BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> One Direction Forum • Announcements
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Calum
post 27th December 2013, 08:42 PM
Post #1
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

Hi everyone! We're gonna be using this thread to post updates and announcements regarding this very forum.

At the moment, Joseph and I are currently discussing many different ways we can try to introduce new members to the forum and Buzzjack itself. Our first step in attempting to do so is by creating our very own Twitter account: https://twitter.com/1DBuzzjack

By having a Twitter account we are aiming to branch out to many One Direction fans and out there, hopefully, are people interested in joining the community. Obviously it's not just as simple as gaining followers on the account and posting links to this forum in our tweets, but we will be working on numerous ways to try and connect with the fans out there and encourage them to join Buzzjack; highlighting its advantages.

If anybody has any other suggestions on ways that we could generate more discussion here or ways that we can try to secure more members (or generally any ways that you believe both Joseph and myself can improve the One Direction forum), then please do post below and we'll take all you have to say into consideration and inform you of any upcoming plans and/or changes.

Joseph & Calum
- 1D Forum Mods
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Silas
post 27th December 2013, 11:18 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Creating a Twitter account for this forum is an inspired move, cracking idea guys!

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 27th December 2013, 11:33 PM
Post #3
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

That's so weird because I was just thinking earlier that the new forums should have their own Twitter accounts to help promote them, stealing my ideas! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 28th December 2013, 10:25 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
User: 590

Good idea with the twitter account, especailly for a band like 1D where most of their fans are big twitter users (and thanks for following both of my accounts heehee.gif )

+Quote this post
Calum
post 21st February 2014, 08:59 PM
Post #5
Group icon
nabad

Tumblr

Myself, Joseph and Jáhq are delighted to announce that the One Direction forum now has its very own Tumblr page! I was originally going to just make a thread where we could store our favourite images and GIFs of the boys, but what better way to store them than to have something like this?

We'd still love for everybody to contribute to the page however, so if there's any GIFs or pictures that are just too fabulous to go unnoticed, then post them and we'll add them! Hopefully this is a good resource for fans to use as well as a means of trying to gain the forum brand new readers and members.

Visit the page here.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 4th April 2014, 08:43 PM
Post #6
Group icon
nabad

Links Base

We've now added a Links Base thread to the forum enabling members to quickly find threads that they're looking for without having to sift through the forum (which can, as I have learned, sometimes be just a tad time consuming). We've added categories for each of the threads so that it's even simpler for you to find the one you're after. So if you wanted to, say, find the Midnight Memories single thread, you'd go to the 'Singles threads' category and find it there alongside all of the other singles!

If there are any other ways that you believe we could improve your browsing or interacting experience in the forum, please do let us know!

+Quote this post
Calum
post 10th August 2014, 03:37 PM
Post #7
Group icon
nabad

It has come to the attention of myself, Josephine and Jáhqueline recently that there are a couple of things we feel we should address re. posting in the One Direction forum. We hope you can all take the time to read this thread and comply with the following guidelines we have decided to set out:

Rates
If you have a brilliant idea for a rate that could be held in this forum, please drop a quick PM to either myself, Joseph or Jáhq. We've noticed there are rates (or rather, ideas for rates) popping up that are more or less a clone of one that has been and gone before. If you are unsure whether a rate you are thinking of starting has been held before, we have a Links Base that includes links to all rates where you can check. And in the event an idea you have hasn't already been put to use, we'll allow you to go ahead and get things under way!

Images
There's a fair amount of images that are posted in this forum that have slipped off the radar (not completely unnoticed) that do not comply with Buzzjack's rules whereby images that include partial or full nudity are disallowed. Obviously, there are some fantastic pictures of the One Direction boys floating around on the internet so don't feel that you cannot include these in your posts at all any more, but there are other ways that you can do so.

Example: If there's a shirtless picture that is just burning a hole in your computer screen and you want to share it with us all, you can post a link: this, this or this.

Thank you x

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 28th August 2014, 03:54 PM
Post #8
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530

We have a new banner! biggrin.gif A great pic of the boys on their Where We Are world tour.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 3rd November 2014, 10:09 PM
Post #9
Group icon

Brand new banner for the FOUR era! cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post 3rd November 2014, 10:09 PM
Post #10
Group icon
nabad

Love it! biggrin.gif

@

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 3rd November 2014, 10:10 PM
Post #11
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955

Fabulous (even if the original material you had to work with is a bit :/ )

+Quote this post
Calum
post 19th December 2014, 11:04 PM
Post #12
Group icon
nabad

Moderators

We're very excited to announce that AdamAloud has now joined the moderating team. Seeing as it's not actually possible to add a fourth mod, Adam will be helping us with a lot of behind-the-scenes work and some very exciting upcoming projects for the forum that we hope to share with you in the very near future, as well as keeping a watchful eye on y'all and continuing to be the great contributor to the forum he has been since it was launched!

If there are any other ways that you believe we could improve your browsing experience in the forum, please do let us know!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 20th December 2014, 01:25 AM
Post #13
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

k

(Well done, Adam! kink.gif )

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 20th December 2014, 09:07 AM
Post #14
Group icon

We'd have 5 mods but that would be taking the biscuit heehee.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 20th December 2014, 06:19 PM
Post #15
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

Take the biscuit, take the whole packet tbh

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 20th December 2014, 06:27 PM
Post #16
Group icon

I'll sack the other three and hire you if you can bring Harry Styles to my bed x

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 24th June 2015, 08:30 PM
Post #17
Group icon

A huge welcome to MAURICE who has joined the 1D mod team! biggrin.gif The forum massively needed shaking up and I must send out a HUGE thank you to Calum, who has been beyond incredible as a 1D mod ever since the forum started out. However, due to real life commitments, Calum's been less active so I figured a new mod was needed. Maurice will be joining Jack and I in working to make this place as active as it used to be, especially with the On the Road Again Tour in full flow!

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 24th June 2015, 08:33 PM
Post #18
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

Congratulations Maurice.

It's always nice to see somebody's hard work within the forum going noticed and I hope you continue to stick around and bring future Directioners to the forum / complete boyband results? kink.gif

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 25th June 2015, 07:01 AM
Post #19
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955

TWO Niall stans on the mod team to finally overthrow the dictatorship of #longhairdontcare cheer.gif

Congrats Maurice biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 25th June 2015, 10:21 AM
Post #20
Group icon

I am still head mod though let's remember xx