BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Least Favorite Disney Animated Classic Round 2, Down to 49
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Least Fave
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 19
Guests cannot vote 
Nina West
post Nov 19 2015, 01:22 AM
Post #1
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
Group: Members
Member No.: 19,846
   No Gallery Pics

Welcome Buzzjack to Round 2 of Least fave Disney Animated Classic, and after an overwhelming response to the first round and again thanks guys, we lose the first 5 of the 54 features. Right due to the error of the last round, I didn't count the votes for the last 4 because of I exceeded the maximum of 50 questions. But now that we're down to 49 movies, all votes will count.

There were no surprises really of the ones that went, 4 of them were the Disney propaganda package films which most people probably haven't heard off and the other was "Dinosaur" which was their first fully CGI picture and basically an updated version of "The Land Before Time".

54th Melody Time = 11 Votes

Gaining the most votes and settling for last place is "Melody Time", gaining just one more vote than the other 3 package films that have dropped. This was just basically showing that the company were on hard times during WW 2 and were forced to make these propaganda movies to make the public feel good while the war was going on. While this isn't terrible I do have trouble remembering it, apart from the Johnny Appleseed section.

53rd Saludos Amigos = 10 Votes

Another package film to drop and in fact their first one, this also has the shortest running time out of the lost with just 42 minutes in total and given that Disney lost most of their staff were recruited to the war and plus a strike going on at the same time, you can forgive them for rushing this out quickly. But this one also suffers from the same problems, firstly coming off the back of 5 Disney animated classics (Snow White, Pinocchio, Fantasia, Dumbo & Bambi), this doesn't measure up to those standards whatsoever and the film itself was just a bunch of shorts of people drawing while going on holiday. This is the first of the 3 way tie which all gained 10 votes for the 2nd from last position.

=53rd Make Mine Music = 10 Votes

In joint 53rd position is "Make Mine Music" which follows in the same vein as "Melody Time" and basically trying desperately to be like "Fantasia" by using the same formula, but failing in almost all areas with music that feels dated. There are 2 shorts that are pretty decent in this "Peter & The Wolf" and "The Whale who wanted to sing at the Met", but on the whole the animation was rushed and doesn't match up to the standards from their earlier releases.

=53rd Fun & Fancy Free = 10 Votes

Another package film drops "Fun & Fancy Free", this one features just 2 animated shorts where one features a circus bear experiencing the wild life which is okay and pretty harmless, while at the same time pretty forgettable and then the 2nd one is "Mickey and the Beanstalk" which is definitely the best out of the 2 and features a great scene where Donald Duck goes beserk, while on the whole the film itself may be disjointed, but the 2nd movie more than makes up for it.

50th Dinosaur = 8 Votes

At the #50 is "Dinosaur" the only non propaganda film to drop in this bunch, gaining the lowest out of the 5 with 8 votes. This gained a lot of hype up until it was released and marked a first for Disney in using full CGI characters in real life backgrounds and while adventurous the movie itself was a total letdown, the effects look totally dated now and not very good anyway and the decision to have them talk, basically ruined it from being unique and instead ended up being compared unfavourably to "The Land Before Time".

So now then 49 movies left, same rules apply just vote for up to 5 of your least faves and the 5 with the most votes will be out by the next round which will be on Saturday.

Results So Far
50th Dinosaur = 8/6.96%
=53rd Saludos Amigos = 10/8.70%
=53rd Make Mine Music = 10/8.70%
=53rd Fun & Fancy Free = 10/8.70%
54th Melody Time = 11/9.57%

This post has been edited by Acidburn: Nov 19 2015, 01:24 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nina West
post Nov 19 2015, 01:27 AM
Post #2
   No Gallery Pics

The Three Caballeros, The Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh, Home On The Range & Chicken Little

+Quote Post
TNSEL AND WIRED™
post Nov 19 2015, 09:02 AM
Post #3
controversial biege i mean relic of buzzjack
Member No.: 21,005

Dinosaur clinching on top the top 50? manson.gif

Three Cal..., Mr. Toad and Home on the Range that I can't remember of this time.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Nov 19 2015, 11:23 AM
Post #4
Bitch of t seet
Member No.: 16,660

Robinsons, Fantasia, Icabod & Mr Toad, The Black Cauldron and Basil

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Nov 19 2015, 04:49 PM
Post #5
It's a cruel summer.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

Oliver And Company/Aladdin/Tarzan/Hecules/Meet The Crappisons for me this round!

Ooh and I have an advert for Disney with Elsa on on this page as I'm commenting *.* heart.gif

Omg at Dinosaur out, I adore that movie cry.gif

+Quote Post
Leonardo
post Nov 19 2015, 05:06 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,502

The Three Caballeros, The Adventures Of Icabod and Mr Toad, Home On The Range, Chicken Little & Fantasia 2000.

+Quote Post
Nina West
post Nov 21 2015, 12:47 AM
Post #7
   No Gallery Pics

Voting over next round coming up

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:38 PM