BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> -
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Radio 1 Playlist (05/05/17), Bieber's back
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mangø
post May 5 2017, 09:23 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 151
A List
Calvin Harris feat. Young Thug, Pharrell Williams & Ariana Grande - Heatstroke [C-B-A-A]
Cheat Codes feat. Demi Lovato - No Promises [C-B-A-A]
Clean Bandit feat. Zara Larsson - Symphony [B-A-A-A-A-A-A-A]
Disciples - On My Mind [C-B-B-A-A-A]
Drake - Passionfruit [B-A-A-A-A-A-A]
Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl [A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A]
Harry Styles - Sign Of The Times [A-A-A-A-A]
J Hus - Did You See [C-B-B-A-A]
Kasabian - You're In Love With A Psycho [C-B-B-A-A-A-A]
^ Katy Perry feat. Migos - Bon Appétit [B-A]
Kendrick Lamar - HUMBLE. [C-B-A-A-A]
Rag'n'Bone Man - Skin [B-B-A-A-A-A]
^ Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back [B-A]
^ Stormzy - Cold [C-C-B-B-A]
ZAYN feat. PARTYNEXTDOOR - Still Got Time [C-B-B-A-A-A-A]

B List
alt-J - In Cold Blood [C-B-B]
Ariana Grande feat. Future - Everyday [C-B-B-B-B]
^ Circa Waves - Goodbye [C-B]
^ Declan McKenna - Brazil [C-B]
Fickle Friends - Hello Hello [C-C-B-B]
High Contrast feat. Boy Matthews - Questions [C-B-B-B-B-B]
^ James TW - Ex [C-C-B]
^ Kyle feat. Lil Yachty - iSpy [C-C-B]
^ Lana Del Rey feat. The Weeknd - Lust For Life [C-B]
Mura Masa feat. Charli XCX - 1 Night [C-B-B-B-B-B]
Paramore - Hard Times [C-B-B]
Riton feat. Kah‐Lo, Mr. Eazi & Davido - Money [C-C-B-B-B]
^ Royal Blood - Lights Out [C-B]
Sigrid - Don't Kill My Vibe [C-B-B-B-B]
You Me At Six - Take On The World [C-B-B-B]

C List
Becky Hill - Rude Love [C-C-C]
* Biffy Clyro - Friends And Enemies [C]
* DJ Khaled feat. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance The Rapper & Lil Wayne - I'm The One [C]
* Dua Lipa feat. Miguel - Lost In Your Light [C]
* James Arthur - Can I Be Him [C]
* JP Cooper - Passport Home [C]
* Kings Of Leon - WALLS [C]
Loyle Carner - Ain't Nothing Changed [C-C-C]
Oh Wonder - Ultralife [C-C-C]
* The Amazons - Junk Food Forever [C]
Tinie Tempah feat. Jake Bugg - Find Me [C-C-C-C]
Twin Atlantic - Whispers [C-C]

BBC Introducing
TYNE - Girly

OUT
Clean Cut Kid - Leaving You Behind [C-C-C]
Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes - Vampires [C-C-B-B-B]
Little Mix feat. Machine Gun Kelly - No More Sad Songs [C-B-B-A-A-A-A-A]
Louisa Johnson - Best Behaviour [C-C-B-B-B-B]
Martin Jensen - Solo Dance [C-B-A-A-A-A-A-A]
The xx - Say Something Loving [C-C-B-B-B]
Zedd feat. Alessia Cara - Stay [C-B-B-A-A-A-A]

You can view the Radio 1 Playlist archive here.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
jazzy_765
post May 5 2017, 09:26 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 13,730
As much as I adore Everyday by Ariana Grande, I think it's time to realise it's a non top 40 flop sad.gif

+Quote this post
Roba.
post May 5 2017, 09:26 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804
Oops no GaGa still sad.gif

+Quote this post
Mangø
post May 5 2017, 09:27 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 151
They're clearly done with Gaga, it's a shame but people need to accept it and move on.

Really surprised Khaled et al didn't get added straight to B-list, given how well it's doing.

I'm glad they're supporting JP Cooper but I feel like there was so much more they could have added this week: Kygo/Ellie, Vamps, Charlie Puth, Imagine Dragons, OneRepublic, Sean Paul, DNCE... guess it's all down to impact dates though.

This post has been edited by M4NG0: May 5 2017, 09:28 AM

+Quote this post
Bjork
post May 5 2017, 09:29 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665
we don't know when the impact date for Kygo/Ellie is, they video for It AIn't Me just premiered last week

the problem with Gaga is that... she had an amazing 1st era, at least 6 songs that were a 10/10, obviously she was the biggest start in the world... then album 2 came and it was your typical sophomore album slump, only one good song (Edge of Glory) but the rest was very very bad... R1 still supported her full time cos of what she had achieved in album 1... then came album 3 and was even worst, one of the worst albums released this century, total lack of ideas and inspiration and an album that a good label would have shelved and told the artist to keep working til she got something better... but still R1 supported it despite the album being crap and the loss of fans... then came album 4, and the first single Perfect Illusion is even worst than album 3, so bad it should have been kept in a drawer and never seen the light, if you don't wanna do commercial pop, do indie, do dance, but PI was just crap, and that was the last drop... ironically, after hitting rock bottom with PI, she released the best song since her debut, Million Reasons, sadly it was not supported, same as newie The Cure... and it's a shame cos they're both great tracks and would have been mega hits with their support...
sucks, but at the same time I understand R1, you support an artist for 3 failed eras, continues supporting even when she delivers the crappiest crap, at a certain point one has to say stop I cannot take it anymore... so I don't agree with them but I do understand

I understand less the over-support with Biffy, support them for 3/4 singles from an album, that's more than enough, you don't need to support them for sinlge 6/7, there's more similar bands out there putting out decent stuff that should be given a chance

+Quote this post
Haarry
post May 5 2017, 09:30 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 9,867
QUOTE(Tombo @ May 5 2017, 10:24 AM) *
Public opinion has definitely swayed over her. Don't forget there is a whole population of people outside of pop forums who don't follow the charts religiously.

It is basic and bland. It is a huge letdown for some one with four amazing albums.

I'm well aware of that, but you're ignoring facts. She's top ten on iTunes and doing great on Spotify, regardless of your irrelevant opinion on the song. The people buying and streaming it everyday clearly do not think that it's bland.

+Quote this post
Tombo
post May 5 2017, 09:30 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543
QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ May 5 2017, 10:28 AM) *
Looking at it in real terms, her reputation has been in tatters since ARTPOP (4 years ago), so 'The Cure' is actually doing miraculously well considering how things have gone for her since then.

I just wish it was a good song sad.gif

I loved her first four albums and Perfect Illusion is amazing and even A-Yo was cool, I just don't like this one cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif

+Quote this post
Tombo
post May 5 2017, 09:33 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
It's great to see Bon Apetit up to A list, where the hec are Fall Out Boy though?

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post May 5 2017, 09:35 AM
Post #9
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
QUOTE(Bjork @ May 5 2017, 10:29 AM) *
we don't know when the impact date for Kygo/Ellie is, they video for It AIn't Me just premiered last week

the problem with Gaga is that... she had an amazing 1st era, at least 6 songs that were a 10/10, obviously she was the biggest start in the world... then album 2 came and it was your typical sophomore album slump, only one good song (Edge of Glory) but the rest was very very bad... R1 still supported her full time cos of what she had achieved in album 1... then came album 3 and was even worst, one of the worst albums released this century, total lack of ideas and inspiration and an album that a good label would have shelved and told the artist to keep working til she got something better... but still R1 supported it despite the album being crap and the loss of fans... then came album 4, and the first single Perfect Illusion is even worst than album 3, so bad it should have been kept in a drawer and never seen the light, if you don't wanna do commercial pop, do indie, do dance, but PI was just crap, and that was the last drop... ironically, after hitting rock bottom with PI, she released the best song since her debut, Million Reasons, sadly it was not supported, same as newie The Cure... and it's a shame cos they're both great tracks and would have been mega hits with their support...
sucks, but at the same time I understand R1, you support an artist for 3 failed eras, continues supporting even when she delivers the crappiest crap, at a certain point one has to say stop I cannot take it anymore... so I don't agree with them but I do understand

I understand less the over-support with Biffy, support them for 3/4 singles from an album, that's more than enough, you don't need to support them for sinlge 6/7, there's more similar bands out there putting out decent stuff that should be given a chance

I still consider BTW a successful second era for her though, she had a few solid hits from it and it's near enough a million seller. What I will say though is she did a few things during that era which did real damage to her credibility, and that's where it carried on with ARTPOP.

+Quote this post
Haarry
post May 5 2017, 09:41 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 9,867
BTW definitely damaged her brand following TF(M), but anyone who considers a #1 million selling album, four top twenty hits (three top tens) and sold out stadium shows a "failed era" is, well... Maybe I won't go there.

This post has been edited by Haarry: May 5 2017, 09:42 AM

+Quote this post
Tombo
post May 5 2017, 09:51 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Haarry @ May 5 2017, 10:30 AM) *
I'm well aware of that, but you're ignoring facts. She's top ten on iTunes and doing great on Spotify, regardless of your irrelevant opinion on the song. The people buying and streaming it everyday clearly do not think that it's bland.

We're a music discussion forum so you can't just brand opinions you don't like as irrelevant. The whole point of this site is to discuss music and I am not oging to pretend something is a good song when it isn't.

BTW was a weak follow up to The Fame Monster musically. The first two singles were good but the others were awful. The album has some good songs though and it did well in terms of charts and sales.

+Quote this post
Hadji
post May 5 2017, 10:03 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,386
They should add Kygo and Niall Horan and remove Ariana Grande and Ed Sheeran

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post May 5 2017, 10:12 AM
Post #13
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Surprised DJ Khaled is only C!

Amazed at how much they've supported 'No More Sad Songs' wub.gif

+Quote this post
ML Hammer95
post May 5 2017, 10:54 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,265
Some great songs on the A List right now... Heatstroke, Passionfruit, Did You See, HUMBLE., Cold & Still Got Time. wub.gif

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post May 5 2017, 10:58 AM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275
Interesting that R1 support Katy so much but not Gaga at all when The Cure is clearly a bigger hit

+Quote this post
danG
post May 5 2017, 11:00 AM
Post #16
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
QUOTE(SKOB @ May 5 2017, 11:58 AM) *
Interesting that R1 support Katy so much but not Gaga at all when The Cure is clearly a bigger hit

Katy is headlining Big Weekend so they want to push her as much as possible.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post May 5 2017, 11:00 AM
Post #17
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I think Katy will find herself in the same boat as Gaga very soon.

Shame 'Best Behaviour' is definitely done now. sad.gif

+Quote this post
post May 5 2017, 11:02 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

Katy Perry is headlining the Radio 1 big weekend. I'm sure they'd support Katy anyway, but that's a big reason Katy is getting such big instant support, despite having also left her imperial phase long ago.

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post May 5 2017, 11:09 AM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155
Why aren't they adding Kygo/Ellie?

+Quote this post
post May 5 2017, 11:14 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
QUOTE(cqmerqn @ May 5 2017, 12:09 PM) *
Why aren't they adding Kygo/Ellie?

Next week for sure, I think they've been dealing with a backlog of new entries, and are prioritising Big Weekend ones. It'd be good if they added it straight to B next weekend but I can't see it happening.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:08 AM