BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Band Musical - Winners of Let it Shine, West End debut Dec 2018, UK tour 2018
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
milly
post 14th September 2016, 03:51 AM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 20,540

QUOTE(jay727 @ Sep 13 2016, 09:13 PM) *
Looks like Gary will have a former XF judge taking a spot on the panel! It'll be announced tonight. I reckon it's Danni Minogue...

It is.

I was very disappointed by this choice - and the other 2 (if they get confirmed). I was hoping he'd go with someone with credibility in the business and with a big career behind them.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
jay727
post 14th September 2016, 06:36 AM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 12,273

She was good on XF and has a decent amount of experience in productions. I reckon she's a good choice. Interesting to see who the other two judges will be. Filming starts next week so we won't have long to wait...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/17777...w-let-it-shine/

+Quote this post
milly
post 14th September 2016, 08:33 AM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

I know most people liked her on XF, but, personally, I never got the attraction.
I just hope Gary made the right choices for his show and he won't regret them later on.
http://www.tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/let-i...ary-barlow.html

+Quote this post
tommie
post 14th September 2016, 02:24 PM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

Danushka!!! cheer.gif

+Quote this post
pippa
post 14th September 2016, 02:30 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

Dannii was a very honest judge on X Factor (with other acts too,outside her own category).I have read that many of her acts are still in touch with her unlike Cheryl who appears to drop them as soon as the show finishes. This presents she is genuine to me and wants the acts to do good for themselves.

Dannii has a lot of experience under her belt as she has had a long career. The biggest problem for Dannii is she is always in Kylie's shadow. With a side she has a lot of industry experience.

+Quote this post
dylan62
post 14th September 2016, 06:05 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 23,185

I can see the reason for DM inclusion as she was very popular on X Factor. I can't imagine her appointment will have improved Gary and SC relationship smile.gif

MK is an interesting choice. I know his pop and film credentials but I'm unaware of any theatre work. As for the third appointment, I don't know the artist at all. I would have preferred a well known UK theatre artist if I'm honest. I can't believe there wasn't any one suitable. The West End is brimming with top class performers so I'm struggling to see why they chose this lady.

I'm not sure how much power Gary has when it comes to appointments as he doesn't appear to be the producer. I like the two presenters, but they're both 'light weight' so the show is going to be very much mainstream entertainment. I'd hazard a guess that it will follow a similar format to ALW shows on the BBC some years ago.

This post has been edited by dylan62: 14th September 2016, 06:07 PM

+Quote this post
jay727
post 14th September 2016, 07:40 PM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Yeah agreed, Dylan, very much see this going like an 'Any Dream Will Do'/'SuperStar' show. Interesting that the show itself will be called 'The Band'

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 15th September 2016, 12:57 AM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

So happy dannii has joined,was never a fan until she did x factor and I loved her on that and remains my fave judge ever from the show with gary 2nd. I'm really looking forward to the show now more than ever.

+Quote this post
milly
post 15th September 2016, 04:14 AM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

How can Gary come 2nd to anyone? tongue.gif

Amber whatshername apparently was on Glee, so Glee fans are probably familiar with her. Anyway, she won't be on the show permanently, just at the beginning.
I hope I warm up to the judges in time; so far, none of them excites me in any way or screams success for the show. I know that Dannii is popular with the XF audience, but I get her as much as I do her sister and, with the other 2 judges, I'm not familiar at all. I wish Gary had brought Josh Groban on board, cause he's got a great personality and a great sense of humour - not to mention an undeniable singing talent.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 15th September 2016, 01:40 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Gary needs someone who can be serious but witty and funny, David Williams style on Britain's Got Talent for example. The key for a judging panel is having a strong and varied mix. I firmly believe Dannii is a great addition to the panel. On a general conscientious i prefer Kylie to Danni (musically 100% and personality i slightly prefer Kylie too). That said, as a judge i preferred Dannii if i was to compare Kylie on the Voice and Dannii on X Factor.

+Quote this post
milly
post 15th September 2016, 03:56 PM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

Well, I'm more than open to be proven wrong, cause I really want the show to be a success and I want to be able to enjoy the full panel smile.gif

This post has been edited by milly: 15th September 2016, 03:57 PM

+Quote this post
pippa
post 15th September 2016, 07:08 PM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

It would be just wonderful if this turns out to be a huge hit, that said i also want it to be a show that i look forward to each week.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 16th September 2016, 12:45 AM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Ya i hope its a good show, for myself im getting somewhat tired of some of the reality shows, i was a huge x factor fan but i dont enjoy it nearly as much anymore, the voice i found very hit and miss so im hoping this is a show i will be excited about watching and really get behind the contestants. I am looking forward to hearing some new renditions of some Take That songs too.

I hope Howard and Mark are involved a fair bit throughout the process as well.

+Quote this post
milly
post 16th September 2016, 06:09 AM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

Gary has said that all of them have been involved in this new show - who knows, maybe we'll get to see Mark and Howard as guest judges.

I'm curious what TT songs they'll be using. They have 8 live shows after all - and if they get at least 5 bands and one song/band/show, that means we should be hearing at least 40 TT songs - they'll have no choice but to go beyond the obvious hits - at least that's what I'm hoping smile.gif

+Quote this post
pippa
post 16th September 2016, 02:08 PM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I would believe they will have a week where acts will have to sing Take That album tracks only and not just singles (maybe that's wishful thinking on my side). It be be an interesting watch to see how the contestants will song the songs or what style they will sing them in. If the show performs strongly in the ratings i would like to think we will at the least see The Ultimate Collection make a return to the charts and hopefully some Take That songs getting downloads on itunes.

Ideally and again extremely wishful thinking, the show will have good ratings and a contestant will perform Gary's Lie To Me and as a result it turns into the surprise hit of the year huh.gif and become a big hit like it truly deserves.

+Quote this post
milly
post 16th September 2016, 05:15 PM
Post #56
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(pippa @ Sep 16 2016, 05:08 PM) *
I would believe they will have a week where acts will have to sing Take That album tracks only and not just singles (maybe that's wishful thinking on my side). It be be an interesting watch to see how the contestants will song the songs or what style they will sing them in. If the show performs strongly in the ratings i would like to think we will at the least see The Ultimate Collection make a return to the charts and hopefully some Take That songs getting downloads on itunes.

Ideally and again extremely wishful thinking, the show will have good ratings and a contestant will perform Gary's Lie To Me and as a result it turns into the surprise hit of the year huh.gif and become a big hit like it truly deserves.

That would be my dream smile.gif
But they'll probably stick to only TT songs. Even so, I'd love it if one of their tracks made such an impact that it would chart and become a hit, after all those years.
I soooo hope someone sings Will You Be There for Me, Coming Home, Flaws, Holding Back the Tears and Another Crack. And You and Trouble and Sleepwalking and Butterfly and Higher than Higher and Fall Down at Your Feet and Freeze and Don't Say Goodbye and Like I Never Loved You At All and She Said and Pretty Things....I'm really dreaming here laugh.gif

+Quote this post
pippa
post 16th September 2016, 05:46 PM
Post #57
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Eight Letters, Hold Up A Light, Reach Out, Holding Back the Tears and possibly Julie. It would ideally be one of these i would like to become a hit or my ultimate dream Lie to Me.

+Quote this post
jay727
post 16th September 2016, 09:28 PM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Could you imagine! B sides and Gary solo songs, if only!

I hope the boys turn up as guest judges too from time to time.

In terms of the David Walliams factor, I hope Graham Norton can provide a bit of that charm!

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 17th September 2016, 09:21 PM
Post #59
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

If there was any Take That related song in any way that i would love to see become a hit is Lie To Me by Gary. I have always loved this song, its an absolute gem that very few people know it exists, i also love yesterdays girl from 12 months 11 days but Lie To Me deserves to be a hit and it really should have been the lead single from that album.

+Quote this post
jay727
post 19th September 2016, 06:06 PM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Rumour is that the show will be broken up into 3 stages, with a new judge sitting next to Gary, Danni and Martin for each stage. The actress from Glee is judge for the first stage. Interesting and should keep things fresh

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 12:18 AM