BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Elite, Spanish Netflix drama
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
spiceboy
post 25th May 2020, 10:29 AM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(lewistgreen @ Feb 3 2020, 09:54 PM) *
NO THANK YOU. What the hell sad.gif

I guess they're going to leave school yeah but it could just continue away from the education setting?

Yes would make more sense too with the fact they drink and go clubbing non-stop laugh.gif It's like Gossip Girl these teenagers who are in nightclubs non-stop laugh.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 25th May 2020, 02:39 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585

QUOTE(Spiceboy @ May 25 2020, 11:29 AM) *
Yes would make more sense too with the fact they drink and go clubbing non-stop laugh.gif It's like Gossip Girl these teenagers who are in nightclubs non-stop laugh.gif

I went clubbing on a school night once and it ruined me the following day

+Quote this post
Scene
post 24th June 2020, 06:03 PM
Post #43
Group icon
Baby Reindeer
User: 5,567

FINALLY got round to finishing this season and I'm a bit bummed about a few things. Firstly, although it was clear from the start of the season that Polo dies, watching his three-way romance with Valerio and Cayetana was enjoyable and I kind of wish we saw more of it. laugh.gif It sucks we lose Nadia, Lu, Carla and Valerio in season 4 - I get that they all can't stay at school forever but couldn't they have all chosen to go to the same college? laugh.gif Ok that would be ridiculous. blush.gif Also, for some reason I was sure Ander was going to die so pleasantly surprised he's beaten the cancer (for now).

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 20th July 2020, 11:44 PM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

OK!!

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 17th April 2021, 05:42 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Returns June 18th!!

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 20th April 2021, 07:23 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

Absolutely loved the first three seasons but I have a feeling this'll go the same way as Skins - a sharp decline in quality as soon as the cast is changed sad.gif

+Quote this post
Bjork
post 20th April 2021, 07:25 PM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665

but a big bunch of the original cast is still there

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 24th April 2021, 01:47 PM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Ooh looking forwards to this coming back! Will miss no Nadia and Carla though!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 17th June 2021, 03:16 AM
Post #49
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

One more day until Season 4 *.* So excited. Remember that there are four "short stories" available before the new season starts. I'm about to start watching them!

+Quote this post
Bjork
post 4th August 2021, 09:25 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

not a bad season, felt kinda short, but really liked all the new characters, much better than the old ones

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 8th August 2021, 04:27 AM
Post #51
Group icon

I think Lucrecia, Carla and Nadia were far more distinctive and compelling characters - and far better written - than all of the Season 4 newcomers!

Ari is essentially a mash up of Lucrecia and Carla's personalities, but without the charm/depth that either of them had. I blame the writing for this, not the actress. It just didn't ring true to me that Samuel and Guzman were immediately drawn to her. They both got over Carla and Nadia in approximately 5 seconds... ugh! Both Samuel and Guzman really regressed this season. Samuel in particular is going around in circles, his storyline was the exact same "class divide" issue he experienced with Carla. Boring. Anyway, the fact that the main storyline's mystery revolved around what happened to Ari at the party, why she ended up in hospital... was kind of a fail for me, because I didn't care about her enough to be overly interested in finding out the answers. Oops!

As pretty as the actor who plays Patrick is, it felt he was simply around to be a sex object for Ander and Omar. We were fed information that he had been in a car accident that left him bed ridden for 2 years, but this was only really to give some background to Mencía's incredibly strained relationship with her father. As far as Patrick's character goes that might as well have not happened to him. So yeah, I found him to be severely underwritten. Circling back to Ander and Omar, I've become tired of their relationship... and I don't sense great chemistry from them anyway. I was pleased when they broke up!! Omar's personality this season stretched no further than being lovesick... unable to function very well with and without Ander. I want Omar to have more self worth.

Mencía... I like her relationship with Rebe, they have nice chemistry. They are the only couple I was rooting for. I'm undecided on whether I actually like Mencía away from Rebe though...

I didn't enjoy the storyline between Phillipe (the prince) and Cayetana. Watching Cayetana unwittingly get close and intimate with a sexual abuser, really wasn't at all nice to see play out. Phillipe in my eyes is not redeemable, but weirdly I got the sense that as an audience we're being lulled into feeling some sympathy towards him. Well, I definitely do not. The only aspect of her association with Phillipe that I can at least appreciate is that she came to realise that she's worth so much more than she'd previously thought - but I wish the writers could have landed on a different storyline to make her come to this important realisation. She's a great character, I root for her, but I wish she had stronger material to work with.

Overall... it's clear I was disappointed with the season as a whole! It came across as being very formulaic to me, and ultimately I was left thinking that it probably should have wrapped up after 3 strong seasons - with the short stories tying up loose ends and allowing us to say goodbye to the characters.

Oh one more thing, I felt like this season more than previous ones was really relying on the titillating sex scenes to try and disguise the quality of the season. I'm no prude, but I found myself becoming bored of it - in some cases they felt shoehorned in, rather than having any particular context to furthering the relationships between the characters.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 14th March 2022, 06:52 PM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Season 5 will be with us on April 8th

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 2nd November 2022, 09:40 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Season 6 starts on November 18th

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 3rd November 2022, 01:30 PM
Post #54
Group icon

Looking forward to it! Season 5 was a big improvement over Season 4, although still not hitting the highs of Seasons 1-3.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 24th November 2022, 12:23 AM
Post #55
Group icon

Season 6... well all I'll say is that it exists. dry.gif

cry.gif heart.gif

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 24th November 2022, 07:24 AM
Post #56
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Yeah this one isn't the hitting the same. It's hard to care about the cast (a little like Skins S5 & 6) as none of the originals are there. Omar is apparently back for Season 7 though

+Quote this post
Bjork
post 24th November 2022, 08:22 AM
Post #57
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I kinda like it, and I'm kinda glad the characters of Omar, Samu, Cayetana or her rich beau are gone, they were annoying as f**k

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 24th November 2022, 08:58 AM
Post #58
Group icon

I generally liked Cayetana and kept rooting for her to make the right choices. Over time her character developed from being awfully shallow and desperate to fit in, to becoming her own woman with better principles. I hated Phillipe, he was such a problematic character, and it irked me that some viewers saw their relationship as being romantic when in fact he was a predator. I’m glad she ultimately saw the light and didn’t end up with him!

I should probably expand on my qualms with Season 6, I’ll do this at another time. I think it’s very easily the worst season yet though for multiple reasons!

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 5th December 2022, 10:33 PM
Post #59
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I agree with you Jay about season 4 being a real let down however I felt like season 5 was back to its greatness and I really enjoyed it. Particularly liked Patricks and Ivan's story focus, more than I did Anders and Omar from previous seasons. Not watched 6 yet I shall have to catch up so much has come out at once though!

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 26th August 2023, 06:15 PM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

October 20th for Season 7 which will also see the return of Omar

Season 8 has also been confirmed and Nadia will return