BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> mentions for folk of principle in the news, for positive stands by people who don't have to..
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Popchartfreak
post 24th March 2018, 10:29 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

the young survivors of Stoneman Douglas High School who have taken on the NRA and spearheaded a movement for minor sensible gun legislation change despite heinous attacks on themselves.

Paul McCartney is a hero anyway to me for many things, but is marching in Central Park in support. “One of my best friends was killed by gun violence right around here.” #imagine
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 25th March 2018, 08:07 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Paul Hyett
User: 364

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Mar 24 2018, 11:29 PM) *
Paul McCartney is a hero anyway to me for many things, but is marching in Central Park in support. “One of my best friends was killed by gun violence right around here.” #imagine

Hard to believe it's 38 years since JL's murder - it feels far more recent that that! ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 25th March 2018, 08:31 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Mar 25 2018, 09:07 AM) *
Hard to believe it's 38 years since JL's murder - it feels far more recent that that! ohmy.gif

It is more recent than that. It's closer to 37 years, albeit only for another 2 1/2 months.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 31st March 2018, 08:34 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

....aaaand one of the children Parkland Survivors gets called a Nazi by Roseanne Barr, who actually dressed up as a Nazi on her Prime Time "back-From-The-Grave" Trump-supporting conspiracy theory-pusher propaganda "sitcom". Once upon a time Roseanne was a shitty actor ex-stand-up comic, but now she's spearheading ABC's attempt to appeal to Trump voters by resurrecting her long-dead show. Trouble is she's actually making her errrr "eccentric" ex-hubby Tom Arnold look sane these days.

Literally believes total nut-job conspiracy theories, so lost touch with reality.

That makes Boy David even more of a hero, and Roseanne a spiteful old has-been who doesn't care about kids at all.

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post 31st March 2018, 08:45 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Mar 31 2018, 09:34 PM) *
....aaaand one of the children Parkland Survivors gets called a Nazi by Roseanne Barr, who actually dressed up as a Nazi on her Prime Time "back-From-The-Grave" Trump-supporting conspiracy theory-pusher propaganda "sitcom". Once upon a time Roseanne was a shitty actor ex-stand-up comic, but now she's spearheading ABC's attempt to appeal to Trump voters by resurrecting her long-dead show.

Actually, she dressed up as a Nazi as part of a satirical Jewish publication nearly 10 years ago (she is Jewish herself), and she came in for a lot of criticism for it at the time, including from Fox News. And whilst she definitely has some nutty conspiratorial views (the worst of all being her anti-vaxx stance), I'm pretty sure she doesn't espouse those views on her new sitcom (which I have not watched, and presumably, neither have you).

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 1st April 2018, 11:53 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Mar 31 2018, 09:45 PM) *
Actually, she dressed up as a Nazi as part of a satirical Jewish publication nearly 10 years ago (she is Jewish herself), and she came in for a lot of criticism for it at the time, including from Fox News. And whilst she definitely has some nutty conspiratorial views (the worst of all being her anti-vaxx stance), I'm pretty sure she doesn't espouse those views on her new sitcom (which I have not watched, and presumably, neither have you).

Hmmm thanks for that. Not being reported in that way. Still attacking a young boy for being a Nazi and spreading lies so she really should know better in that case. She's another lizard people type believer so I'm not forgiving her though appreciate the correction

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 6th April 2018, 08:29 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Kerry Sanders

Verified account

@KerryNBC
Apr 4
More
He's the Parkland shooting survivor you have not seen or heard from until now. Anthony Borges - 9 surgeries later - is finally home from the hospital. He's the hero who held the door taking 5 bullets but saving all inside his classroom. @TODAYshow exclusive 830am.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 4th August 2018, 08:53 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

remember those pesky kids asking not to be shot death like their classmates? Remember all those vicious attacks by the right-wing media and the NRA in particular on these kids willing to stick their heads over the parapet?

Latest reports are funding for the NRA has dried up, what with Russian sources under investigation and the backlash of actual gun-supporters, and their media propaganda channel is about to go bankrupt.

Fingers-crossed!

Scooby Doo exists, pesky meddling kids stopping (foreign and collaborating) crooks getting away with it.....

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 27th August 2018, 08:28 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Not exactly "principle" but a trailblazer, the lady they made a film out of for black & women's rights at NASA in the 60's while playing crucial roles in the Space programmes:

Katherine Johnson’s 100th Birthday
With slide rules and pencils, Katherine Johnson, a legendary NASA mathematician – and the other human computers who worked at the agency – helped our nation’s space program get off the ground.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 09:21 AM