BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Take That & Tory Party Thread
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Padamic Tension
post Apr 19 2010, 06:44 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Members
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

Barlow: 'Robbie return is inevitable'
Monday, April 19 2010, 12:24 BST

By Robert Copsey

Rex Features
Gary Barlow has admitted that it is "inevitable" that Robbie Williams will perform with Take That again.

The band's frontman made the comment during an appearance with Tory leader David Cameron at a secondary school in Cheshire.

Asked if he would work with Williams again, the Daily Record quotes him as saying: "We'll see. I think it's inevitable one day we'll get back together."

Barlow was launching a singing competition for pupils at the school called 'School Stars'.

Williams left Take That in 1995 but speculation has been rife that he will eventually return to the band.

This post has been edited by Norma_Snockers: May 4 2010, 10:19 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kath
post Apr 19 2010, 07:06 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 2,980
   No Gallery Pics

Personally Pete - I don't care either way. And ... I'm pretty disgusted with Gary Barlow after all his Cameron brown-nosing. I'm assuming that Cameron has promised Gary a Knighthood if he helps the Tories with their campaign. I can't bear to listen to their music now ... to me - I can only envisage Tory anthems. I'm not so blind as to believe that Barlow voted anything but Conservative (being from Frodsham ... I doubt he's ever voted anything else) but I had hoped he'd have the good sense to abstain from going on the campaign trail for them! He should realise that a lot of his fans cannot afford the luxury of voting Tory. I expect also that he's looking forward to seeing his name a few notches higher on the Times Rich List once the Tories do get in.

I wonder if he asked the others for permission to play Take That songs on a Tory rallying-call ... or maybe he didn't have to ... because he still writes them all.

I doubt I'll ever spend money on Take That again as long as Gary Barlow fronts them.

Also ... Barlow puts himself in fine company. I can just see him at dinner-parties, alongside good-old Tory stalwarts - Jim Davidson, Paul Daniels, Michael Caine and Cilla Black! He can be a performing minstrel for them too! W*nker!

Norma

This post has been edited by Norma_Snockers: Apr 19 2010, 07:17 PM

+Quote Post
Kath
post Apr 19 2010, 08:03 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Pete - I accidentally deleted your post! I thought I was quoting you but then when I saw my answer - I'd actually edited yours! I wanted to reply afresh ... but in doing so I wiped out yours too!

Anyway ... here's my response (to yours - I hope you can get the giste of it) ... and sorry again!

I still rate the songs ... but I can't listen to them anymore (particularly RTW and GD) without visualising Gary Barlow serenading the Camerons with it. Plus ... I find all of his charity work puzzling when he is endorsing a party that is so universally unjust towards the poorer sections of society. I can't separate the man from the politics on this occasion. I find it absurd that Gary Barlow is 'raising money for children in need' one minute and then singing the praises of a party that is committed to taking more money from the poor to stuff the pockets of the rich. I find Barlow a total hypocrite.

Another thing ... doesn't he ask himself why the Tories didn't ask for his 'assistance' in the run-up to the last General Election? I should think the reason is patently obvious ... he wasn't famous then ... they're using him for his fame and he's using them to get even richer.

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Apr 19 2010, 08:15 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Idol
   No Gallery Pics

No worriers about deleting the post, im not into politics in any form or kind as to me they all look after themselves and no one else, so i wouldnt waste my time listening to any single one of them to be honest so the whole gary and politics thing doesnt bother nor interest me. Im happy he does charity work and im extremely happy with the music they have produced since they returned so in regards gary that is my main concern, anything he does outside of music doesnt change my opinion on past music, and the quality of future music is the only factor i will take into account when deciding to ourchase or not.

+Quote Post
Kath
post Apr 19 2010, 08:32 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

When I listened to the songs before (RTW, GD, Shine, etc) I could sing along, visualise memories of the concerts. Now however ... all I see is Gary Barlow sitting at a piano serenading the Camerons. If it was any other party than the Conservatives (or the BNP) it would make no difference whatsoever. I just find him a bit of a hypocrite now though.

And again ... I can't separate the man from the politics.

Besides ... schoolchildren should be being encouraged to be something more constructive than 'pop singers'.

Norma

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Apr 20 2010, 01:35 AM
Post #6
BuzzJack Idol
   No Gallery Pics

I suppose each to their own and we are all different, i understand where you are coming from but in no way would politics change any of my own views on music or celebrities, mind you on saying that i do know a few people who would apart from yourself Norma.

+Quote Post
Kath
post Apr 20 2010, 06:11 AM
Post #7
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

For the record ... this doesn't mean that I only like and admire entertainers who support Labour! There are loads of comedians/musicians/actors etc that I detest who wave the red flag!

Norma

+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 20 2010, 01:09 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 8,265
   No Gallery Pics

Since I am not familiar with your political system, I really can't comment on Mr. Barlow. However, I can say that it irritates me to no end when anybody famous (musicians, actors, etc.) puts their name out there backing politicians or a certain political party. Who cares? It's not like that is going to sway my vote.

As for the "inevitable" working with Robbie again, I wish they would just do it and get it over with.

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Apr 20 2010, 02:20 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Idol
   No Gallery Pics

Ya if the robbie thing is true id prefer them to get on with the stuff and release it and end all speculation.

+Quote Post
bigwiglaf
post Apr 21 2010, 07:16 PM
Post #10
pop goes the world...
Member No.: 1,426
   No Gallery Pics

All this speculation, what good does it do anyone, except knot their knickers??

I, for one, don't rightly care if it happens or not.....if it does, fine, if not, that's fine, too.....just I know it'll put off A LOT of both RW and TT fans who are current, and, even some fans from day 1....

I shall opine no longer here.....since I have enough knotting me knickers as it is without this adding to it.....

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Apr 21 2010, 08:00 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Idol
   No Gallery Pics

I think them working together will indeed put some robbie fans off robbie and some take that off take that, but on saying that i also think the reverse will happen, some take that fans will become robbie fans and some robbie fans will become some take that fans, so on the whole it should level out quite well for both.

+Quote Post
Kath
post Apr 27 2010, 10:30 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

The good thing about Gary 'coming out' as a Tory has one positive point! I no longer give a shiny sh/te if Robbie rejoins or not. Although ... if Rob has any sense ... he'll NOT do it. Guilt by association and all that!!!! Erik Von Daniken ... Chariots of the Gods, etc!

I have wrestled with my conscience on this though. Gary has revealed himself to be a stupid tosspot! Good songwriter ... BAAAD judge of his own importance! And he is every bit as arrogant as everyone told me he was!

Norma

Plus! Come the next tour ... I'm going to be saving myself hundreds of pounds! My husband says I'm daft to not separate the politics from the man ... but I don't care! I'd rather be daft. Labour aren't ideal ... but the Conservatives are poison. I do have friends who vote Conservative (in fact ... friends of many parties apart from the BNP) ... but I don't pay them to be my friends! I will no longer put money into the Conservatives funds via Take That.

I also think this means that I can't be a mod on the TT forum ... so Global Mods/Administrators - please remove me.

This post has been edited by Norma_Snockers: Apr 27 2010, 10:34 PM

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Apr 28 2010, 03:51 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Idol
   No Gallery Pics

Its a shame you are leaving as a mod norma and you will be missed, but on this i agree with your husbands arguement.

+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 29 2010, 08:34 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 8,265
   No Gallery Pics

Sorry about your decision, Norma. I hope you still post here every now and then even if you don't want to be a mod.

+Quote Post
Kath
post Apr 29 2010, 11:00 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Renee @ Apr 29 2010, 09:34 PM) *
Sorry about your decision, Norma. I hope you still post here every now and then even if you don't want to be a mod.

Oh I will do! I'll still comment on new material (if there ever is any more). I feel though as though people have been lied to ... I don't believe for a minute now that all four of them write the songs together. I still think its Gary doing all the writing but they just put 'Take That' on the writing credits. I have my reasons for thinking this ... and it is all to do with Gary playing Take That songs at that 'Conservative' backing event.

Norma

This post has been edited by Norma_Snockers: Apr 29 2010, 11:01 PM

+Quote Post
IrisAlbastru
post Apr 30 2010, 04:32 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 6,760
   No Gallery Pics

Are you sure Norma that the TT songs are not written then by Robbie? He sang a lot of them when he was not in speaking terms with Gary, so i am sure he had not the "Amen" from Gary laugh.gif . Or i suppose they could be written from this band http://www.takethattributeband.com/ or from Fake Take or from Take That 2 .

Really, if someone would bother to hear the solo songs or the songs written from Gary, Mark and Howard alone, and hear them in the musical substance, musical harmonies and orchestration and not who-sings-in-the-most-beautiful-way would also discover which influence has which in TT songs. But for that one must be naturally objective rolleyes.gif . Oh, but i suppose that Mark three albums and the songs he wrote in the past for theater or now for Diana Vickers or for Ben Mills are also actually written by Gary, as well with the songs written by Howard....

As for Gary supporting conservatives, i don't see the problem. You should all be happy to live in a democracy and not in a one-party-dictature. And in democracy someone has the right to support the party he wants, without having to give explanations how much he invests his money he won through his work on it (as long is not an extrem right /left/anarchist party). Conservative party are needed to keep a balance to the liberals, and bad hours has a country where all parties are the same direction. I have always seen Gary as a very conservative spirit,being family, priciples, fashion sense or music style. He comes from a not so poor family and the most of his live he was a millionaire without worries for the tomorrow day, living in expensive villas, going out with likes like Elton John or Cheryl , who are also not so poor laugh.gif . Have you heard in his lyrics only once about big politics thema or something edgy in this direction? So, his world is the world of rich, what a surprize!

My only problem was that Gary went into a school for this political propaganda and i hate when the politician are doing it (after years in school learning about the politics of communist party). And also i think that the kids need something different for the future as a new contest for pop-stars-wannabe-five-minutes-famous.

Such a pity that Take That have the majority of fans woman, who needs to be enchanted with perfect images, bland love lyrics, good looking muscles and here and there a charity. They would have been such a great band if they would have the freedom to be themselves and not the expectation of millions of woman, who believe in what papers writes and that the image from the interviews or autobiographical books is the real one... pirate.gif

I find it quite silly to put expectation for a perfect conduct on pop and film stars. They are not famous for that, they are normal people. You pay for the films and music, not for their lives. They didn't make a contract with those buing the tickets / albums that they will be saints and do whatever the non-famous person expects from them. They are no Gods to look at them for a way in life, someone should use his own brain and learn his kids to use theirs instead of moaning about "bad examples". Bad examples are The Sun or Daily Mail readers who take as a surrogate to their "not-so-important" life the life of the stars, living inside the imaginary lives of the celebrities instead of being happy with the chances they got in live and the possibility to make it better through themselves.

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post May 1 2010, 12:43 AM
Post #17
BuzzJack Idol
   No Gallery Pics

I agree with alot of what you are saying Iris, and as for myself for me take that are about the music as i have always said, im a straight male who doesnt give a flyers fig what they look like, who writes what etc, who is into politics who has affairs, all totally irrelevant to me. I odnt know gary, mark, howard,jason or robbie for that matter and i dont think i ever will. As long as take that continue to relesae fantastic albums and single that i like i will be a fan. I fully expect to hear new material from take that within the next 12 months and i am looking forward to it.

+Quote Post
Kath
post May 1 2010, 10:24 AM
Post #18
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Aphrodite @ May 1 2010, 01:43 AM) *
I agree with alot of what you are saying Iris, and as for myself for me take that are about the music as i have always said, im a straight male who doesnt give a flyers fig what they look like, who writes what etc, who is into politics who has affairs, all totally irrelevant to me. I odnt know gary, mark, howard,jason or robbie for that matter and i dont think i ever will. As long as take that continue to relesae fantastic albums and single that i like i will be a fan. I fully expect to hear new material from take that within the next 12 months and i am looking forward to it.

I've no doubt Gary is hard at work on the next Take That album at this minute ... and it is bound to be good. For music's sake I'm hoping it is more Beautiful World than The Circus ... but it should be worth. I'll listen to some previews first and then put it on my Christmas list.

He has to keep some time set aside for his 'charidee' work though ... he has to keep his aspirations of a Knighthood firmly focused.

Norma

This post has been edited by Norma_Snockers: May 1 2010, 10:25 AM

+Quote Post
Kath
post May 4 2010, 10:17 AM
Post #19
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Interview with Sophie-Ellis Bextor

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8649749.stm

Q: You toured with Take That a couple of years ago. What did you make of Gary Barlow lending his support to David Cameron for the election?

A: Oh my God, I didn't see that! I don't really want to get into politics and pop. All I can say is, it wouldn't have been me standing next to David Cameron.

Norma

This post has been edited by Norma_Snockers: May 4 2010, 10:18 AM

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post May 4 2010, 01:18 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Idol
   No Gallery Pics

another nice positive post to read i see.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:03 AM