BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Pokemon Sun and Moon, out now everywhere
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Ninjabait
post Jun 2 2016, 07:06 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 22,088
Sooo....the moon legendary is 4x weak to Dark and the sun legendary is weak to Fire. Okay.

Also, Rotom Pokedex is a really cool idea! Does this mean you may start out with a Rotom in addition to your starter? Because, if so, that would be literally the coolest thing.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jun 3 2016, 12:52 AM
Post #42
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
QUOTE(Ninjabait @ Jun 2 2016, 08:06 PM) *
Sooo....the moon legendary is 4x weak to Dark and the sun legendary is weak to Fire. Okay.

Also, Rotom Pokedex is a really cool idea! Does this mean you may start out with a Rotom in addition to your starter? Because, if so, that would be literally the coolest thing.

Omg I didn't think of that myself rotf.gif I like Psychic/steel as a typing but it seems silly that it is weak to fire. I did think that Lunaala would be ghost, it just has that look, but it should be ghost/dark really. Psychic just seems to be the default legendary type laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Atonement
post Jun 3 2016, 12:13 PM
Post #43
Group icon
I just had to see your face to feel alive
User: 10,676
omg that seal is so FUGLY. And water Pokémon are usually my fav sad.gif

+Quote this post
RosaParksMyCar
post Jun 3 2016, 03:45 PM
Post #44
Group icon
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
User: 16,548
Rowlett has such a shit typing.

GOWLETT MORE LIKE

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Jun 3 2016, 04:43 PM
Post #45
Group icon
User: 13,007
QUOTE(Atonement @ Jun 3 2016, 01:13 PM) *
omg that seal is so FUGLY. And water Pokémon are usually my fav sad.gif

Noo sad.gif he's adorable! I always love the water types most and this is no different. I am very biased though.

+Quote this post
Atonement
post Jun 6 2016, 02:52 PM
Post #46
Group icon
I just had to see your face to feel alive
User: 10,676
QUOTE(HausofKubrick @ Jun 3 2016, 06:43 PM) *
Noo sad.gif he's adorable! I always love the water types most and this is no different. I am very biased though.

Whyy? do you have a pet seal ohmy.gif?

This post has been edited by Atonement: Jun 6 2016, 03:02 PM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jun 9 2016, 08:01 AM
Post #47
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
There's speculation that the diamonds that can be seen circled in the Japanese logos is referencing a new type of evoltuion, perhaps similar to Ash-Greninja in the anime. This is further teased because in the recent trailer where we find out the professor, rival character, legendaries etc., the character has the same diamond on a bracelet on their wrist (presumably similar to the Mega Evolution items from Gen 6).

Is it just me who doesn't give a shit about megas? laugh.gif And I'm really not sure I like this proposed "fusion" evolution, apparently it's in the Manga as "burst" evoltuion where trainers fuse with their Pokemon. I mean I use megas and I'll probably use this thing too but I'd just much rather they focused on "normal" evolutions, I miss the Gen IV days when we got amazing evolutions like Roserade, Togekiss, Froslass, Tangrowth etc... Mega Evolution just kind of gives people who cba to strategise and train properly an annoyingly high chance competitively and I think it contributes to making the game easier too, but I guess I could just not use it for the latter and it's a silly complaint laugh.gif Also will this replace megas, add to them? I can just imagine "noobs" (for want of a better word) with a Primal, Mega and a burst/fusion if it's allowed! I don't do the meta game myself (I'd love to try but I can' be bothered with breeding, IV training, any of that) but I watch a lot of Youtubers who do.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Jun 18 2016, 04:39 PM
Post #48
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
Does anyone here feel like helping me evolve my Phantrump? Also, how do you even add friends on ORAS laugh.gif

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Jun 18 2016, 04:42 PM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585
It's been a few years since I've indulged in playing any kind of Pokemon game, but seeing this thread and the hype surrounding Sun and Moon, I feel like I need to get back involved and get myself a 3DS! *.*

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jul 9 2016, 12:33 AM
Post #50
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Finally a Poison/Fire type ohmy.gif I've wanted one since there was a really cool Fakemon in the rom hack Pokemon Quartz! Its ability Corrosive seems kinda OP though - it can poison any type. It seems a bit weird that it can poison poison types but I understand undoing the steel immunity due to metals corroding. It's not very powerful according to the pokedex so I think if it doesn't evolve that won't matter, it may just be a vaguely gimmicky Pokemon which is there to say they've done that type combo laugh.gif

There are also 7 others who've been revealed recently:

I LOVE Vikavolt! Cutiefly (minus the name) is good too, very cute and could be very good when/if it evolves.

We also have Komala, Rockruff and Grubbin released before this! Komala is adorable (finally a koala pokemon!) but it's definitely a gimmick laugh.gif Although maybe it has good stats like Hawlucha so it's solid enough to use anyway.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Jul 9 2016, 12:45 AM
Post #51
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
Sure the ability for Salandit seems a bit much but considering the abundance of Ground-type Pokemon I don't think it will be a problem (especially considering Magnitude/Earthquake exist)

I loved Galvantula but Vikavolt might actually give it a run for its money!

(I hope to GOD that Togedemaru means there's another evolution branch for Togepi, it's getting harder just settling for a Togekiss ~)

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jul 9 2016, 04:20 AM
Post #52
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Yeah that's true, Earthquake is somewhat overused laugh.gif It'll also take double Spikes damage but you never see Spikes so much, more Stealth Rock because they hit all types whereas obviously Levitate/flying type means you can't get hit by Spikes.

Also Togedemaru is clearly the Pikachu clone of this generation and they never evolve tongue.gif I think I remember that toge is japanese for spike or something, because of Togepi's shell and Togedemaru's hegdehog spikes. They often have some sort of difference to do with the generation's new features too (like Pichu is a baby Pokemon for breeding, Plusle/Minun are a duo for double battles, Dedenne is part fairy because of the new type, although I can't think of what's special about Emolga or Pachirisu relating to their generation), idk what this one would be. Maybe it can be bulkier for more competitive viability which might tie into the new Battle Royale thing? Idk laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Jul 9 2016, 02:50 PM
Post #53
Group icon
(Pichu evolves into Pikachu so that doesn't really count tongue.gif)

Emolga was Electric/Flying and before that only existed on Zapdos (and that fan Rotom thing) so I guess that's where the "Pikachu clone with an added edge" comes in, idk about Pachirisu

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jul 13 2016, 07:43 AM
Post #54
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Fairly big news from the latest Japanese trailer - the diamond things in the Japanese logo (akin to the mega evolution symbols in the X and Y logos) are apparently for some sort of synchronisation thing with your pokemon. It thankfully doesn't seem to be like AshGreninja in the anime (I hate that plot) but it seems that you get a special powered up attack from it?

Also this is an actual Pokemon :')

Its concept is pretty cool - it is basically some sort of evil ghost thing possessing a cloth to disguise itself as another Pokemon. If you try and take it off it afflicts you with a curse. I'm guessing it's ability might be similar to Zoroark's Illusion, or perhaps there are different forms of it depending on the route you catch it on that are disguises of a few different pokemon? It's Ghost/Fairy too which is another unique typing. I think this could be an unexpectedly useful Pokemon like Klefki or maybe it evolves into something even cooler.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Jul 20 2016, 06:38 AM
Post #55
Group icon
We got more! (Plus actual footage of Mimikyu from Liam's post)

Comfey is so stereotypically Hawaii lol

I like the new ability for Mudsdale. Maybe it can end up being used as a Hidden Ability for some other Pokemon? (Rapidash, Stantler, Tauros, Sawsbuck, Bouffalant & Gogoat are some that can possibly benefit)

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jul 21 2016, 11:02 AM
Post #56
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Some of these abilities are a bit OP, but it depends if they're exclusive laugh.gif Imagine Triage on a Blissey ohmy.gif Maybe Mudsdale doesn't have great defence to start with and the ability is justified, a lot of the pokemon above mentioned in relation to Stamina could kinda do with the boost. I like that they're bringing in good creative new abilities, a lot of Gen 6's were situational or just generally kinda crap laugh.gif

I like these new pokemon though! I'm 100% using Mimikyu on my team, maybe Comfey if it evolves. I just love Mimikyu's concept, typing and ability so much,

+Quote this post
Oliver
post Jul 21 2016, 11:04 AM
Post #57
Group icon
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
User: 15,367
Yeah Mimikyu is definitely on my team. Being a dual type helps as I always try to have as many types as possible. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jul 21 2016, 11:10 AM
Post #58
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Also Poketubers are theorising megas aren't in this game *.* I would bloody love that because megas are shite but I just can't see it laugh.gif I don't have a problem with them as a concept, it's just they're making the wrong Pokemon OP and Game Freak are neglecting actual evolutions in favour of joining Salamence's wings, finally making Charizard Dragon type or generally just making really pointless megas like f***ING AUDINO.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Jul 21 2016, 12:57 PM
Post #59
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
Bewear *.* WANT. All the ne wpokemon this gen look great actually.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post Jul 21 2016, 06:00 PM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030
So excited for these games, love quite a few of the new pokémon and am so happy hyper training is a thing. No need to worry about the IVs for a shiny as you can just increase them via that. *_*

+Quote this post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:01 AM