BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
15 Pages V  « < 13 14 15  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> bjsc 117 / results / △△△
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Klumzee
post 14th September 2019, 10:48 AM
Post #281
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421
Very pleasantly shocked at how Only Fire did in the end after leaving the results last night and Klum Rep were 33rd! Think 13th is my second best finish of this year behind Saturn laugh.gif Thanks to the fans who helped it get back up there in the end - knew I could rely on a Beaver 18 wub.gif

Also major lol at Flynnonda having 31 votes and me only 19 votes but being next to each other!

Congrats to Jade on a winner finally - will have to listen to that song again as it didn't sound like a contender at all to me but it was decent! Makes up for all the near misses you've had over the years.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 14th September 2019, 12:43 PM
Post #282
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
Massive yikes at how poorly I did with Bree Runway, my next entry is more pop so hopefully that helps!

Well done to Jade, was close to getting points from me! Really good to see SICK do so well, such a good little pop song!

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 14th September 2019, 02:59 PM
Post #283
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403
just wanna go out there and say Espen's entry this month is by FAR and away my favourite thing sent to BJSC this year. and poor Vulkyria!

+Quote this post
AH Gold
post 14th September 2019, 06:12 PM
Post #284
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,410
Well done Jade! Very much deserved heart.gif

24th is a great result for me (was expecting bottom 5) so thanks to all who voted. Only gripe is Rolloland deserved so much better! Top 10 at the very least!

Great hosting Leww heart.gif

This post has been edited by AH Gold: 14th September 2019, 06:14 PM

+Quote this post
Brer
post 14th September 2019, 07:31 PM
Post #285
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300
[/late] fixed a small error in the text version of the final results (it was correct already in the spreadsheet), Summericia and Singerpurear's names got swapped around so they should be 31st and 32nd respectively x

Finally taking a proper look at the rest of the results beyond the winner magic.gif TARO Bellamia being within 4 points of winning is such a huge shock to me, I'm sure my odds usually do have outliers in them but it's wild that a song I gave 75/1 odds to win (i.e. essentially no chance, I thought it was a top 20 contender at best) could so easily have actually done it if just one person gave it a few extra points - the plug.dj stats rarely get posted on here any more as they increasingly bear little resemblance to the actual results and this is maybe the best example of that yet, it went down pretty much universally badly on there!! The song isn't my thing at all but massive congrats Joseph, who'd have foreseen the success of this TARO comeback *_* also glad to see Altyr finally getting a big hit again as it has been way too long (a full year since their last top 10, coincidentally also by CXLOE) and this was a good entry from them, I thought it sounded like something that would have easily won back in the day and could still have a chance even now and that's shown by how close it was as well (another contest that's crazily close pretty much across the board).

I didn't vote for many of the songs near the top of the scoreboard but fabulous to see Thelonia getting a second top 5 in a row, East Rukahavian matching their peak (though this should really have been a first top 5 minimum) and Lotunia sneaking another top 10 <3 Oslol smashing yet again, could actually be a real contender for snatching the EOY #1 from Aeroche if they keep this up (especially after the absolute shafting Boy Harsher ended up getting, glad they at least picked up from when they were floundering at the bottom of the list earlier on but WTF at only coming 21st even so sad.gif) Also cool to see Břtanikkä getting a top 10 with a 90s dance pick although this wasn't my fave one they've sent. Brechtoria's deduction dropping them from 9th to 33rd tho drama.gif I ended up really liking their song so their sudden disappearance from the face of the Earth is a real shame, hope they will be back again for BJSC 119... also congrats to Holland-Oats on a new peak (although annoyingly short of top 10 x), a song that pretty much totally went over my head but was starting to finally grow on me a little bit when I did my final listenthrough. And Only Fire actually coming as high as 13th *_* mildly regretting not throwing it one point for the lolz to get it to 200 now x

Decent results from Flynnonda, Fljótavík, Aelandor, Espen (although another big drop from winning a semi!) and Utopia. Hendinia I initially thought was a real contender, my hopes for it faded a little but even so 18th feels far too low, Hendinia overdue a big return to success a la Altyr x also wish that Dobago (once again, although glad they also picked up from being near last), Séyetana and especially Buzzjack Mountain had done a bit better.

Thanks Leww for being a star with the bailout hosting once again, here's hoping you actually get a decent rest from having to host this all the time now xx

Still a little salty that my entry hit the absolute mother of all points droughts and fell from being in the top 3 pretty decently far into the reveal to being very nearly in the bottom 3 laugh.gif but a qualifier is a qualifier (and I got one each of the medal positions in the votes, hooray), I think this will probably end up being my least favourite of my own entries this year anyway so I wasn't hugely invested in it, cannae complain too much. In contrast I think the song I've confirmed for the next contest is quite possibly my favourite of my entries of the year so far so I have much higher hopes for it... although the underperformance of Boy Harsher this month is probably not a good sign for it as it is kind of along the same lines as that oops xx

QUOTE(RabbitFurCoat @ Sep 14 2019, 08:20 AM) *
I saw her at Glastonbury, a set I stumbled on as I'd spent far too long in the sun and needed to shelter watching someone in a tent, she was playing opposite the BBC tent where I wanted to watch Easy Life after, she was excellent - a really good discovery. I do sometimes move songs down if I already know them, must have been a good contest for me to have not voted for a song in my chart at all though!

I'm not usually as efficient with my votes, if I'd have done as normal you might not have had such the disappointment of the fall from 1st, but wouldn't have got there....

A happy coincidence then! It was a song I stumbled across unintentionally as well really (I was looking for songs by Zambian artists for the Worldvision spinoff as opposed to specifically looking for songs for the main contest). And in fairness the song I was talking about that you didn't vote for was 'Glass Heart' by Eagles For Hands which I think was only around the 30s in your chart so not quite as big a favourite for you as this one laugh.gif I'm grateful for the brief moment of misleadingly being in 1st anyway (and you providing my only 18), it was fun while it lasted before the plummet, just happened that nearly all of those who liked my song voted pretty early for whatever reason x

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 14th September 2019, 11:41 PM
Post #286
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
Catching up! Congratulations Jade on your first win! *.*.*.*

And I've finally won another semi, hurrah! I hardly ever come close to winning those! A shame there was a drop off in the final but that's okay really as I would never have expected to finish much higher anyway and I always felt like it was a good semi draw.

Thanks for hosting Lewwww and for stepping in to save us! wub.gif

+Quote this post
Riser
post 15th September 2019, 01:39 AM
Post #287
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534
Would this be the first time that both semi winners missed the top 10 in the final?

+Quote this post
Brer
post 15th September 2019, 03:19 AM
Post #288
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300
QUOTE(Riser @ Sep 15 2019, 02:39 AM) *
Would this be the first time that both semi winners missed the top 10 in the final?

Second time - in BJSC 74 the semi winners came 16th (Hot Chip 'Need You Now') and 21st (Life Of Dillon 'Overload') so similar to this month.

+Quote this post
Travis
post 15th September 2019, 03:20 AM
Post #289
Group icon
hi
User: 22,135
Congrats Jade!!!!!

Thanks to everyone who voted Aesthetica 💕

+Quote this post