BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> IT Chapter Two, 6th September 2019
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jαsє
post Jul 28 2019, 10:48 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

In the sleepy town of Derry, the evil clown Pennywise returns 27 years later to torment the grown-up members of the Losers' Club, who have long since drifted apart from one another.

Bill Skarsgård returns as Pennywise along with James McAvoy, Jessica Chastain, Bill Hader, Isaiah Mustafa, Jay Ryan, James Ransone, and Andy Bean, who portray the adult versions of The Losers Club. Jaeden Lieberher, Sophia Lillis, Finn Wolfhard, Chosen Jacobs, Jeremy Ray Taylor, Jack Dylan Grazer, and Wyatt Oleff return from the first film as the younger Losers.

Its been confirmed that the film is currently coming in at a whopping 2 hours and 45 minutes ohmy.gif Director Andy Muschietti shed some light on its runtime:

"A movie is very different when you're writing the script and you're building a story compared to what the final product is. At the beginning, when you're writing and building the beats of the story, everything that you put in there seems very essential to the story. However, when you have the movie finally edited and it's 4 hours long, you realise that some of the events and some of the beats can be easily lifted but the essence of the story remains intact. You cannot deliver a 4-hour movie because people will start to feel uncomfortable – no matter what they see – but we ended up having a movie that is 2 hours and 45 minutes, and the pacing is very good. Nobody who's seen the movie has had any complaint."

My most hyped film of 2019 and I can't bloody wait!!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Jul 28 2019, 02:25 PM
Post #2
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
Yep excited for this, the book was excellent and I loved the first film. Hoping this does well again!

+Quote this post
BridgeCow
post Jul 28 2019, 06:47 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,860
SO hyped about this being so long omg

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Jul 28 2019, 06:52 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
It's SO rare to get a horror/supernatural film which goes over 2 hours so I'm shook but in a VERY good way!

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Aug 13 2019, 09:29 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
I cannot wait for this the first one was SO good!!

+Quote this post
jotiko
post Aug 22 2019, 02:14 AM
Post #6
Group icon
New Entry
User: 89,981
l love jessica chastain movie so exciting for this movie

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Aug 23 2019, 02:52 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Seeing it on Sunday 8th. Just booked my ticket wub.gif

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Sep 3 2019, 05:58 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Currently 78% on Rotten Tomatoes. The first one has 86%!

This post has been edited by Jαsє: Sep 4 2019, 03:55 PM

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Sep 6 2019, 11:13 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
Absolutely f***ing terrible. Opening scene was openly homophobic?!?!

I'm furious

+Quote this post
post Sep 6 2019, 11:23 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
I thought it was a mess too and the opening scene did NOT work.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Sep 6 2019, 11:28 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Honestly one of the worst movies I've ever seen - I'm shocked its getting ANY good reviews. I hope it ends up getting a lot of backlash soon.

I loved the first film too, I'm in shock!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Sep 6 2019, 11:48 PM
Post #12
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
I thought it was really good. Nowhere near as good as the first, but the only issue I had with it was that it was about 25-30 mins too long and thus resulted in one "scare" too many that it got to the point where I was a bit "eh" by the big finale. I thought the older cast had their characters down perfectly and I loved that they still included the kids in some way!

But going back to my problem with the movie, I'm getting bored of movies being overly long for the sake of being long and being seen as "artistic" when it's really, quite pretentious and insufferable at times. This, The Lion King & Once Upon A Time In Hollywood all from this year alone really could've been much better and more solid had they not just had individual scenes drag on and on. Ugh. Such a pet peeve lately. Only Avengers kept my interest for so long this year and that's mainly coz the pacing was cleverly done (pretty slow, but important, first half driving to a thrill seeking, adrenaline fueled 2nd half). Just single shots and scenes were dragged out for a lot longer than needed in those movies. Bleh.

As for the opening scene, I believe it was kept in due to it being in the novel in which King wrote it based on an actual event that happened in his town when he was writing the book, hate crime still very much existing today and therefore it's still very relevant. I believe they have referenced that as to why it's been kept in the film a few times in the press etc.. I'll see if I can find one (but gahhh. I'm sad it didn't work for you and you hated the movie so much sad.gif )

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Sep 6 2019, 11:51 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Here's a segment of this interview:

The sequel to horror film It is almost here and warnings are being issued ahead of the release due to its depiction of a hate crime.

In a new interview, director Andy Muschetti explained the reason behind his decision to include the terrifyingly brutal scene that adapts the moment from Stephen King’s novel, in which a gay couple is attacked by a group of teenagers in Derry, Maine.

It’s a standalone sequence that ends distressingly and doesn’t get referred to again in the film. But, Muschetti was adamant he had to include the moment in the follow-up.

“It was very important to me because it is of relevance,” he told Variety. “I probably wouldn’t have included it if it wasn’t in the book, but it was very important for Stephen King. When he wrote it, he was talking about the evil in the human community. He was talking about how dark humans can get in a small American town.

“For me, it was important to include it because it’s something that we’re still suffering. Hate crimes are still happening. No matter how evolved we think society is going, there seems to be a winding back, especially in this day and age where these old values seem to be emerging from the darkness.”

The inclusion of the moment in the novel was inspired by real events that saw a gay man named Charlie Howard killed by a group of teenagers in the author's hometown of Bangor in 1984."
I was surprised that Pennywise ended up not eating one of the bad guys though but I assume that was just to emphasize just how evil he is. It was a very shocking scene, even for today though.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Sep 6 2019, 11:55 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Im personally not interested if it was in the book, for me, it was done so disrespectfully and a shock tactic. Especially as where we are as a community now, I had straight lads laughing at it and it was just very cruel.the way they did it.

I am getting a lot of I'm sensitive comments etc which I expected, which is a shame! I thought showing a gay couple getting beaten to death and having homophobic slurs at them, whilst the group of lads get nothing wrong with them would be justified to be annoyed at?! But no, it's in the book, so it's fine!

This isn't a dig at you Jonjo, I know you mean well, moreso other people justifying it.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Sep 7 2019, 12:50 AM
Post #15
Group icon
I know it isn't, no worries. And if you feel that way, then you have every right to. It's so much more than "being sensitive" and it's mainly those reactions that piss me off the most, especially as I assume those that are saying it are more than likely not going to get why you're so upset and angry about that scene.

For me, I didn't see it as that. But I was probs just being too blind and ignorant to it all at the time. I did feel so uncomfortable though the longer the scene played out and then when I realised things weren't going to go the way I had envisioned (the part in spoiler tags in my last post) I did feel pretty stunned by it.

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Sep 7 2019, 12:55 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Down to 66% on RT.

+Quote this post
post Sep 7 2019, 12:58 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
I hated when it would burst into song during a scary moment?

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Sep 7 2019, 09:37 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Aside from that scene, I thought it was really terrible in other ways;

- it had characters die who didn't really have a purpose in the film (the little girl and boy), there was no mention, it was weird

- Bill Harder was irritating as f***. No one in a horror film when something as bad and as terrifying as what was happening to them would respond in such a comedic way, almost seeing it as a joke. The humour was pedestrian and something that a 15 year old boy would find funny do of course the locals in the cinema went WILD for it.

- It relied so heavily on jump scares, the first film felt so tense, this would just have things jump out at you and there didn't feel like a great character development

- The film could have been condensed in half, it felt like it was being long for the sake of being long and it didn't work. Even if it was condensed, it still would have been awful but still

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Sep 7 2019, 09:52 AM
Post #19
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
QUOTE(Jack @ Sep 7 2019, 12:28 AM) *
Honestly one of the worst movies I've ever seen - I'm shocked its getting ANY good reviews. I hope it ends up getting a lot of backlash soon.

I loved the first film too, I'm in shock!

It sounded awful. I actually hated the first film, didn't find it scary, and thought it was cheesy and trashy.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Sep 7 2019, 09:54 AM
Post #20
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
QUOTE(Jack @ Sep 7 2019, 12:55 AM) *
Im personally not interested if it was in the book, for me, it was done so disrespectfully and a shock tactic. Especially as where we are as a community now, I had straight lads laughing at it and it was just very cruel.the way they did it.

I am getting a lot of I'm sensitive comments etc which I expected, which is a shame! I thought showing a gay couple getting beaten to death and having homophobic slurs at them, whilst the group of lads get nothing wrong with them would be justified to be annoyed at?! But no, it's in the book, so it's fine!

This isn't a dig at you Jonjo, I know you mean well, moreso other people justifying it.

What were they thinking with that in 2019 with the fat right mobilising and the alt right and Trumo and Boris in command (for now)!!!

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:40 PM