there's this line in which he claims his AP is 'darker than Akon' (Umm...). I do give credit to Dollaz On My Head for having lyrical segments that explore our two artists' lifestyles and I quite liked Travis Scott on Top Floor. I notice that the brass instruments on that track sound a bit similar to the ones on Hot by Young Thug (which Gunna was also on).
The two songs from The 1975's Notes On A Conditional Form are excellent (as is the album in general). Nothing Revealed/Everything Denied carries a lovely piano instrumental mixed with a cymbal drum pattern. Matt Healy carries some emotional autotune while singing about his disconnection from the real world. He also references the first line of Love It If We Made It and says that he was lying about 'f***[ing] in a car'. I like this adds a layer of emotion to an otherwise potent opening to the 1st verse of a previous song. The choral harmonies in the chorus sound absolutely wonderful and elevate this song further. Tonight (I Wish I Was Your Boy) pitches up a sample of The Temptations' 1971 song Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me) and the way it does so reminds me of 22AM-era Bon Iver and James Blake a fair bit. The guitars come together with the trumpet to give an almost dreamy feel to the song while Healy sings about guilt in a relationship.
I was looking forward to KSi's album Dissimulation from the singles I've heard and it ended up being pretty solid. I already talked about the autotune on KSi's vocals being the main downside of the album on my quick review of the album on AlbumOfTheYear. It pops up on Cap and it doesn't really back up the repetitive chorus effectively, plus that Helen Keller line was pretty questionable. I quite liked Offset's verse on this, so that's a plus. Killa Killa is better. While the autotune is still there and there was that weird Chewbacca line, Aiyana-Lee gives off a decent hook along with the bell and xylophone combination.
Niko B offers some mindless fun with his fusion of bedroom pop and rap. He raps about a friend of his wanting to become a dealer because of his hatred of the police, wanting to get back at a girl for runing his life and expressing his disgust for gherkins on a Big Mac.
Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande team up to put out what I'd like to call 'gospel house'. Funny how I brought house into the conversation, because those involved in the writing and production department of the song include BURNS, Tchami, BloodPop and Boyz Noise (all of whom had experience in the world of EDM).
Ellie Goulding comes through with what might be one of my favourites from her in a long time. This synth-driven song sees her call out a corrupt lover of hers and it feels cathartic. The choir shouting 'the power' sounds great.
Also this week, Agust D delivers a solid banger, and we get some good drill stuff from Fredo and Aitch.

#96. Sia - Together [6.5/10]
#90. Gunna feat. Travis Scott - Top Floor [6/10]
#86. Ellie Goulding - Power [9/10]
#84. Gunna feat. Young Thug - Dollaz On My Head [6/10]
#83. Gunna - Wunna [5.5/10]
#82. The 1975 - Nothing Revealed/Everything Denied [GOLD] (Fave Of The Week)
#72. Fredo - Hickory Dickory Dock [7/10]
#68. Agust D - Daechwita [7/10]
#57. Aitch - Raw [8/10]
#56. The 1975 - Tonight (I Wish I Was Your Boy) [9/10] (FOTW HM)
#39. Niko B - Who's That What's That [8/10]
#27. KSi feat. Aiyana-Lee - Killa Killa [7/10]
#24. KSi feat. Offset - Cap [5/10] (Least Fave Of The Week)
#1. Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande - Rain On Me [8/10]

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post Jun 23 2020, 12:24 PM
Post #114
Group icon

Just getting the last two weeks out of the way. Alas, no added comments.

11/06/2020

#92. Jubel feat. Neimy - Dancing In The Moonlight [7/10]
#91. Lennon Stella feat. Charlie Puth - Summer Feelings (from SCOOB!) [8/10]
#89. PS1 feat. Alex Hosking - Fake Friends [8/10]
#77. Kygo and Zak Abel - Freedom [9/10] (Fave Of The Week)
#73. Rosalia and Travis Scott - TKN [7/10]
#70. Ill Blu feat. M24 and Unknown T - Dumpa [5.5/10] (Least Fave Of The Week)
#56. Juice WRLD and Trippie Redd - Tell Me U Luv Me [7/10]
#36. Aitch - 30 [8/10]
#29. Lady Gaga - Alice [9/10]
#17. Lady Gaga and BLACKPINK - Sour Candy [9/10] (FOTW HM)
#7. Tion Wayne feat. Dutchavelli and Stormzy - I Dunno [8/10]

18/06/2020
#93. Sleepy Hallow and Foushee - Deep End Freestyle [6.5/10]
No FOTW or LFOTW this week

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post Jan 21 2021, 04:01 PM
Post #115
Group icon
Back in June, I posted my last week of DT32 Rates The UK Debuts. I have gotten more bored of doing these elaborations each week, which was why I stopped doing it.
Now allow me to close off this year with a special treat. My faves, my honourable mentions and my least faves of the debuts for the remaining week of 2020 (as well as some notes on original honourable mentions at the time of listening to them)

Starting with the Summer:

18/06/2020
Fave Of The Week: The Bigger Picture by Lil Baby [9/10]
FOTW HM: Make It Rain by Pop Smoke feat. Rowdy Rebel [8/10]
original HM: Take Care Of You by Ella Henderson [7/10]
Least Fave Of The Week: Tommy Lee by Tyla Yaweh feat. Post Malone [5/10] (Edit: Forgot about that one)

25/06/2020
Fave Of The Week: I See Red by Everybody Loves An Outlaw [9/10]
FOTW HM: Are You Bored Yet by Wallows feat. Clairo [8/10]
Least Fave Of The Week: Freaky by Swarmz, Poundz and Dappy [5/10]

02/07/2020
Fave Of The Week: Wash Us In The Blood by Kanye West feat. Travis Scott [9/10]
FOTW HM: Heaven On My Mind by Becky Hill and Sigala [9/10]
Original HM: Parasite Eve by Bring Me The Horizon [9/10]
Least Fave Of The Week: We Paid by Lil Baby and 42 Dugg [5.5/10]

09/07/2020
Fave Of The Week: My High by Disclosure feat. Amine and Slowthai [GOLD]
FOTW HM: West Ten by AJ Tracey and Mabel [9/10]
Original HM: Head & Heart by Joel Corry [9/10]
West Ten was my original FOTW, while My High was an 8/10 at the time (as was Head & Heart).
Least Fave Of The Week: Mood Swings by Pop Smoke feat. Lil Tjay [5/10]

16/07/2020
Fave Of The Week: Looking For Me by Paul Woolford and Diplo feat. Kareen Lomax [9/10]
FOTW HM: Smile by Katy Perry [9/10] (original FOTW)
Original HM: Come & Go by Juice WRLD and Marshmello [8/10]
Least Fave Of The Week: Plain Jane by D-Block Europe [6/10]

23/07/2020
Fave Of The Week: Hallucinate by Dua Lipa [GOLD]
FOTW HM: Live Without Your Love by Love Regenerator feat. Steve Lacy [9/10] (original FOTW)
Least Fave Of The Week: GREECE by DJ Khaled and Drake [5.5/10]

30/07/2020
Fave Of The Week: exile by Taylor Swift feat. Bon Iver [GOLD]
FOTW HM: The Climb Back by J Cole [9/10]
Least Fave Of The Week: On Me by Loski and Mizormac [5.5/10]

06/08/2020
Fave Of The Week: (Douha) Mali Mali by Disclosure feat. Fatoumata Diawara [GOLD]
FOTW HM: By Any Means by Jorja Smith [9/10]
Least Fave Of The Week: Rari by Octavian feat. Future [6/10]

13/08/2020
Fave Of The Week: M.E.N. III by Bugzy Malone [9/10]
FOTW HM: WAP by Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion [7/10]
Original HM: Ecstasy (Over & Over) by Prospa [7/10] (that or Heather)
Least Fave Of The Week: Twist & Turn by Popcaan, Drake and PARTYNEXTDOOR [5/10]

20/08/2020
Fave Of The Week: Levitating by Dua Lipa [GOLD] (would have given FAVE OF THE WEEK in capitals if original was the one being credited at the time)
FOTW HM: Midnight Sky by Miley Cyrus [9/10]
Least Fave Of The Week: Clout by Nines [6/10]

27/08/2020
Fave Of The Week: My Own Soul's Warning by The Killers [GOLD]
FOTW HM: Baby It's You by London Grammar [9/10]
Least Fave Of The Week: Land Of Hope And Glory by Vera Lynn [7/10] (by default)
It was originally Ain't It Different (which was also a 7/10 upon first listen but grew on me upon subsequent relistens)

This post has been edited by DalekTurret32: Jan 22 2021, 12:46 PM

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post Jan 21 2021, 04:05 PM
Post #116
Group icon

Now for the Autumn:

03/09/2020
Fave Of The Week: How Do You Want It by Swarmz feat. Krept & Konan and Bandokay [9/10]
FOTW HM: Come Over by Rudimental feat. Anne-Marie and Tion Wayne [8/10]
Original HM: Over Now by Calvin Harris and The Weeknd [8/10]
Least Fave Of The Week: Blastoff by Internet Money feat. Juice WRLD and Trippie Redd [6/10]

10/09/2020
Fave Of The Week: Obey by Bring Me The Horizon feat. YUNGBLUD [9/10]
FOTW HM: NIC by Nines feat. Tiggs Da Author [9/10]
Least Fave Of The Week: Backyard Boy by Claire Rosinkranz [6/10]

17/09/2020
Fave Of The Week: Let's Love by David Guetta feat. Sia [8/10]
FOTW HM: OK NOT To Be OK by Marshmello feat. Demi Lovato [8/10]
Least Fave Of The Week: Lagga by M1llionz [7/10] (by default)

24/09/2020
Fave Of The Week: Diamonds by Sam Smith [9/10]
FOTW HM: See Nobody by Wes Nelson feat. Hardy Caprio [8/10]
Least Fave Of The Week: Holy by Justin Bieber feat. Chance The Rapper [6/10]

01/10/2020
Fave Of The Week: Trouble's Coming by Royal Blood [9/10]
FOTW HM: Magic by Kylie Minogue [9/10]
Least Fave Of The Week: Spirit Of The Blues by FC Everton [6.5/10]

08/10/2020
Fave Of The Week: Runnin' by 21 Savage and Metro Boomin [8/10]
FOTW HM: Space by Becky Hill (may get tied with Lovesick Girls) [8/10]
Least Fave Of The Week: Heart Of Glass by Miley Cyrus [5/10]

15/10/2020
Fave Of The Week: BLM by OFB (Bandokay, Double Lz) feat. Abra Cadabra [9/10]
FOTW HM: Sofia by Clairo [8/10]
Least Fave Of The Week: Baby I'm Jealous by Bebe Rexha feat. Doja Cat [6.5/10]

22/10/2020
Fave Of The Week: Heat Waves by Glass Animals [9/10]
FOTW HM: Happiness by Little Mix [8/10]
Least Fave Of The Week: You're Mines Still by Yung Bleu feat. Drake [5/10]

29/10/2020
Fave Of The Week: Golden by Harry Styles [9/10]
FOTW HM: Teardrops by Bring Me The Horizon [9/10]
Least Fave Of The Week: E-GIRLS ARE RUINING MY LIFE! by CORPSE and Savage Ga$p [5/10]

05/11/2020
Fave Of The Week: Kingslayer by Bring Me The Horizon feat. BABYMETAL [9/10]
FOTW HM: 1x1 by Bring Me The Horizon feat. Nova Twins [8/10]
Original HM: Get Out My Head by Shane Codd [8/10]
Least Fave Of The Week: Cold World by M Huncho and Nafe Smallz feat. Young Adz [6/10]

12/11/2020
Fave Of The Week: Always Do by The Kid LAROI [8/10]
FOTW HM: pov by Ariana Grande [8/10] (came pretty close to FOTW)
original HM: I'll Call You Back by Dutchavelli [8/10]
Least Fave Of The Week: Plugged In Freestyle by A92 x Fumez The Engineer feat. Offica [6/10]

19/11/2020
Fave Of The Week: The Business by Tiesto [8/10]
FOTW HM: therefore i am by Billie Eilish [8/10]
Least Fave Of The Week: Love Is A Compass by Griff [6/10]

26/11/2020
Fave Of The Week: Kate Winslet by NSG feat. Unknown T [9/10]
FOTW HM: Don't Cry by Bugzy Malone feat. Dermot Kennedy [8/10]
Least Fave Of The Week: Move On by Lil Tjay [6.5/10]

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post Jan 21 2021, 04:08 PM
Post #117
Group icon

Now to close this off with December

03/12/2020
Fave Of The Week: Graveyard Shift by AJ Tracey and Slowthai [8/10]
FOTW HM: In The Bleak Midwinter by Jamie Cullum [8/10]
I have been coming back to No Time For Tears more frequently, so it might overtake Callum
Least Fave Of The Week: Naughty List by Liam Payne feat. Dixie D'Amelio [5/10]

10/12/2020
Fave Of The Week: Plastic Hearts by Miley Cyrus [9/10]
FOTW HM: The Lighthouse Keeper by Sam Smith [8/10]
Least Fave Of The Week: Real Shit by Benny Blanco and Juice WRLD [5.5/10]
Oh Santa was close, but Grande's vocal inflictions near the end of the version credited bump it up a little.

17/12/2020
Fave Of The Week: no body no crime by Taylor Swift feat. HAIM [9/10]
FOTW HM: willow by Taylor Swift [9/10]
Least Fave Of The Week: Your New Boyfriend by Wilbur Soot [5/10]

24/12/2020
Fave Of The Week: Gnat by Eminem [8/10]
FOTW HM: I Need You Christmas by Jonas Brothers [7/10]
Least Fave Of The Week: Don't Stop Me Eatin' by LadBaby [6/10]

31/12/2020
Fave Of The Week: Comin' Over Here by Asian Dub Foundation feat. Stewart Lee [8/10]
Least Fave Of The Week: What Christmas Means To Me by Stevie Wonder [7/10] (by default)

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:44 AM