BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

54 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> UNICEF Soccer Aid, Robbie & Johny Wilkes' Soccer Aid
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Susie
post 8th April 2006, 09:07 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 405

LOL Hulio if its a choice between you streaking and Robbie losing his shorts..it would be a double whammy and would probably stop the game. ohmy.gif so I won't tell you who I will fix my peepers on. biggrin.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
hulio
post 9th April 2006, 10:31 AM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 397

LOL! Oh believe me Susie, there'd be no competition between the 2! I'm praying that he has a shorts incident!! LOL! Definitely getting my camera zoom ready in case! wink.gif laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Susie
post 24th April 2006, 08:00 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 405

Well according to The Star today, Dubai may have a lot to answer for..they report that Robbie fell down some stairs and has injured his groin and may not be fit to actually play in the event, which he will be gutted about.

I know in his blog he talked about this kind of injury before, so its either a throw back to that, or he has aggrevated it again.

I am not spitting chips yet.. sad.gif

+Quote this post
hulio
post 24th April 2006, 08:01 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo ohmy.gif cry.gif
Susie, please tell me its not true!!! unsure.gif

+Quote this post
Jupiter9
post 24th April 2006, 08:04 PM
Post #25
Group icon
The Last of the Rock Stars
User: 368

Uh-oh! ohmy.gif
This is not good. sad.gif

+Quote this post
hulio
post 24th April 2006, 08:05 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber

I think you've just made the understatement of the year jupiter!!!! unsure.gif

+Quote this post
Jupiter9
post 24th April 2006, 08:09 PM
Post #27
Group icon

It is a catastrophic cataclysmic disaster of biblical proportions. cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif

Is that ok Hulio? unsure.gif

+Quote this post
hulio
post 24th April 2006, 08:10 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber

Getting warmer jupiter! Thanks! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
RockDJ
post 24th April 2006, 10:50 PM
Post #29
Group icon
Must have me confused with someone who gives a sh*t!
User: 401

It's all that jupiter said with a few Category A swear words thrown in!

But I have to show some sympathy cos I fell down the stairs at the weekend too LOL! cry.gif

Robbie doubtful for Soccer Aid
11.45AM, Mon Apr 24 2006

Footie-mad Robbie Williams is in danger of limping out of this summer's Soccer Aid.

The former Take That singer is said to have strained his groin falling down a flight of stairs after a gig in Dubai.

Robbie had been set to captain his team for the charity tournament.

He will still be hoping for a speed recovery, and is having acupuncture to try to heal the injury.

Williams, 32, is well-known for his love of soccer, having recently become a shareholder in Port Vale.

One person who probably won't be wishing our Robbo well is marathon-running superchef Gordon Ramsay who is captaining the rival team.

from itv.com

+Quote this post
RockDJ
post 24th April 2006, 10:52 PM
Post #30
Group icon

and from the Sun online

HEARTLESS touts are flogging tickets to see a televised celebrity football showdown — meaning a children’s charity loses out on funds.

The Soccer Aid tickets are being sold for more than £100 on auction website eBay.

Fans are snapping them up at the inflated prices instead of using the official phoneline which raises cash for Unicef.

An insider at ITV, which is screening the match, said: “It’s ridiculous because there are still tickets available through the proper channels which are just £15 for adults and £5 for children.

“We made eBay aware of it but apparently it’s not illegal.”

Robbie Williams, who is having acupuncture for a groin injury, will captain an England team against Gordon Ramsay’s Rest of the World XI at Old Trafford on May 27. Call 0870 442 1999 for tickets.

FOUR new signings for Soccer Aid can be revealed by TV Biz today — and they’ll ALL play in goal.

Former Arsenal and England keeper David Seaman and telly host Jamie Theakston will take turns between the sticks for Robbie’s team.

Ex-Man United goalie, Dane Peter Schmeichel will play for the Rest of the World with Irish TV star Patrick Kielty.

An insider said: “Patrick and Jamie are very brave. They’re up against the likes of Maradona and Gazza.”

+Quote this post
LazyLady
post 25th April 2006, 12:51 AM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 378

I would have though Ebay would have stopped these tickets being sold on their site. Especially as it is for charity. The did for Live 8

Don't know what to do now. cry.gif if Robbie does not play, I am not sure if I want to go.

+Quote this post
Jupiter9
post 25th April 2006, 05:32 PM
Post #32
Group icon

Maybe he'll provide the Half Time Entertainment if he doesn't play? thumbup.gif

He always seems to be injuring that groin doesn't he? Maybe it gets overused.... wink.gif

+Quote this post
Jupiter9
post 25th April 2006, 06:29 PM
Post #33
Group icon

Another similar report, this time from EntertainmentWise.com

Robbie Williams Injures His Groin
Just weeks before Soccer Aid...

By: Lowri Williams on 4/24/2006

Pop star Robbie Williams has injured his groin just weeks before he is due to play in the Soccer Aid tournament.

Robbie was reportedly left severely hurt cry.gif after he fell down a flight of stairs after performing at the Nad Al Sheba stadium in Dubai.

A source said to the Star of the injury: “The area is very tender blink.gif but he’s having acupuncture as he’ll be gutted if he has to miss it.”

Robbie is scheduled to be playing against Gordon Ramsey’s team that is made up of among other Maradona, Gianfranco Zola and Marcel Desailly. (Weren't they all real footballers? huh.gif )

The ex Take Thatter is hoping that his team of Jude Law, Orlando Bloom and Shayne Ward can kick some ass. (Oh Lordy, panic over. Look who Robbie's got.... rolleyes.gif )

This post has been edited by jupiter9: 25th April 2006, 06:30 PM

+Quote this post
Mrs. Macphisto
post 25th April 2006, 07:44 PM
Post #34
Group icon
Back in the residence...
User: 387

QUOTE(jupiter9 @ Apr 25 2006, 07:38 PM) *

He always seems to be injuring that groin doesn't he? Maybe it gets overused.... wink.gif

Do you think he knows that I'm a nurse rolleyes.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

+Quote this post
hulio
post 25th April 2006, 09:18 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber

Its all very worrying, but I have a feeling it'll take more than this to keep him from playing.

I was wondering earlier if Robbie needs me to go rub the sore area for him...I'm willing and able!! biggrin.gif

I'm liking the team more and more tho, there's some players there who are very pleasant on the eye, shall we say!
And yes, there are some ex-pro players jupiter9, both teams are a mix of ex-pro and celebs.

Hope u recover soon from your nasty decorating incident RockDJ heart.gif I'm sorry tho, I will not be offering you the massage services, my busy hands are for Robbies injury only!!! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
RockDJ
post 25th April 2006, 09:23 PM
Post #36
Group icon

Thanks hulio! Actually it's not massage I need - I've decided I need a nice young man to walk up and down my spine and manipulate it! cry.gif I'm sure Robbie and I should be recovering together - it could be quite therapeutic!

+Quote this post
Jupiter9
post 25th April 2006, 09:25 PM
Post #37
Group icon

I agree Jude and Orlando are very pleasing on the eye but they're wimpy weeds. A gust of wind will topple them... tongue.gif
Who does RW have in his team that is butch n manly and able to take the feet from Big Gordon Ramsay (who was also a Professional Footballer before he became a Chef btw ohmy.gif )?

Is David Beckham playing in Robbie's Team (guess not with the world cup coming up sleep.gif )?

Not that I care as I'll be supporting the 'Rest of the World' Team anyway. Just don't want to see Rob and his 'Pretty Boys United' get hurt cry.gif

+Quote this post
hulio
post 25th April 2006, 09:25 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber

It cracks me up how u seem to feel that u both now have this special bond!!! LOL!
I was telling my Mum earlier and we were cracking up!! wink.gif

+Quote this post
RockDJ
post 25th April 2006, 09:28 PM
Post #39
Group icon

Thanks! I know how highly your Mum already thinks of me! She'll be offering to come up here and babysit next so that I can go out and get a life LOL!

+Quote this post
hulio
post 25th April 2006, 09:38 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber

It would be lovely if DB was playing jupiter, but I think that might be a cheeky move as he's a current world class player!! I am well aware of Gordons footballing history, but hopefully the injury that retired him will play up!!!

Mwa-hahahahaaa

+Quote this post

54 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 04:06 AM