BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jason Orange quits band!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
jay727
post 25th September 2014, 08:19 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 12,273

Yeah Pippa, Howard tweeted that he needs TT in his life. That'll be enough to keep the band alive.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 25th September 2014, 10:50 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

I am really surprised by this, i would have never predicted this. For me he didnt do enough for me to miss him, i find him the most background member but im not doubting he added a lot to the band but more behind the scenes than forefront. Its hard to know what they will do as this changes the dynamics of the band and possibly what the band is about. I do believe the remaining 3 could continue buy they may want to.

I do agree that if they are planning to officialy split the only tour to come from them will be a farewell Greatest Hits which would guarantee they go out on top. I have loved them since they came back as the music is spot on, i did like them first time round but prefer them second time round. I will admit progress was my east fave of their albums for this era but i enjoyed it nonetheless, beautiful world was/is a fantastic album and the circus i just adore. I am confident i will also enjoy the new album but i just hope its not the last studio album from them.

Interesting but worrying times ahead as a fan, as if they plan to split i could see the news coming about a week after they release the new album. I am confused though, if Jason has recorded all the new album would it mean they have to re-record for public performances as im sure Jason would have some lines in the new songs.

+Quote this post
jay727
post 26th September 2014, 10:04 AM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Not sure if the album will be delayed, but this was in the paper this morning:

http://www.contactmusic.com/story/take-tha...ic-soon_4386556

Despite Jason Orange's departure, Take That are hoping to release new music ''within weeks''.

Take That will release new music ''within weeks''.
The 'Patience' hitmakers stunned their fans earlier this week when they announced the departure of Jason Orange, but the group - Gary Barlow, Howard Donald and Mark Owen - are pressing on with plans to release a new record by the end of the year.
A source said: ''The first songs could be with fans within a few weeks. Fans are backing the boys to stay together.
''They're written a lot of the record already. The only thing stopping a comeback without Jason is if the results in the studio don't do justice to their musical legacy. They won't release anything substandard.''
However, insiders admit Jason was usually the band's ''quality control'' and not afraid to give an honest opinion on their finished tracks.
The source added to Metro newspaper: ''Jason was very encouraging about health and keeping fit. They'll miss that spirit.
''He was also key to the group's quality control. He'd always speak his mind if he thought something was rubbish.''
The 44-year-old singer is now planning to enjoy ''civilian life'' out of the public eye and has no plans to embark on a solo career.
The source said: ''Jason's just very private. He's made a lot of money through decent investments.
''Now he only wants to enjoy a civilian life. There are no big work plans for him in the pipeline.''
Meanwhile, Gary has thanked fans for their support following Jason's departure.
He tweeted: ''Thank you so much for all your beautiful messages xx(sic)''

+Quote this post
pippa
post 26th September 2014, 10:53 AM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

Please god we get that new music as i was on a count down waiting for it. I am in no way surprised that Jason wants to live and enjoy a civilian life, i never expected him to launch another career. He will be a man of hobbies from now on.

+Quote this post
nirvanamusic
post 27th September 2014, 09:22 AM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 16,950

I think the reason so many are saying they should go out on top is having seen other groups such as Backstreet Boys and Westlife slowly have a tragic decline to irrelevance and halving album by album sales. The vast majority of the public saying it's done and getting frustrated/annoyed at a group continuing past their time and turning to irritation. However in this case we'll see what happens with the new album however it is the three notorious members now.

Yes i'll probably get the new album as all the others have been quality however with Jason in the band I wouldn't have felt so bad as he was a moral voice of reason and represented the down to earth non egotistical element to the band.

+Quote this post
Kath
post 27th September 2014, 09:28 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,980

QUOTE(nirvanamusic @ Sep 27 2014, 10:22 AM) *
Yes i'll probably get the new album as all the others have been quality however with Jason in the band I wouldn't have felt so bad as he was a moral voice of reason and represented the down to earth non egotistical element to the band.

I wish Jason all the best, like you I felt he was the moral compass of the group. He's a little funny take on it though - I'm sure the lads would have a laugh too!

http://www.holymoly.com/music/news/jason-o...aving-take70733

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 27th September 2014, 10:08 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Jason going is sure to completely change the dynamics of the band and for the lads themselves it will be a big change. The main thing is they are still friends and he isnt leaving on bad terms.

+Quote this post
Cat62
post 28th September 2014, 04:25 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 19,479

I was both surprised and not surprised at the same time that Jason left TT. He seemed "off" already during Progress and not so much involved with the promotion for Progress. This year he seemed to be missing when we could read "reports" about the other guys working on the album, like in New York earlier this year. This made you suspect that something was going on.

I’m really looking forward to new album and curious about what kind of sound it will have. Also curious about the tour next year, how it will be. Will they carry on as TT after this coming album and tour? My guess is that they won’t. Somehow I just can't see them going on as 3, but we'll see...

+Quote this post
pippa
post 29th September 2014, 03:38 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I am sure there is a huge amount of contract work and legal work to sort out before the new albums gets a release. This stems my fear further of the new album getting delayed. Bottom line is, my selfishness wants the new album this side of Christmas.

+Quote this post
jay727
post 29th September 2014, 05:27 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Unless this was already all done and they knew Jason wasn't returning in January? Jason does say they went back into the studio with his blessing

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 29th September 2014, 08:16 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Ya im starting to think its all sorted and mark howard and gary have known jason is leaving for a few months now.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 30th September 2014, 04:45 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

That would make sense, if that is how they have done it the album should be safe to proceed with its planned release.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 2nd October 2014, 12:30 AM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

QUOTE(pippa @ Sep 30 2014, 05:45 PM) *
That would make sense, if that is how they have done it the album should be safe to proceed with its planned release.

At this stage that would be the ideal outcome;im just not overly confident we will get a new album this year.

+Quote this post
jay727
post 2nd October 2014, 06:58 AM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Yeah...I haven't heard anything from anyone on it and usually we would be hearing the new single next week or the week after with tour tickets going on sale at the end of October

+Quote this post
pippa
post 2nd October 2014, 12:30 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I live in hope it will be sprung on us out of the blue.

+Quote this post
jay727
post 2nd October 2014, 07:47 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Good news I think. I've seen an advert on Twitter from a dance agency recruiting for people to film the new Take That video. Filming starts on 7th and finishes on the 9th. Hopefully that's a good sign that we should get the single and video on radio and YouTube by probably 3rd week in October

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 2nd October 2014, 09:47 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Some good news at last,i hope we get confirmation soon.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 3rd October 2014, 04:11 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

We have to keep our fingers crossed that it will all get released soon and we can all enjoy the new material.

+Quote this post
Bond Bug
post 7th October 2014, 03:33 AM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 1,966

QUOTE(jay727 @ Oct 2 2014, 07:47 PM) *
Good news I think. I've seen an advert on Twitter from a dance agency recruiting for people to film the new Take That video. Filming starts on 7th and finishes on the 9th. Hopefully that's a good sign that we should get the single and video on radio and YouTube by probably 3rd week in October

Jason leaves and Take That advertise for a new dancer!

This split could be worse. Imagine if Gary Barlow and Mark Owen left. That would leave Jason and Howard to carry on as Take That!

I think most people won't care too much about Jason going. They will need more dancers though, just to make the transition from 4 or 5 to 3 feel smoother.

They could use this opportunity for their new direction. I see some very hot female dancers in hot pants and maybe a few guy dancers too.

+Quote this post
jay727
post 7th October 2014, 07:17 AM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Jason played an important role in the band overall and I'm sure was involved in making the big decisions they took as a group. But yes, Jason wasn't a writer and although he has a nice voice, I wouldn't say it's my favourite in the band.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 06:46 PM