BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gavin Williamson, Huawei He Goes
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Suedehead2
post May 2 2019, 04:25 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

Gavin Williamson has been sacked as Defence Secretary for apparently being the source of the leak from the National Security Council meeting last week. The Telegraph reported details of some of the discussions regarding the possibility of Chinese telecoms company Huawei being involved in building the 5G network in the UK.

Williamson still denies being the source of the leak. Theresa May has said that she does not think the matter should be referred to the police, despite the fact that it is potentially a breach of the Official Secrets Act. A cynic might think that a police enquiry would reveal that Williamson had nothing to do with the leak. If that is the case, it means that the offending minister remains a member of the Cabinet. OTOH, if Williamson is the source, he is now lying and accusing the Prime Minister of dishonesty. Just another normal day in the life of this government.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Silas
post May 2 2019, 05:22 PM
Post #2
Queen of Soon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3,474

If the discussions were covered by the secrets act then the cops should be involved. Although the cops should be involved in a lot of investigations into members of parliament that the current aren’t. *coughtheleavecampaigncough*

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post May 2 2019, 06:54 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

swears he didnt do it on the "lives of his children". If I were that innocent I'd demand an investigation to prove it.

That said, 5G, a bonanza for the government of China to add to the Russian bonanza that have been meddling and controlling and stashing cash all over the place.

This is the future.

+Quote Post
Steve201
post May 2 2019, 07:56 PM
Post #4
Shakin Stevens
Group: Members
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

Thinks far too highly of himself Williamson - reminds me of Cameron a bit with his born to rule arrogance.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post May 2 2019, 08:06 PM
Post #5
Howdy, disco citizens
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

The result of this happening is that when you talk about the "disgraced former Defence Secretary", you now have to specify which one you're talking about.

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Jan 6 2021, 03:39 PM
Post #6
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

MUPPET.

+Quote Post
blacksquare
post Jan 6 2021, 03:43 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,471
   No Gallery Pics

Has there ever been a worse education secretary? How does he have a job?

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Jan 6 2021, 03:45 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(blacksquare @ Jan 6 2021, 03:43 PM) *
Has there ever been a worse education secretary? How does he have a job?

Funny teachers used to say there could never be a worse one than Gove. laugh.gif The Education job seems to be the poison chalice,in Governments, certainly Tory ones.

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Jan 6 2021, 04:00 PM
Post #9
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Because they never have any experience of actually working within education and have no awareness of the practicalities of what they’re implementing

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Jan 6 2021, 04:18 PM
Post #10
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

QUOTE(common sense @ Jan 6 2021, 03:45 PM) *
Funny teachers used to say there could never be a worse one than Gove. laugh.gif The Education job seems to be the poison chalice,in Governments, certainly Tory ones.

People always say that, and as T Boy says a lot of it is down to the fact they have no experience in the sector and are there because of other reasons e.g. being big names, allies or well liked by members.

The big difference between him and Gove as Education Secutary, is Gove at least cared and had somewhat of a plan. And you can't really say the same about Williamson. It's baffling how he gets these big jobs, he must have some dirt as he is a truly terrible politician in every sense possible.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jan 6 2021, 04:25 PM
Post #11
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Williamson is awful because he’s just really incompetent. Like I wouldn’t expect to agree with everything an education secretary was doing but this one literally cannot do anything right. I feel for England schools with today’s announcement as there will be huge pressure.

It’s not perfect in Wales but at least Kirsty Williams is doing an adequate job. I’d hate to be stuck with someone like Williamson. The big problem is the at most of these politicians have never even been to a state school. I’m sure when Williamson just wanted to pile all the children back into crowded classrooms, he probably couldn’t see past the small well behaved classes he was used to from his private school days.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Jan 6 2021, 05:01 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

As others have said, Gove was unpopular because teachers didn't like what he did. Williamson is unpopular because he is utterly clueless and incompetent.

Williamson is, of course, a former Chief Whip which means he will know a lot of dirt on various Tory MPs. You have to wonder what he knows about Johnson beyond what we already know.

+Quote Post
blacksquare
post Jan 7 2021, 09:48 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,471
   No Gallery Pics

Again — how does he have a job?

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jan 7 2021, 10:13 PM
Post #14
Radical Pink Troll
   No Gallery Pics

Ugh, he only wants schools closed in name, doesn’t he?

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Jan 13 2021, 12:09 PM
Post #15
   No Gallery Pics

Sure you weren't Gav. Sure.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jan 13 2021, 01:32 PM
Post #16
Radical Pink Troll
   No Gallery Pics

Ugh, I hate him.

Can we also stop pretending that only this new variant was a threat to schools? Schools weren’t really safe with the original...

+Quote Post
Botchia
post Jan 13 2021, 02:56 PM
Post #17
I Drink Wine
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(blacksquare @ Jan 7 2021, 09:48 PM) *
Again — how does he have a job?

I think the only reason he's still in post is because he's being used (and will continue to be used) as the whipping boy / scapegoat for the education mess that the Tories have created over the past year (not that he isn't culpable for it, just that the leadership obviously think it is better to have 1 senior minister to blame rather than a succession of senior ministers to blame).

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Jan 13 2021, 07:46 PM
Post #18
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(T Boy @ Jan 13 2021, 01:32 PM) *
Ugh, I hate him.

Can we also stop pretending that only this new variant was a threat to schools? Schools weren’t really safe with the original...

Although that is a fair point - during the second lockdown (November 2020) schools remained open and case rates came down in all but Kent and London... where the new variant first became prevalent. So I think the new variant with much greater transmissibility made schools more effective vectors of transmission and the need to close inevitable (vehemently denied by Boris and Co. until 5 hours before they announced them closing).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:58 AM