BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> When did you first discover Calvin's music?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
lewistgreen
post Sep 21 2019, 12:59 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585
Calvin has been on the music scene properly for around 13 years now, starting with remixes and producing before moving his way into the proper mainstream in 2007.

When did you first hear his music? Are your thoughts/feelings about his music the same now as they were then?

I've personally followed along since Acceptable in the 80s dropped in 2007 and I've been hooked since. He certainly knows how to switch things up with his productions and he doesn't have just one unique sound which I love from him. I must say, I didn't feel his urban switch up in 2017 at all so I'm glad he's continued with the EDM sound.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
danG
post Sep 21 2019, 01:13 PM
Post #2
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
I would've first come across 'Acceptable In The 80s' from music video channel surfing (saw it quite a few times even being in Australia where the song was a huge... #97 smash hit) and fair to say it had quite a standout vid not to mention it's a great song too.
It was only during the 18 Months era I'd become a proper big fan though.

+Quote this post
Frenchie
post Sep 21 2019, 02:31 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 72,030
I was quite late to his stuff as I didn’t really get into music till around 2015 so didn’t specifically listen to any of his early stuff when it came out, however I definitely have some memories of ’18 Months’ and ‘Motion’ singles being on the radio.

I distinctly remember when ‘How Deep Is Your Love’ came out and loving it a lot and then ’This Is What You Came For’ was released on my 18th birthday which was pretty cool. So that’s around the time I became a proper fan, and I’ve loved everything he has done since and also his previous albums now I’ve gone back to listen to them.

+Quote this post
Jade
post Sep 21 2019, 02:39 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
'Acceptable In The 80s' is the first I ever heard of Calvin too and it's still my favourite of his to date, great first impression wub.gif

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post Sep 21 2019, 04:07 PM
Post #5
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421
I think around 2009 when he was releasing I'm Not Alone, also he had Dance Wiv Me out that year too. I'm sure I'd heard The Girls and Acceptable In The 80's before that but didn't know who they were by!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:38 AM