BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Pink - Cancelled Singles, UPDATED WITH NEW INFO!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Nina West
post Sep 19 2020, 02:30 AM
Post #1
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

Split Personality (Can't Take Me Home)

P!nk said that the song Split Personality from her first album was supposed to be released. She wanted to release it because it was her favorite, but the reason for the cancelation is unclear..

18 Wheeler (Missundaztood)

The 4th release from ‘M!ssundaztood’, ‘Family Portrait’ wasn’t supposed to be released. P!nk said she wanted to release it as the 2nd or 3rd single from the album yet her mother wouldn’t let her. So then when it came to choosing the 4th single, her recording company advised her to release ’18 Wheeler’, however P!nk said she wanted to release ‘Family Portrait’ and did what she wanted.

Eventually (Missundaztood)

‘Eventually’ was planned to be released as the final single from Missundaztood in April 2003, but it hasn’t happened. In 2003, P!nk was already working on her third studio album. Later, on the 20th of June in 2003 she released the song ‘Feel Good Time’ from the soundtrack of the movie ‘Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle’.]

Catch Me While I'm Sleeping (Try This)

Catch Me While I’m Sleeping was supposed to be released as a single, later the idea of releasing it as a singe was scrapped, but it was released as a promotional single in the United States.

Oh My God (ft Peaches) (Try This)

P!nk was thinking about releasing Oh My God as a single but the record label wasn’t happy. Supposedly it wasn’t released because that song is too sexist.

Unwind (Try This)

P!nk really loves her song called Unwind, she wanted to release it but the record label didn’t want it, because Unwind is not mainstream enough.

Cuz I Can (I'm Not Dead)

Briefly considered at one point to be the album's lead single, but got scrapped when it was one of the 5 tracks that leaked in July 2005. It was again considered to be the album's 7th single for the Australian market, but was used as a promo only.

Long Way To Happy (I'm Not Dead)

P!nk and her team were thinking about releasing Long Way To Happy as a single but it hasn’t happened.

Walk Of Shame (The Truth About Love)

Walk Of Shame was actually not canceled, it was released as a single, but its music video was scrapped. The music video of Walk Of Shame was planned to be recorded in a hotel in Las Vegas. P!nk and her team found it too expensive to rent a whole hotel to record a music video, so it was scrapped, but it was released as a single.

Here Comes The Weekend (ft Eminem) (The Truth About Love)

P!nk planned to release Here Comes The Weekend as the first single of her 6th album called The Truth About Love. As she said, she wanted Here Comes The Weekend as the first single until she wrote Blow Me (One Last Kiss). She found it better to release Blow Me instead of Here Comes The Weekend.

Revenge (ft Eminem) (Beautiful Trauma)

P!nk recorded its music video in 2017, but she decided not to release it because she didn’t like it. It was full of violence. Around that time there were many school shootings and the music video of Revenge had shooting and murdering scenes. It would have been a scandal if she would have released it. Instead the title track got released as the 2nd single instead. The music video of Revenge was leaked in 2019.

You Get My Love (Beautiful Trauma)

In 2017 she revealed in an interview that You Get My Love is going to be her new single from Beautiful Trauma. The cancelation is unclear, she has never revealed the reason for its cancelation.

Happy (Hurts 2B Human)

When the album Hurts 2B Human was released, some copies had a sticker saying Happy is one of the lead singles. The cancelation is unclear, P!nk has never announced that she’s going to make a music video for it, it was only the album sticker, it means she was planning to do it. At the same time, she hasn’t announced the cancelation.

This post has been edited by Nina West: Mar 17 2021, 01:02 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Sep 19 2020, 02:37 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Spotify Playlist:

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Sep 20 2020, 03:33 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
Revenge aside, I had no idea any of these were planned singles.

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post Oct 13 2020, 02:42 AM
Post #4
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454
You Get My Love is a favorite of mine, so that cancellation hurts.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Oct 13 2020, 12:43 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
Happy would’ve made a great single choice for Hurts 2B Human. As would Courage.

There were definite stronger choices on every album for singles choices than the ones she cancelled on that list so I can kinda see why they all didn’t make the final cut.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Mar 17 2021, 01:03 AM
Post #6
Group icon
Updated with new info

+Quote this post
One_For_Sorrow
post May 30 2021, 11:00 PM
Post #7
Group icon
---
User: 17,418
So many great songs here. It’s a shame some of these weren’t singles but saying that some of the era were pretty long, in Australia anyway.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post May 31 2021, 02:46 AM
Post #8
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045
I thought Revenge was a single? Australian radio ate it up anyway laugh.gif

+Quote this post
One_For_Sorrow
post May 31 2021, 03:20 AM
Post #9
Group icon
---
User: 17,418
QUOTE(Dexton @ May 31 2021, 02:46 AM) *
I thought Revenge was a single? Australian radio ate it up anyway laugh.gif

I’m sure Australia radio also played Cuz I Can a few times. I’m more sure I heard Long Way To Happy played but I distinctively remember that was in between Stupid Girls and Who Knew. So maybe they thought it was the second single.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:46 AM