BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Spin-Offs survey, fill in as you wish
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
post 22nd January 2009, 09:45 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,513

Would you consider participating in spin-off contests?

Yes.

Would you rather see them run parallel with or in place of regular BJSC contests?

I would ONLY want them running parallel. =/ I'd actually be slightly pissed if they took the place of an actual contest.

If they were to be in place of regular BJSC contests, would you prefer a spin-off to be after XIII, after XIV or later than this?

After XIV.

How often do you feel that spin-off contests should happen?

Once in a while. I can see them being a lot of fun if they're lowkey. Lowkey ftw imo, and then we can have them more ofen and in between the ACTUAL contests.

If you are willing to participate in spin-off contests, can you suggest any interesting themes?

NOT ESC SONGS. That would limit me to a ton of $h!t songs, sorry. =/ I like the male idea. Maybe an 80s / 90s contest? Letter idea could be fun. I actually like a lot of these ideas, just it would be great if these contests weren't HUGE things and such. BJSC is tiring enough in its own right, we don't need big side contests as well.

Any further comments/suggestions?

Only do this if they run parallel / inbetween.

I know people are saying that we sohuld do one spinoff instead of a BJSC but I think that's a terrible idea tbh. =/ I have a bunch of enries I'd like to send to the real thing and the side contests are not even close to as fun or exciting as the actual thing (they're fun but seriously? the best of was so blah for me. I didn't care at all). I think having them parallel, no matter how big, would work just fine and create even more excitement.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Juranamo
post 22nd January 2009, 09:47 PM
Post #42
Group icon
"Everything seems different the second time around."
User: 5,830

Gawd...why are people making such a big deal out of when this is laugh.gif

Like the good ole' RobotKing once said, BJSC is just some 'contest on a computer' laugh.gif

+Quote this post
tombliboo
post 22nd January 2009, 09:49 PM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,110

The fact is that this could never be a 'spin-off' as most people would take part (including myself) even if they weren't too keen on the idea which is why I don't think it could be run parallel.

Would it not make sense to hold it after BJSC 15?

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 22nd January 2009, 09:55 PM
Post #44
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

QUOTE(.j.tbh. @ Jan 22 2009, 09:48 PM) *
Gawd...why are people making such a big deal out of when this is laugh.gif

Like the good ole' RobotKing once said, BJSC is just some 'contest on a computer' laugh.gif

laugh.gif That was supposed to be the slogan tongue.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 22nd January 2009, 10:05 PM
Post #45
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

So many conflicting opinions ohmy.gif I'd be happy with either way but obviously it would not be a popular decision in general to have it impacting on any normal contests so parallel is looking like the most sensible choice, I just don't think it could ever be as low key as some would want it to be...

I quite enjoyed the Best Of but it must have been quite boring for people with no entries in the final, at least everyone could compete equally in these spin-offs

+Quote this post
tombliboo
post 22nd January 2009, 10:12 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Jan 22 2009, 10:06 PM) *
So many conflicting opinions ohmy.gif I'd be happy with either way but obviously it would not be a popular decision in general to have it impacting on any normal contests so parallel is looking like the most sensible choice, I just don't think it could ever be as low key as some would want it to be...

I quite enjoyed the Best Of but it must have been quite boring for people with no entries in the final, at least everyone could compete equally in these spin-offs

which is why it can't run parallel - sorted happy.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 22nd January 2009, 10:22 PM
Post #47
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(tombliboo @ Jan 22 2009, 10:13 PM) *
which is why it can't run parallel - sorted happy.gif

I don't think we'll all come to the same agreement so the forum mods can decide the way forward, I suggest a poll with the most popular decision going forward

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 22nd January 2009, 10:22 PM
Post #48
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480

The reason I suggest a trial one to replace a contest is for two reasons: for one, to keep the amount of contests in a year to ten so we have a regular date for the Best of each year in November, which seemed to work well as a time last year just as new songs were drawing to a trickle (although some may argue January is a better time - we would need to find a way to accomodate 12 contests in one edition to do that, which would be fairly tough and it isn't something I'm keen on doing tbh...); and secondly most people seem to think of the Best of as representative of what a spin-off would be like - it isn't, so this would be a sample for you all. As I said, if it doesn't work it won't become a regular occurrence as a replacement for a contest and we'll have to find another way or *gasp* have a month without the contest (although it won't work quite like that - it'll just be a month with a longer gap and the contest in the early part of the next month). As it is, the spin-off won't as such replace a contest, rather fill a slightly longer gap between two contests...I think it was a bad idea for whomever did so to label it as 'replacing' the contest *touches wood in event of it having been me ph34r.gif*

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 22nd January 2009, 10:25 PM
Post #49
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Jan 22 2009, 10:23 PM) *
I don't think we'll all come to the same agreement so the forum mods can decide the way forward, I suggest a poll with the most popular decision going forward

I would do, but as I've said I think far too many people are going under the assumption that spin-offs will be just like the Best of, and will see a spin-off as 'robbing' them of a contest so to speak when all it'll be doing is adjusting the BJSC calendar so it doesn't end up conflicting with the ESC in May...

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 22nd January 2009, 10:39 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

Of course

Would you rather see them run parallel with or in place of regular BJSC contests?

NA

If they were to be in place of regular BJSC contests, would you prefer a spin-off to be after XIII, after XIV or later than this?

After XIII

3 times in a year

If you are willing to participate in spin-off contests, can you suggest any interesting themes?

hmmm non-english song contest (example...french, german, italian, spanish, romanian etcetc...maximum 3 songs for a language).

90's Eurodance songs(I would so love this...Snap,Dr.Alban,Ace Of Base, 2 Unlimited, Culture Beat, Maxx, Capella, Mark'Oh, Captain Hollywood, La Bouche etc etc.)

yeah lets give it a try.

This post has been edited by Addy Bass: 22nd January 2009, 10:45 PM

+Quote this post
post 22nd January 2009, 10:45 PM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

If these would run parallel to the actual contest, I would not be in support of spin-offs whatsoever. =/ I don't mind them being in between whatsoever, but I don't want any sort of delay or impact to the actual contests which are far more interesting than a spinoff could ever be.

+Quote this post
tombliboo
post 22nd January 2009, 10:58 PM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Medicated Soap @ Jan 22 2009, 10:46 PM) *
If these would run parallel to the actual contest, I would not be in support of spin-offs whatsoever. =/ I don't mind them being in between whatsoever, but I don't want any sort of delay or impact to the actual contests which are far more interesting than a spinoff could ever be.

And so this arguement would then defeat Trash's purpose of having a spin off in order to limit it to 10 BJSCs in a year

I think we need someone in charge to just force this thing upon us as we're blatently never gonna be able to all agree. Atcherly do we have some sort of Mr. BJSC? unsure.gif

+Quote this post
AaronTM
post 23rd January 2009, 12:17 AM
Post #53
Group icon
salty foods parch the human
Pronouns: he/him
User: 4,631

QUOTE(tombliboo @ Jan 22 2009, 10:59 PM) *
Atcherly do we have some sort of Mr. BJSC? unsure.gif

That would be Trashlexis I guess as he's the mod, alongside Boyan but he hasn't taken part this month so maybe he's lost interest. unsure.gif

This is just all too much. The idea of the spin-offs was to limit us to 10 a year so parallel wont work? If we have the Best Of in November we only need one or two spin-offs this year and then once we get in the routine it will only be one a year which isn't a BIG DEAL. :/

Jan - XIII
Feb - Spin Off
Mar - XIV
Apr - XV
May - XVI
Jun - XVII
Jul - Spin Off?
Aug- XVIII
Sep - XIX
Oct - XX
Nov - Best Of
Dec - XXI

So by next January it would be XXII which means we can get rid of one of the spin offs as it fixed the mistake we had by having XI before the first Best Of. Oh and, yes, I've not left a gap for May. I kinda figured that this isn't really linked to Eurovision any more so we don't really need to take a gap for it. If anyone really wants to spend time on Eurovision they can sit that contest out.

+Quote this post
post 23rd January 2009, 01:12 AM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I didn't realize we were limiting it to 10 a year? :/ Any specific reason...?

+Quote this post
6weeksatnumber7
post 23rd January 2009, 01:24 AM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 4,604

How about having a one week spin-off?

No reservation thread. No confirmation thread. Simply a posting of the start date and then first come first served sending your artist/song to the host over 3 days with no-one allowed to reveal which song they're thinking of submitting or confirming they've sent until voting is open. Then a 4 day voting period.

Sing submission starts 12:01am Sunday closes 11.59pm Tuesday. Voting starts 12:01am Wednesday closes 6:00pm Sunday. Quick and easy, relatively painless, won't effect the current schedule.

I'd be happy to host it.

+Quote this post
Peter30
post 23rd January 2009, 02:01 AM
Post #56
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 814

QUOTE(Medicated Soap @ Jan 23 2009, 01:13 AM) *
I didn't realize we were limiting it to 10 a year? :/ Any specific reason...?

Because Tyron thinks that we will actually manage to keep the BJSC to an exact schedule for years to come.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 23rd January 2009, 06:58 AM
Post #57
Group icon
Hello?

I think Aaron's dates look quite feasible, if we were to have them in between as opposed to parallel

I also agree that we don't need time off for ESC, all of the songs for that will be known by March anyway

+Quote this post
Silas
post 23rd January 2009, 10:36 AM
Post #58
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

If its BJSC releated count Ashton in

i think one a year in place of a regular contest isn't too bad.

give us a couple of months, i say April for the spin off.

Just once a year, like the best of

Ballads only
Songs by a particular producer eg xenomania

These can't detract from the main contest. Too much emphasis on spin offs and you risk pushing people away

+Quote this post
p a v
post 23rd January 2009, 12:11 PM
Post #59
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

QUOTE(The Fear @ Jan 23 2009, 01:37 PM) *

Ballads only
Songs by a particular producer eg xenomania

No, 30+ ballads :/
Bigger NO. Whjo the F he is? ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Silas
post 23rd January 2009, 12:33 PM
Post #60
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

The producer behind Girls Aloud, Gabriella Cilmi and few Sugababes tracks.(Round Round, Hole In The Head, Ace Reject, My Love Is Pink, In The Middle....)

+Quote this post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 3rd June 2024, 06:12 PM