BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Another different poll about the EU Referendum
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Acceptable margin
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 16
Guests cannot vote 
Long Dong Silver
post 25th September 2017, 02:02 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

Or any which has caused problems?

Please leave your conspiracy theory peddling for the appropriate place: the comment section of YT and the EXTREMELY right wing Tory pages of FB.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 25th September 2017, 02:10 PM
Post #42
Group icon
Paul Hyett
User: 364

It seems we will just have to agree to disagree on this - Remainers do not see the danger I see in the EU.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 25th September 2017, 02:23 PM
Post #43
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

And you do not see the dsngers of a One Party State in a divided union

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 25th September 2017, 07:08 PM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Sep 25 2017, 03:10 PM) *
It seems we will just have to agree to disagree on this - Remainers do not see the danger I see in the EU.

Yes we will - the rest of my initial response was not worthy, so lets just leave it at that...

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 26th September 2017, 05:29 AM
Post #45
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(MoistSummerFruit @ Sep 25 2017, 03:02 PM) *
Please leave your conspiracy theory peddling for the appropriate place: the comment section of YT and the EXTREMELY right wing Tory pages of FB.

But I'm not a Tory, as it's only some of their social policies I have sympathy with, definitely *not* the economic ones that at the core of the party!

QUOTE(MoistSummerFruit @ Sep 25 2017, 03:23 PM) *
And you do not see the dsngers of a One Party State in a divided union

In theoretical terms, I do - but I don't see how we'd get from the current situation to the one you suggest. unsure.gif

As for the legislation to incorporate EU laws into British law post-Brexit, all we need is a time limit for that power.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 26th September 2017, 06:11 AM
Post #46
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Sep 25 2017, 03:10 PM) *

No, because they don’t believe in conspiracy theories

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 26th September 2017, 01:47 PM
Post #47
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ Sep 26 2017, 07:11 AM) *
No, because they don’t believe in conspiracy theories

No-one (except Churchill) saw the danger of what was happening in the 30's, either...

+Quote this post
Silas
post 26th September 2017, 05:45 PM
Post #48
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Did you seriously just draw parallels between the European Union and Adolf f***ing Hitler?

+Quote this post
PeaceMob
post 26th September 2017, 06:30 PM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 21,342

Nick Clegg said an EU army was a conspiracy theory. He lied.

The UK will NEVER join a United States of Europe, we're too different from mainland Europeans.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 26th September 2017, 07:55 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ Sep 26 2017, 06:45 PM) *
Did you seriously just draw parallels between the European Union and Adolf f***ing Hitler?

Oh my word yes he did (quite apart from being utterly wrong, and quoting a man who hated Nazis and worked towards a peaceful united Europe after the War).... And yet totally ignored the ACTUAL parallels between a rising Far Right Nazi in Germany, Europe and the UK and a movement in Germany proud of bombing the UK in WW2. Seems like as though as long as they hate the EU that SOME Brexiteers will even go for f***ing Nazis in preference. The whole reason we even HAVE a democracy is the mutual standing up to Nazis and facsists.

I despair at the human race, I really do. Totally doomed to self-destruction, some parts of it just know and learn nothing.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 26th September 2017, 08:02 PM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(PeaceMob @ Sep 26 2017, 07:30 PM) *

The UK will NEVER join a United States of Europe, we're too different from mainland Europeans.

1. There isn't one. Even if there becomes one (to cover the gap created by the UK's withdrawal, no doubt refusing to protect Europe as part of a nationalist post-Brexit sulk) err making predictions just means you are wrong NOT LYING. You can only lie about actual facts, not guesses. Bit like the Leave Campaign, for example.

2. Nobody ever asked the UK (or anyone else) to join a United States Of Europe. Looking at the state of the current President of the United States Of America, and the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, no f***er with any sense would want to to take the RISK of a single nutter in control.

+Quote this post
PeaceMob
post 26th September 2017, 09:00 PM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(popchartfreak @ Sep 26 2017, 09:02 PM) *
1. There isn't one. Even if there becomes one (to cover the gap created by the UK's withdrawal, no doubt refusing to protect Europe as part of a nationalist post-Brexit sulk) err making predictions just means you are wrong NOT LYING. You can only lie about actual facts, not guesses. Bit like the Leave Campaign, for example.

2. Nobody ever asked the UK (or anyone else) to join a United States Of Europe. Looking at the state of the current President of the United States Of America, and the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, no f***er with any sense would want to to take the RISK of a single nutter in control.

No, it is the EU fanatics that need to stop the lying and the deceit. President Juncker gave it all away in his speech last week about the real intentions from the EU commission and it's "more Europe" mantra, I guess he decided that with the UK DEFINITELY leaving the EU and no longer standing in the way, he's decided they don't have to hide it anymore.

The UK need to get as far away from the EU as possible, end of. As for countries such as Poland, Hungary, and Denmark, good luck to them when we're out, they're really gonna need it.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 26th September 2017, 09:37 PM
Post #53
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

So more Europe = federal Europe.

Gotcha!

Personally I would have no problem with that. More cooperation, independence for all small states, as all states wll be unified together anyway under a larger, federal whole, etc.

Poland, Hungary and Denmark are hardly chompin at the bit for UK assistance.

+Quote this post
PeaceMob
post 26th September 2017, 11:13 PM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(Conderella @ Sep 26 2017, 10:37 PM) *
So more Europe = federal Europe.

Gotcha!

Personally I would have no problem with that. More cooperation, independence for all small states, as all states wll be unified together anyway under a larger, federal whole, etc.

Poland, Hungary and Denmark are hardly chompin at the bit for UK assistance.

So why doesn't Spain just let Catalonia break away this Sunday, I mean you're all going to be a part of a federal Europe so why does it matter if Catalonia splits off from Spain. smile.gif

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 27th September 2017, 05:34 AM
Post #55
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ Sep 26 2017, 06:45 PM) *

I never mentioned the Nazis. teresa.gif

Technically, I was referring to the dangers of complacency, the 'head-in-the-sand' syndrome.

I can sum this attitude up in two words : 'Rochdale', 'Rotherham' - and those were definitely *not* made-up examples by the extreme-right, but proven in court.

QUOTE(PeaceMob @ Sep 26 2017, 07:30 PM) *

You seem to be the only other person here besides me who sees the potential danger in the EU. Fortunately there were 17.4m others across the country who did though! smile.gif

This post has been edited by vidcapper: 27th September 2017, 07:14 AM

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 27th September 2017, 07:48 AM
Post #56
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(PeaceMob @ Sep 26 2017, 10:00 PM) *
No, it is the EU fanatics that need to stop the lying and the deceit. President Juncker gave it all away in his speech last week about the real intentions from the EU commission and it's "more Europe" mantra, I guess he decided that with the UK DEFINITELY leaving the EU and no longer standing in the way, he's decided they don't have to hide it anymore.

The UK need to get as far away from the EU as possible, end of. As for countries such as Poland, Hungary, and Denmark, good luck to them when we're out, they're really gonna need it.

There is no deceit. Working closely economically is not the same as giving up your national control. "More Europe" can mean the same as "looking after the interests of the UK/US/Me/You" and you are choosing to see it as some statement of intent to force 27 countries into giving up their own national interests. Never going to happen, you are scaremongering.

The main problem with anti-EU people is they see a democratic conglomeration as some sort of police state (which it isn't, anyone who travels in Europe can see almost all the anti-EU crap spewed by Brexiteers is false), while conveniently ignoring the actual police states doing their utmost to undermine democracy and freedom, purely because it appears to be supporting their distorted viewpoint of the world. Talk about obsessive.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 27th September 2017, 09:38 AM
Post #57
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(popchartfreak @ Sep 27 2017, 08:48 AM) *
There is no deceit. Working closely economically is not the same as giving up your national control. "More Europe" can mean the same as "looking after the interests of the UK/US/Me/You" and you are choosing to see it as some statement of intent to force 27 countries into giving up their own national interests. Never going to happen, you are scaremongering.

The main problem with anti-EU people is they see a democratic conglomeration as some sort of police state (which it isn't, anyone who travels in Europe can see almost all the anti-EU crap spewed by Brexiteers is false), while conveniently ignoring the actual police states doing their utmost to undermine democracy and freedom, purely because it appears to be supporting their distorted viewpoint of the world. Talk about obsessive.

Even if there's no conspiracy, that doesn't mean that we should all ignore the EU's faults, and embrace it.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 27th September 2017, 01:07 PM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Sep 27 2017, 10:38 AM) *
Even if there's no conspiracy, that doesn't mean that we should all ignore the EU's faults, and embrace it.

Quite happy for anyone to criticise the flaws of the EU, point by point. Nothing and no-one is perfect....

Look forward to a list.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 27th September 2017, 01:51 PM
Post #59
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(popchartfreak @ Sep 27 2017, 02:07 PM) *
Quite happy for anyone to criticise the flaws of the EU, point by point. Nothing and no-one is perfect....

Look forward to a list.

Well, the Common Agricultural Policy seems a good place to start.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 27th September 2017, 03:09 PM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

The British state has its faults - lots of them. However, I am not lobbying for Brighton and Hove to leave the UK.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 06:26 AM