BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
55 Pages V  « < 47 48 49 50 51 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Premier League / Football League Thread 2011-12, (& Blue Square Premier!) News & Discussion
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Soy Adrián
post 30th April 2012, 11:14 PM
Post #961
Group icon
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
User: 10,596
City were very jittery towards the end but I have to say I think they've got the title now, their collapse must have been half because they knew the derby was going to be an absolute must-win. Now that's out of the way I don't think there's any way back for United.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Severin
post 30th April 2012, 11:17 PM
Post #962
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872
Newcastle away remains a potential banana skin but if the negotiate that it's all over.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 1st May 2012, 12:23 AM
Post #963
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
Newcastle away is a potential banana skin. Depends how Newcastle do at Chelsea on Wednesday. Manchester United have to play Swansea and Sunderland. They're potential banana skills too, especially the Swansea game. And I'm sure Fergie doesn't have a good record against MoN? Could be wrong though.

Yaya Toure was immense for Man City. Tevez has made such a difference. I'd forgotten how well he could hold the ball up. He won't get slated for it in the media, but if I was a Man Utd fan I'd be fuming with Fergie. He messed up big time with his tactics (and not for the first time this season), but of course it will be swept under the carpet like it always is... thought hr gave City too much respect.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 1st May 2012, 12:43 AM
Post #964
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
I honestly think Newcastle will draw with Man City.
Yaya Toure tonight was fantastic!

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post 1st May 2012, 06:04 PM
Post #965
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118
I never thought I'd see a Man Utd side managed by Fergie lose an 8 point lead in a title race, he got it all wrong last night. I'm pretty gutted really, my large dislike for Man Utd is nothing like the hatred I've developed for City, the thought of David Platt and Carlos Tevez getting their hands on the Premier League makes me want to vomit.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 1st May 2012, 06:08 PM
Post #966
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
QUOTE(RabbitFurCoat @ May 1 2012, 07:04 PM) *
I never thought I'd see a Man Utd side managed by Fergie lose an 8 point lead in a title race, he got it all wrong last night. I'm pretty gutted really, my large dislike for Man Utd is nothing like the hatred I've developed for City, the thought of David Platt and Carlos Tevez getting their hands on the Premier League makes me want to vomit.

The man is an idiot. I can't believe I'm not seeing a lot of criticism directed at him, I mean this isn't the first thing he's done like this. I get Park is a big game player, but he was way off the ball yesterday. He drops probably their second best player this season in Valencia and plays a midfield of Scholes and Giggs. If I remember rightly I don't think they have ever started a game together once this season? I get he went for experience, but his midfield didn't have the legs to compete with City's. He left Rooney too isolated in the process. And Nani gave a classic wingers performance by being totally annonymous.

+Quote this post
Grandwicky
post 1st May 2012, 06:34 PM
Post #967
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 49
To be fair I don't think doing anything different would have made a difference, City have won 17 and drawn 1 at home this season afterall. I'm directing my anger at the Blackburn, Wigan and Everton games. They are games where we SHOULD have won and we ended up losing two of them! One of them were 2 goals up with eight minutes to go and threw it away as well!

Anyway this is the worst season performance-wise I've seen for 20 years yet we're somehow on 83 points and this is also after having not invested as much as other teams in the past few years as well (even Stoke have a higher net spend then us in the last few years) so it ain't all bad. *sigh* This end of the season is like 1998 all over again.

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post 1st May 2012, 07:11 PM
Post #968
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
The last time a team to make as many changes to their line up as Liverpool have tonight were fined £25k. I wonder if they'll get a fine too.... rolleyes.gif

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post 1st May 2012, 07:16 PM
Post #969
Group icon
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
User: 10,596
QUOTE(RabbitFurCoat @ May 1 2012, 08:11 PM) *
The last time a team to make as many changes to their line up as Liverpool have tonight were fined £25k. I wonder if they'll get a fine too.... rolleyes.gif

There were complaints on BBC text about them fielding a weak team, then someone tweeted saying "Liverpool have been fielding a pretty weak team for most of the season". I lol'd.

+Quote this post
pwned
post 1st May 2012, 07:49 PM
Post #970
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 16,183
QUOTE(¿ CHARLIE ? @ May 1 2012, 08:16 PM) *
There were complaints on BBC text about them fielding a weak team, then someone tweeted saying "Liverpool have been fielding a pretty weak team for most of the season". I lol'd.

VERY TRUE. Apart from the odd few players like suarez they would probably be where villa are at present.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 1st May 2012, 08:51 PM
Post #971
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
QUOTE(pwned @ May 1 2012, 08:49 PM) *
VERY TRUE. Apart from the odd few players like suarez they would probably be where villa are at present.

Don't be stupid. Our best XI when fit is class, despite what everything thinks. There's only 2/3 players I'd swap for others if I was playing Football Manager. Problem is our squad is f***ing gash. Too many journeymen, or average players. We were absolute gash tonight, I do wonder whether some of these players have brains. A 17 year old Raheem Sterling showed a 28 year old Downing what it is to be a winger tonight. Can't believe we choose him over Mata. Comolli was hopeless at recruitement.

+Quote this post
Pablo
post 2nd May 2012, 03:38 PM
Post #972
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 10,249
QUOTE(RabbitFurCoat @ May 1 2012, 07:04 PM) *

Had to check Tevez had made enough appearances for a medal, but he is currently on 9 and I imagine he will play at least once in the last two matches unfortunately sad.gif
As much as I hate everything about City, I just can't get over the arrogance of the United fans I know, so I am hoping City do win the title.

Liverpool are not a good team, 5 wins at home all season is abysmal for a supposedly "big" club. Suarez is good, but Liverpool don't have the necessary players surrounding him to get the best out of him, Gerrard is injured too often these days to be relied upon, and aside from Reina, Skrtel and Agger they seriously lack quality anywhere else on the pitch. They have a lot of work to do to catch up on Spurs / Newcastle for next season, never mind United and City. I think a change of manager may be needed for the club to move forward.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 2nd May 2012, 04:23 PM
Post #973
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
QUOTE(Pablo @ May 2 2012, 04:38 PM) *
Had to check Tevez had made enough appearances for a medal, but he is currently on 9 and I imagine he will play at least once in the last two matches unfortunately sad.gif
As much as I hate everything about City, I just can't get over the arrogance of the United fans I know, so I am hoping City do win the title.

Liverpool are not a good team, 5 wins at home all season is abysmal for a supposedly "big" club. Suarez is good, but Liverpool don't have the necessary players surrounding him to get the best out of him, Gerrard is injured too often these days to be relied upon, and aside from Reina, Skrtel and Agger they seriously lack quality anywhere else on the pitch. They have a lot of work to do to catch up on Spurs / Newcastle for next season, never mind United and City. I think a change of manager may be needed for the club to move forward.

We will finish above Newcastle and Spurs next season, especially if the latter loses Modric and Bale cos they don't get Champions League. We've been bad this year, but nowhere near as bad as some of you may believe. I've seen 25-30 league games for Liverpool this season and I can honestly say we've only been poor in 5/6 of them. Been wasteful in front of goal. Like I said earlier we have hit the woodwork 31 times and missed 5/6 penalties. On another day they might have gone in. Dalglish has had us playing good football, but the problem is our attacking players don't have the game intelligence needed to play that type of football. I think if we don't win the cup Kenny will walk, and even if we do he might walk anyway. The spine of our team is there Reina, Agger, Skrtel, Lucas, Gerrard, Suarez, Johnson. All top quality footballers. Problem is we have a talented set of younger players i.e. Shelvey, Henderson, Robinson, Suso, Sterling who will probably make it, but they're not quite there yet. Agree we have too many players with small time mentalities though.

The fact a lot of people still don't rate Lucas, who is the second best holding midfielder in the world, just goes to show. Losing him made everything fall apart. I blame the management and recruitement for not replacing him with a player in January as our main downfall. Would have saved us 10-12 points from losing games that we should have won easily. But then again I don't think our owners trusted people with their money, hence why they got rid.

+Quote this post
pwned
post 2nd May 2012, 04:28 PM
Post #974
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 16,183
Unless quality signings are made at liverpool they will never be any threat to manchester or chelsea and spurs. When I say quality i dont mean wasting money on people like Andy Carroll. 35m is far too much for a striker that hasnt made as big an impact as needed

+Quote this post
Severin
post 2nd May 2012, 05:01 PM
Post #975
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872
Liverpool right now are as bad a team as I've ever seen them have. They've somehow turned into the equivalrnt of Tottenham 15 years ago and if they don't arrest this decline they will struggle for years to regain their former glory. If they didn't have Suarez and Reina they be screwed right now

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 2nd May 2012, 05:04 PM
Post #976
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
QUOTE(pwned @ May 2 2012, 05:28 PM) *
Unless quality signings are made at liverpool they will never be any threat to manchester or chelsea and spurs. When I say quality i dont mean wasting money on people like Andy Carroll. 35m is far too much for a striker that hasnt made as big an impact as needed

Mistakes were made in the summer. I doubt we will buy ready made quality players cos there is just way you can afford the wages that they want. But I fully expect us to look abroad for players oppossed to British talent this summer. Henderson gets a lot of stick from Liverpool fans and from everybody else. But he'll be quality in another 18 months. Problem is nobody has any patience when you have a big price tag.

The Carroll debate is just that. Yes it we over paid, and there is only one man to blame. But nobody considers the fact that Liverpool were a club that have new owners, morale on the field was at an all-time low following Roys tenture and our star striker wanted to leave. Not buying anyone then would have sent mass panic. Problem was we settled for our second choice, when in hindsight it would have been better waiting. Hindsight is a beautiful tool.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 2nd May 2012, 05:09 PM
Post #977
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
QUOTE(Severin @ May 2 2012, 06:01 PM) *
Liverpool right now are as bad a team as I've ever seen them have. They've somehow turned into the equivalrnt of Tottenham 15 years ago and if they don't arrest this decline they will struggle for years to regain their former glory. If they didn't have Suarez and Reina they be screwed right now

Bad team yet we've beaten Chelsea and Arsenal away in the league. Drawn with Manchester United, Spurs, Manchester City at home in the league. Beaten Newcastle at home and beat Everton twice. Beaten Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United in the cups this year. We've had an inability to finish teams off when we're dominating them, and beat the "lesser teams". That's where our problem lies. Tha's down to attacking play and midfield domination.

+Quote this post
Santa Claus™
post 2nd May 2012, 05:59 PM
Post #978
Group icon
REBEL AGAINST TIRREN, HE NO SPEAK AMERICANO.
User: 10,896
Need to get:
Nordtveit from Monchengladbach
De Jong from Twente
Good left-back
Good support striker

Sell deadweight (Henderson, Adam), even Kuyt, as even though he is one of my favourite players- he wants a return back to Europe. Hopefully we can look at European talent instead of our 'BNP' style recruitment style atm. A pretty horrendous season- despite the cups- a 8th (or even lower) finish is just a joke after our funding.

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post 2nd May 2012, 06:12 PM
Post #979
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
A real chance you could Liverpool could finish 9th or below, the last time they didn't finish in the top 8 of the top division was the season they were last promoted in 1961-62, lowest finish for 50 years. Unless they score four goals against Chelsea next Tuesday, they will also set the record for lowest number of goals at home in a single league season. Not records Kenny will want, but will probably get!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 2nd May 2012, 06:26 PM
Post #980
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
QUOTE(RabbitFurCoat @ May 2 2012, 07:12 PM) *
A real chance you could Liverpool could finish 9th or below, the last time they didn't finish in the top 8 of the top division was the season they were last promoted in 1961-62, lowest finish for 50 years. Unless they score four goals against Chelsea next Tuesday, they will also set the record for lowest number of goals at home in a single league season. Not records Kenny will want, but will probably get!

This season has been one of broken records for the wrong season, so it will happen. The players gave up in the league after the Arsenal defeat. Not what I like to see.

+Quote this post

55 Pages V  « < 47 48 49 50 51 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 10:39 AM