BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 8 years of Monster, 8 years ago!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
WhoOdyssey
post Jun 11 2019, 10:58 AM
Post #1
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771
A couple of days ago marked 8 years since Monster came out for the movie Transformers: Dark of the Moon. It was the first song not to feature Josh & Zac.

Always been one of my faves of theirs - what's your thoughts?

This post has been edited by WhoOdyssey: Jun 11 2019, 10:59 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jade
post Jun 11 2019, 12:12 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
'Monster' is also one of my Paramore favourites <3 it feels so underrated in their discography, perhaps because of the soundtrack tag? Although 'Decode' doesn't feel all that underappreciated so who knows. Perhaps there was more crossover between their fanbase and Twilight fans compared to Transformers. The chorus is incredible and so explosive wub.gif

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Jun 11 2019, 12:48 PM
Post #3
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176
god can't believe it's been that long! monster is up there with my all time faves and sort of marks the era where I properly got into pmore so it's always a special one to me x

+Quote this post
Riser
post Jun 11 2019, 11:21 PM
Post #4
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534
Yeah it's a fave of mine too! I'll always prefer Decode but at least Monster showed that wasn't a fluke as far as them totally slaying on a soundtrack. It does feel kinda forgotten to me and even at the time I thought its impact was very short-lived. But maybe that's just me since I didn't actually watch the Transformers films.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Jun 12 2019, 03:00 PM
Post #5
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
'Monster', this was another top quality tune from them. Can't I listen much to 'Decode' as much to 'Monster', to be honest.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Jun 12 2019, 03:16 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
Every time I see the thread on the main page, I keep thinking it's for the Lady Gaga forum and am like... "that was nearly 9 years ago". laugh.gif

+Quote this post
gavindeejay
post Jun 16 2019, 08:34 AM
Post #7
Group icon
Why do today, what you can do tomorrow?
User: 7,645
Such a great song sadly very much forgotten now. It’s a shame they didn’t tag it on the back of the Paramore album but can understand there was quite a gap between ‘Monster’ and ‘Paramore’ and probably would’ve fit the sound of the album.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Jun 16 2019, 09:17 AM
Post #8
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176
im still in belief they should have made their singles club ep a full length album, im sure they would have had the material going by what they said im regards to writing their self titled, it sounds like there were loads of songs that didnt make the cut. honestly monster/renegade/hello cold world/ in the morning are all among my all time favourite pmore songs, the first three would all have made killer singles for an album and would have given them the attention they deserve imo

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:02 PM