BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Potential Fifth Single?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Defaze
post Jun 25 2017, 06:39 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 17,608

This has been doing the rounds on Twitter. What do we reckon?

If true, I dont think it's a good idea at all. Just... why? 'Private Show' is the only thing within touching distance of the four singles quality-wise imo, but from the description, that seems really unlikely. I've seen 'Nothing Else Matters' and 'Your Love' banded around quite a bit, but they're the exact epitome of 'album track' to me, and I can't help but feel they'd flop horribly.

'Down and Dirty' has grown on me massively after the live performances, and I love the verses, but that chorus and drop is unforgivable.

The best choice would be 'Oops'. It's shit, but the public seemed to react well to it, and it'd be an easy Gold certification. Honestly though, I'd much rather it be the lead single from a re-release.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Jun 25 2017, 07:09 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182
Oops. By the time it'll impact we will be onto Autumn and it'll be perfect. Video similar to Love Me Like You would be fab too but not sure what is in Leeds to warrant them filming there!

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Jun 25 2017, 10:10 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
I don't honestly feel like there's anything worthy left now.

+Quote this post
Defaze
post Jun 25 2017, 10:24 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Jun 25 2017, 11:10 PM) *
I don't honestly feel like there's anything worthy left now.

Yeah, it's as simple as this for me.

I'd usually be all for squeezing out another single, but I feel any other track would tarnish the perfect run of 'Black Magic' through to 'Power' (both in terms of quality and chart performance). End the era on a high point, just as they did with 'Salute' and 'Hair'.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jun 25 2017, 10:28 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
The whole "we are looking for groups of friends" thing makes me think it'll be 'Nothing Else Matters' if they go ahead with it!

I would be SO happy with that as I've never got the disdain towards that track! It feels really euphoric to me.

But yeah, I LOOOOOVEEEE the album, but I don't think they will do much with a 5th single because the first 4 were SPOT ON!

+Quote this post
MrLoverboy
post Jun 25 2017, 10:45 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 22,989
Really hope they don't a fifth single. It would ruin the perfect run we had for this album. Unless it was F.U.... but I still don't want it.

+Quote this post
Defaze
post Jun 25 2017, 10:53 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jun 25 2017, 11:28 PM) *
The whole "we are looking for groups of friends" thing makes me think it'll be 'Nothing Else Matters' if they go ahead with it!

I would be SO happy with that as I've never got the disdain towards that track! It feels really euphoric to me.

But yeah, I LOOOOOVEEEE the album, but I don't think they will do much with a 5th single because the first 4 were SPOT ON!

Yeah, it seems the most likely choice if this casting call is real.

I don't think it's a bad song by any means -- and it works really well in the context of the album -- but it sounds a bit cheesy and limp otherwise. It's probably too MOR for the GP, similar to NMSS, and if that struggled, then I can't see any fate beyond a major flop for NEM.

I suppose they're in the lucky position where a single's poor performance won't do them any detriment, but it just seems so extraneous to me.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Jun 25 2017, 11:05 PM
Post #8
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
Hopefully it's for a re-released, I feel the perfect single-worthy songs have been picked. I just pray it isn't Down and Dirty or You Gotta Not.

+Quote this post
awardinary
post Jun 25 2017, 11:21 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587
The real question is... which rapper are they going to get to feature on it?

Quavo hasn't had anything new out in the charts for a few weeks. kink.gif

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Jun 25 2017, 11:26 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608
I agree that the four obvious singles have been released now, if we had to have another I'd push for Your Love but it's nothing more than a low top 40. Nothing Else Matters would do similarly.

They should definitely go for a re-release or new album. I know they originally said no new album for 2017 but I feel like I read that they took that back a few months ago?

But Glory Days re-release with two big singles on it is my guess, one for late summer and one for X Factor. Then they'll go quiet for a few months before relaunching in summer 2018 with lead single from album 5, followed by second single and album release in Q4 2018 (and then follow a Get Weird-esque singles strategy). At least this is what they SHOULD do in my opinion! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Jun 26 2017, 09:19 AM
Post #11
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
I just fear the girls are going to be over worked like 1D were since they are Sycos biggest act

+Quote this post
shindymindy
post Jun 26 2017, 09:23 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 2,021
I hope it's for a re-release.
As much as Your Love and Nothing Else Matters are nice they are pretty forgetful!

+Quote this post
post Jun 26 2017, 09:25 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
I think think they should release any more singles unless they have time to give it a bit of a personal push. Power is lucky to have had a Stormzy ft and a big video to have done decently enough, but any 5th single is surely going to tank now?

Their visibility in the UK has been terrible this year for Glory Days. Shout Out on Brits has been their only TV spot in the whole of 2017!

+Quote this post
kye
post Jun 26 2017, 09:38 AM
Post #14
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169
I think they're forcing out a fifth single / re-release because of the tour. I guess they don't want to have nothing out whilst they're on tour as that's a promo opportunity in itself isn't it. Plus, I can see them doing X Factor / Strictly, especially since they're touring the UK at the same time they're on.

+Quote this post
post Jun 26 2017, 09:40 AM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
QUOTE(Kye @ Jun 26 2017, 10:38 AM) *
I think they're forcing out a fifth single / re-release because of the tour. I guess they don't want to have nothing out whilst they're on tour as that's a promo opportunity in itself isn't it. Plus, I can see them doing X Factor / Strictly, especially since they're touring the UK at the same time they're on.

I have seen increasing rumours about a 5th album in Q4, which I think is a messy mistake and they need some time away to build so big buzz, don't want another rushed album and it feels weird side by side with a Glory Days tour.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Jun 26 2017, 09:43 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182
QUOTE(Kye @ Jun 26 2017, 10:38 AM) *

I think Oops would be perfect for a Strictly performance. They'll have performed it on X-Factor with this season just gone so would be pointless reprising it and if Strictly is still getting better ratings why not?

+Quote this post
kye
post Jun 26 2017, 02:04 PM
Post #17
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169
QUOTE(Joe. @ Jun 26 2017, 10:40 AM) *
I have seen increasing rumours about a 5th album in Q4, which I think is a messy mistake and they need some time away to build so big buzz, don't want another rushed album and it feels weird side by side with a Glory Days tour.

I agree, that would be super messy. Everyone's got 'Glory Days' t-shirts on from the tour and they've pushed out a new album! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Jun 26 2017, 02:13 PM
Post #18
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
I think I can see both sides to this. This album feels more like Get Weird in terms of single potential; I can probably think of one, maybe two more, possible singles and they wouldn't do as well as the others. However, I did think about their tour and what they could possibly bring to the forefront as promo, so there's that.

Would "Oops" do that well now? I feel like the modern doo-wop thing won't do as well now as back then.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Jun 26 2017, 02:18 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608
I'm sure they can squeeze in an X Factor performance if they wanted one, on October 22nd for example there are a couple of free days either side so would be doable - especially as they were going to do BGT in a much tighter window.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Jun 26 2017, 02:30 PM
Post #20
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
"Oops" would be the best choice left and it's already had a long chart run without being an actual single, I know this was gonna be the 3rd single, but now with 'NMSS' & 'Power' out of the way, yeah this would be a great choice and still rank it as one of my fave tracks from the album.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:56 AM