BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

24 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Robbie - Publications, interviews in Media/Podcasts etc, Newspapers, Magazines, Podcasts etc
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Laura130262
post Oct 8 2021, 11:40 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,265
Wow - good for Liam - I am surprised though - are fans expecting an Oasis reunion maybe?

I just didn't think he was that big.

He's going for that Rob record happy.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Oct 8 2021, 11:43 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
It's only two years this Christmas since we had new music - it'll be three years next Christmas when he releases the new album - that's not long is it?

Standard I would say?

Edit: and we've had a pandemic in between

I'm not understanding why he needs to rush?

This post has been edited by Laura130262: Oct 8 2021, 11:46 PM

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Oct 8 2021, 11:47 PM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(elisabeth1974 @ Oct 8 2021, 07:25 PM) *
could be Alex and I think he will do Knebworth with the 20 year anniversary, but what do I know. he must have a plan. Do you have an idea how they pay these venues? Sold tickets or a lumpsum?

I don't know Knebworth was so special and iconic - I don't think I want it revisited.

Same reason I didn't want him to revisit swing

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Oct 8 2021, 11:58 PM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(elisabeth1974 @ Oct 8 2021, 06:01 PM) *
. So he always waits until he is not the first anymore and plays save.

-off the top of my head:

first to leave a boy band and become mega solo star
first young pop star to do swing
first to sell out three nights at Knebworth
Gigs performed in the round ten years ago
World cup opening ceremony in Russia
Biopic - well I've only seen two at the moment

I don't think we could ever say he plays it safe.

Just because we don't know what plans he has - doesn't mean there aren't any.

+Quote this post
elisabeth1974
post Oct 9 2021, 07:26 AM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 25,575
Laura you are right but this has dramatically changed. Since maybe Rudebox he lost his guts to try something. You can step away for long if you are till on top which he isn't. If you are not a Robbie fan and not follow Ayda there was only one topic which made the press: The interview with this conspiracy theorist Anna Brees. Liam has the advantage to be rock rather than pop. in pop Ed Sheeran and the youngsters are too strong for Robbie having a place at the top still by staying away from the public. Humans need the feed these days otherwise they change to the next more accessible star. And with his talents I think this is sad.

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Oct 9 2021, 02:50 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,135
QUOTE(Laura130262 @ Oct 9 2021, 12:40 AM) *
Wow - good for Liam - I am surprised though - are fans expecting an Oasis reunion maybe?

I just didn't think he was that big.

He's going for that Rob record happy.gif

Both Liam & Noel have a very strong social media presence ,especially Liam who is a regular poster on twitter so I am not surprised at how well his gig has sold.

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Oct 10 2021, 12:13 AM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(elisabeth1974 @ Oct 9 2021, 08:26 AM) *
Laura you are right but this has dramatically changed. Since maybe Rudebox he lost his guts to try something. You can step away for long if you are till on top which he isn't. If you are not a Robbie fan and not follow Ayda there was only one topic which made the press: The interview with this conspiracy theorist Anna Brees. Liam has the advantage to be rock rather than pop. in pop Ed Sheeran and the youngsters are too strong for Robbie having a place at the top still by staying away from the public. Humans need the feed these days otherwise they change to the next more accessible star. And with his talents I think this is sad.

But you're making it sound like he hasn't released music for ten years elisabeth? Not two.

During the pandemic he was doing those insta videos nearly every day - I barely watched one of them - I'm not a fan for those - it's only since the summer that he has been "quiet" on social media

Since Rudebox - he's released - six albums (if I remember rightly) including Progress plus three UTR's plus the soundtrack to The boy in the dress - I genuinely do not understand fans impatience for new music when he has been so prolific. Almost an album a year.

People moved on after 2010 (in the UK) - first Olly briefly and then Ed Sheeran and Sam Smith arrived - he can't be on top when he's in his late 40s - it's not like that here - he only needs to come out when he wants to sell something - that is how business works and so he will. The way album sales are now he'll be lucky to sell 100K so tours are where the money is...

Far more important to me is the quality of the music he produces once he has an album to sell - and the quality of the promo - I don't want Mr Light Entertainment - I want my popstar - if he's lost fans it's not because he's quiet on social media -it's how he's presenting himself professionally.

+Quote this post
elisabeth1974
post Oct 10 2021, 08:06 AM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
I understand where you are coming from, Laura and sure I agree with the quality of music. But....it is also about success. If you are not successful and I am not speaking Adele success or Ed Sheeran success, I speak the success of a legend like Tom Jones or Elton John he would deserve if you look at the blockbusters of his career and his talent he did a lot of things which went at the end against him: he released swing albums again, great, but at the end this does not work like 2001, he released quite a good Christmas album and destroyed the success single handedly by a Christmas show where he played as if he was young Robbie and he is now middle aged Robbie, he did the coronaoke for the fans he has anyways. The only bit what made the general news during Covid was that him being interested in the conspiracy stuff. At least in Germany that cost him quite some fans. For the general public he has no social media, no widely known activities since Hyde Park nothing to be interested in if it is not the look of the young wild like 15 years ago. This is the problem I see. Either he decides to be a niche singer on his own terms like Sting and comes back in ten years again or he wants to be relevant and competing with the youngsters then he has to adapt to the rules. Not adapting to rules is ok if you are on top. But he is not. And if you want to sell 150,000 tickets then you have to do something for people coming back or stay with 8,000 people venues. This is what hurts me as a fan. I do not want the concert to be cancelled. I do not want to read helene Fischer sells in 24 hours and Rob not in months. Get me right I like him also less successful. If he wants to be relevant tough for the general public I think he lacks strategy and acts not consistent. With the movie coming up he might be in the news next year. But who knows if this will really happen? I think he deserves more then being what he seems to be now.

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Oct 10 2021, 09:26 AM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
To me I see someone who is quite happy trotting along at his own pace & doing his own thing , maybe that is what happens when you have over 100 ml in the bank unsure.gif .

From a personal point of view I would love to see him use social media a bit more , I would love him to talk about what kind of music he is listening to at the moment, what books he reads, what ideas he is thinking about for songs etc, nothing too deep or personal . Liam G uses social media very well, I did not realise until lately that Liam was such a big Pink Floyd

I loved the True Geordie podcast he did last year ( actually it was three years ago, where has the last two years gone unsure.gif ) where he talked about lots of interesting things , I would love to see more of that kind of thing ...

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Oct 10 2021, 11:12 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
With him I think it is all or nothing - he disappears for months and then all of a sudden we have an Insta a day for 30 days. He's always been that way.

I understand what you say elisabeth happy.gif but in a long career I wonder if it's not realistic to expect someone to be on top ALL the time.

If we think of Tom Jones - there were many years when he was in the back ground, not cool, just doing his own thing before he emerged again in the late 90s working with younger singers and had a resurgence. I can remember when George Michael got slated for his appearance at the 2012 Olympics. I agree Rob will have to work at the next few years when in previous times he made it look all too easy but I genuinely think he has that in him. He's too creative to be finished. It's the ability to keep reinventing that's the key and I think he can and does.

I don't share other fans worries about ticket sales - maybe I'm just naive - I've wondered every tour since 2009 whether he would fill stadiums but he still does - there's only a handful of artists round the world that can do that and he is one of them.

He does things his way - I agree he mustn't take his fans for granted but also I feel i need to give him credit for his 30 year career and that he knows what he's doing.

Just please Rob - no feather boas and sparkly jackets.

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Oct 11 2021, 09:46 AM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Maybe he does what he does the way that he does it because of his mental health issues unsure.gif , it's not something he talks about that often nowadays . His management are also old school but he seems to trust them completely & knows they have his best interest at heart

Yes, I agree , no feather boas, sparkly jackets are in the mix I fear if that diabolical jacket & shirt he is wearing in the ad for the Munich gig is any indication of future attire & please no Pete, I like the man but Robbie is going down the wrong road bringing him along nocheer.gif

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Oct 11 2021, 11:34 PM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Oct 11 2021, 10:46 AM) *
Maybe he does what he does the way that he does it because of his mental health issues unsure.gif , it's not something he talks about that often nowadays . His management are also old school but he seems to trust them completely & knows they have his best interest at heart
Yes, I agree , no feather boas, sparkly jackets are in the mix I fear if that diabolical jacket & shirt he is wearing in the ad for the Munich gig is any indication of future attire & please no Pete, I like the man but Robbie is going down the wrong road bringing him along nocheer.gif

Yes - I noticed the suit unsure.gif

+Quote this post
elisabeth1974
post Oct 12 2021, 05:31 AM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
could not agree more, Syd.

+Quote this post
Better Man
post Oct 12 2021, 07:58 PM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 12,584
Agree with you all.

By the way, I like the fact he is not around Ayda last weeks.
It's a sign for me he's working on something but what's this...

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Oct 15 2021, 06:51 AM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Better Man @ Oct 12 2021, 08:58 PM) *
Agree with you all.

By the way, I like the fact he is not around Ayda last weeks.
It's a sign for me he's working on something but what's this...

Let's hope so unsure.gif

+Quote this post
elisabeth1974
post Oct 15 2021, 09:58 AM
Post #56
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
What do you think about Adele's new song? I wonder how many songs you can make of break up :-). If you are on the height of your imperial phase if you serve what fans made fans of you it is an immediate success I guess

+Quote this post
Better Man
post Oct 15 2021, 01:04 PM
Post #57
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 12,584
This song sounds like almost all her songs in the past smile.gif
I prefer Pink's way

This post has been edited by Better Man: Oct 15 2021, 04:30 PM

+Quote this post
elisabeth1974
post Oct 15 2021, 02:22 PM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
me either, Alex

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Oct 15 2021, 06:55 PM
Post #59
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
The very first time I heard Adele sing was when she released Chasing Pavements which was at the very beginning of her career, I think it's one of her better songs, I always liked it. Her new song is ok , it will probably do well on the radio .

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Oct 16 2021, 12:08 AM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I LOVE chasing pavements - such a beautiful song.

I haven't heard her new song yet but I appreciate that she hasn't lost her English accent after being in LA cool.gif

+Quote this post

24 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:44 AM