BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> HATECHART 2015 // RESULTS, i don't like it, i hate it hate it hate it (uh oh)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Spinning Adam
post 16th November 2015, 08:46 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

I love KSI as a Youtuber but really his songs just make me laugh a little and nothing more. Surprised it isn't higher actually.

I don't hate Show Me Love at all, apart from its constant remakes every year. Also surprised comparing it to BJSC result.

I haven't seen much hate for I'm An Albatraoz on here (I know Taylor Jago isn't a fan kink.gif) so I'm half surprised as this being so high and half not.

I've tried getting into Hotline Bling but I don't hate it. Shame 45S missed the top 15. It's still clearly showing that she's been anything but on form this year mellow.gif (not to mention her album mess)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 16th November 2015, 08:50 PM
Post #42
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I don't believe I've ever heard 'Lamborghini', I've completely forgotten about 'Lost Stars' and 'I'm An Albatraoz' is a guilty pleasure.

'Show Me Love' is a lazy and uninspiring version of the song, and 'Hotline Bling' deserves to be that high too.

'FourFiveSeconds' would be the worst song of the past 5 years if it wasn't for Rita Ora's 'Shine Ya Light'. I honestly don't see what anyone can like about it?

+Quote this post
seven.
post 16th November 2015, 08:51 PM
Post #43
Group icon
i can only do one normal thing a day
User: 14,428

WickedSkengMan 4 music.gif one of the year's most iconic chart moments. Buzzjack bitches better not be hating, lest you get a boot to the face courtesy of me & my free adidas creps cool.gif

Glad you guys have seen sense and put BBHMM ahead of FourFiveSeconds here biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 16th November 2015, 08:54 PM
Post #44
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Show Me Love is awful and should be top 10 sad.gif However I love Lost Stars and She's Kinda Hot so ugh at them being so high up sad.gif

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 16th November 2015, 08:58 PM
Post #45
Group icon
Break the tension

QUOTE(#psychic7 @ Nov 16 2015, 08:51 PM) *
Glad you guys have seen sense and put BBHMM ahead of FourFiveSeconds here biggrin.gif

Honestly, that's like choosing between two extreme methods of torture to be inflicted on you. Neither of those songs have redeeming qualities.

+Quote this post
ML Hammer95
post 16th November 2015, 09:01 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,265

A Grime freestyle charting in the top 20 is something to be celebrated! cheer.gif Big up Stormzy, that man has had a big year. I do prefer Know Me From though.

Shame that Drake and Flo Rida/Robin Thicke are this high. The chorus to I Don't Like It, I Love It is one of the catchiest of the whole year while Hotline Bling is fast becoming iconic. wub.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 16th November 2015, 09:01 PM
Post #47
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

This list is already on one of the worst threads of the year due to "I Don't Mind" and "Let It Go" being extremely low.

It's rather DISGUSTING that "Five More Hours" and both 5SOS songs are higher than the former. I'm honestly embarrassed to be posting in this.

+Quote this post
T83:Y96
post 16th November 2015, 09:05 PM
Post #48
Group icon
My mother said, to get things done, you better not mess with Maj
User: 21,319

Abysmal section there.

I'm An Albatraoz is second worst of the year after Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae).
WickedSkengMan4 is unbearable.
Hotline Bling is awful, I cannot believe it's outdone Hold On, We're Going Home (which is a great song)
I Don't Like It, I Love It was good at first but got annoying (amusingly GDFR was the complete opposite)
And FourFiveSeconds is a boring turd.

+Quote this post
danG
post 16th November 2015, 09:48 PM
Post #49
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

The top 15, in alphabetical order.

Aston Merrygold - Get Stupid
Bars And Melody - Keep Smiling
Bars And Melody - Stay Strong
Beyoncé - 7/11
Charlie Puth & Meghan Trainor - Marvin Gaye
Chris Brown x Tyga - Ayo
Jamie Lawson - Wasn't Expecting That
Meghan Trainor - Dear Future Husband
Rihanna - Bitch Better Have My Money
Sam Smith - Lay Me Down
Sam Smith - Lay Me Down (feat. John Legend)
Sam Smith - Writing's On The Wall
Silentó - Watch Me (Whip / Nae Nae)
Stereo Kicks - Love Me So
Union J - You Got It All

The counting down of the top 15 will start tomorrow, predictions?

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 16th November 2015, 10:04 PM
Post #50
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

I'm quite surprised Get Stupid is on the hate chart at all if in honest. The song is ok and I don't think I saw very many hate comments at all in its thread unsure.gif still it's a big step back from JLS as a group, me being quite a big fan of most of their stuff music.gif . I'm not sure how many here liked them even laugh.gif

Marvin Gaye is another I've not seen much hate on, well not until recently. The lyrics are kind of cheesy though laugh.gif

I can't say I wasn't expecting Jamie Lawson (when will this joke ever get old? tongue.gif) to be here. It's very Ed Sheeran but his voice is kind of ok and I don't mind this one too much.

Not that fussed to see UJ here. I do enjoy most of their singles but this is their dullest and it's a shame it was a sales #1. Poor Sam Smith appearing three times in the top 15 :')

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 16th November 2015, 10:08 PM
Post #51
Group icon
Break the tension

Silento to be the runaway winner now (which was my second choice behind 'FourFiveSeconds' anyway).

+Quote this post
ML Hammer95
post 16th November 2015, 10:14 PM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,265

Only song I like that remains is Ayo... Silento is obviously going to win this.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 16th November 2015, 10:18 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

So many amazing tracks in the last few sections! People hate too much these days laugh.gif

So of that top 15 there's only one song I dislike which is Get Stupid. Predictably a lot of boyband output but none of it stuck around at all long enough to become hate worthy. Poor Sam Smith with 3 tracks there I like all of them.

Silentó does not deserve to 'win' this.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 16th November 2015, 10:51 PM
Post #54
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

I don't even remember those Bars & Melody songs, in fact I don't recall being subjected to anything from them, guess I'll keep it that way ;o Get Stupid I also don't remember, very agreeable top 15 apart from that though, I voted/almost voted for most of them!

Marvin Gaye to win this, Silento's at least wasn't pretending to be a serious attempt at a song.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 16th November 2015, 11:17 PM
Post #55
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Well at least that top 15 is mostly bad, only Bitch Better Have My Money (the Kat Krazy bootleg <3) , as well as maybe Marvin Gaye and Watch Me (on a good day) that I'd defend. A few filler tracks by bad artists that I barely remember but honestly I'd prefer that than so many big hits that got overplayed taking up the slots.

Horrible seeing FourFiveSeconds, Waiting For Love, Take Me To Church and She's Kinda Hot so high but I'm glad they all missed the top 15. I'm going to be a little unconventional and cheer on Dear Future Husband for the win, for what it stands for if nothing else.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 17th November 2015, 10:56 AM
Post #56
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

'FourFiveSeconds' really grew on me, after I initially "didn't get it". I'd actually consider it to be one of Top 40 best songs of the year. 'Bitch...' is good too, although I do understand why it's so polarising. Poor Rhenna facing this backlash!

'7/11' has no business being this high, what a tune! sob.gif It'd better not make the Top 10 here. nono.gif

Lol at both versions of 'Lay Me Down' being this high up. I wonder which version will be considered worse?

+Quote this post
danG
post 17th November 2015, 08:57 PM
Post #57
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

15. Aston Merrygold - Get Stupid
28-62-96-x (3 weeks)
90 points

Back when JLS were actually a thing it was assumed that once they split Aston Merrygold would be the one with a decent solo career. As it turns out though, he only released his debut single years after people stopped caring - and the song wasn't any good either, leading into a hilarious #28 debut. The song somehow actually became a decent hit somewhere though, #10 in Australia.

14. Sam Smith - Writing's On The Wall
1-3-7-11-4-3-8-... (7 weeks) silver.jpg
90 points

So we were all eagerly awaiting to hear who had been chosen to sing the Bond theme. And then all excitement was lost when it was announced as Sam Smith. Seriously though, this song is just as dull as I expected it to be, the only good thing about this is the strings in the production. And I guess it sounded okay in the opening titles sequence of the film.

13. Sam Smith - Lay Me Down
46-60-90-x-87-88-15-17-18-19-24-21-26-32-35-38-41-44-51-57-69-81-90-100-x gold.jpg
91 points

Originally a pre-album buzz single, but it then re-appeared in the chart thanks to the John Legend version getting released and the two songs not being combined in the chart. Whilst this isn't as painful to the ears as the other version it's still really bad (especially the chorus where he really wails, although it doesn't sound so bad on the Tiësto remix) and so I'm glad the other version hasn't taken away too many points from this. Will it be #1 though? It's definitely in the top 10 anyway.

12. Bars And Melody - Keep Smiling
52-x (1 week)
92 points

Unfortunately Bars And Melody didn't stop after 'Hopeful' but at least they didn't trouble the official top 40 or get any airplay which meant my ears weren't subjected to the song. I did quickly preview both BAM entries on iTunes at the time and they sounded really awful, I could only last a few seconds. Although I didn't give the songs any hate points as I've now forgotten how they went like.

11. Bars And Melody - Stay Strong
53-x
94 points

And both of their entries are found next to each other, lol. Apparently this one is slightly worse than the other. Can't say much more really. I doubt they'll be troubling the chart again now that their album has been released.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 17th November 2015, 08:59 PM
Post #58
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

10. Stereo Kicks- Love Me So
31-X (1 Week)
95 Points

ALERT: Irrelevant boyband #1 appearance in the top 10. Whoever thought an 8 piece boyband was a good idea were out of their minds and X-Factor 5th place Stereo Kicks lasted one single before breaking up (to the relief of everyone). Love Me So is similar to a Westlife song. Which is practically one of the worst comparisons a song could ever receive. Watching paint dry on a wall for 5 hours would be more fun than listening to this dull boring song with horrid and terrible vocals. It’s a shame they didn’t leave X-Factor in the 2nd week when they were bottom 2  Anyway this debuted at an awful 31 before plummeting down the chart never to be seen again at a comical rate. And they split up cheer.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 17th November 2015, 09:00 PM
Post #59
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

09. Rihanna- Bitch Better Have My Money
29-27-52-39-42-50-53-51-55-60-64-66-72-88-61-53-62-62-71-81-84-92-90-X (23 Weeks)
silver.jpg
102 Points

I said in my FourFiveSeconds commentary that we had another RiRi song to come and here it is at number 9 as Bitch Better Have Money is the first song to pass 100 points. This completely bombed in the charts for RiRi’s standards (though its peak is excellent in comparison with American Flopsygen). I’m surprised the song had anywhere near that much longevity! Anyway the video was a major talking point about this song for how brutal and violent it was and caused a lot of controversy. This is such an awful song from Rihanna and is just a racket of noise. Anyway 2015 has been a year to forget for RiRi fans as the usually adored artist on Buzzjack sees her pick up 2 top 20 hits on the hatechart, more than she achieved in the official charts!
#8-#6 coming in an hour smile.gif

+Quote this post
danG
post 17th November 2015, 09:04 PM
Post #60
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

QUOTE(UltraChristmas @ Nov 17 2015, 08:59 PM) *
ALERT: Irrelevant boyband #1 appearance in the top 10. Whoever thought an 8 piece boyband was a good idea were out of their minds and X-Factor 5th place Stereo Kicks lasted one single before breaking up (to the relief of everyone). Love Me So is similar to a Westlife song. Which is practically one of the worst comparisons a song could ever receive. Watching paint dry on a wall for 5 hours would be more fun than listening to this dull boring song with horrid and terrible vocals. It’s a shame they didn’t leave X-Factor in the 2nd week when they were bottom 2  Anyway this debuted at an awful 31 before plummeting down the chart never to be seen again at a comical rate. And they split up cheer.gif

Let's not forget their goodbye message when they thanked their fans for their MIDWEEK #12 SMASH :')

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 01:41 AM