BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> How can Madonna win over the GP again (UK posters), Discuss.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
spiceboy
post 15th November 2020, 11:33 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

Can I just say this is one of the most interesting threads I've read on Buzzjacks for ages btw (well actually Kylie vs Little Mix thread was interesting in a different way laugh.gif )
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 16th November 2020, 07:26 AM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275

Yes!

I think we disagree regarding the touring (set lists mostly) as I don't want to go to see my fave artists playing the same songs time after time again. I think that is what has made her tours so special: they all have their unique themes and set lists (If only Take a Bow was included more)

When I go to Gaga concert, I wouldn't mind her not playing Telephone or Just Dance for 15786th time.

This post has been edited by Sour Candy: 16th November 2020, 07:27 AM

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 16th November 2020, 01:11 PM
Post #43
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

QUOTE(spiceboy @ Nov 15 2020, 11:24 PM) *
I absolutely love that you list the disagreements but then end with but actually I think we agree on most wub.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 16th November 2020, 01:50 PM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

Kylie makes music for her fans and Madonna makes music for Madonna. I just don’t see her ever having success like Golden or Disco — and that’s fine.

She’s always going to have an uphill battle with her age, public perception, and her own personality at this point. Of course, the biopic could help sell a greatest hits album and provide some goodwill but I don’t see it creating enough momentum for another successful studio album campaign.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 23rd January 2023, 03:27 PM
Post #45
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

Bumping this as last week seemed to be the week I’d seen the most love for Madonna on socials in absolute years!

Is the tour going to be the start of a rebuild and can it help bring more success when/if we get another studio album.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 26th January 2023, 11:20 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Sour Candy @ Nov 16 2020, 07:26 AM) *
Yes!

I think we disagree regarding the touring (set lists mostly) as I don't want to go to see my fave artists playing the same songs time after time again. I think that is what has made her tours so special: they all have their unique themes and set lists (If only Take a Bow was included more)

When I go to Gaga concert, I wouldn't mind her not playing Telephone or Just Dance for 15786th time.

There is a huge difference between Madonna and Gaga though in that Madonna has literally 2 decades of huge well known signature hits... Gaga obviously hasn't been around as long but also (aside from Shallow) all her signature hits are from the first 2 eras really. Not to diminish Gaga's achievements or her other big hits but it's just not the same.

It's really quite incredible how with Madonna her huge signature hits cover decades from 1983' Holiday right up to 2005's Hung up with plenty in between. (I suppose you could say 2007 with 4 minutes but I don't consider that an iconic signature Madonna hit personally).

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 27th January 2023, 02:01 AM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

Madonna has always been very creative musically but for me I think she has chased trends on her later releases and I'm not sure if that's intentional or not but I think she should try and make music her fans want as it's her fans that have made her, she has nothing to prove but I'd love to see her go back to roots musically in some way as for me her last albums are awful.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 27th January 2023, 08:04 AM
Post #48
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

I’m not sure I could define what classes as music her fans want… it’s a tough one!

+Quote this post
Dante77
post 27th January 2023, 09:35 AM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 122,900

Joining this debate, and wanted to express my hilarity at any comparisons between Madonna and Kylie.

There are none really, except one is the Queen and a true and iconic artist, who makes her art for herself and one is...Kylie. M is the world's best-selling Female Artist, and the UK's too, who will have numerous future UK #1 albums I'm sure, and there's little evidence to suggest Kylie is anything other than a legacy artist now.

Madonna's huge success with tickets for her Celebration tour (on the back of no new music), in the UK, selling for ridiculous prices, shows that Madonna needs to do nothing to win over the general public in the UK. This is evidence enough. So for her stage in her career, she's exactly where she should be.

ps. not taking away from Kylie, (or her longevity) - I enjoy her harmless, vacuous pop music sometimes.

+Quote this post
neill2407
post 28th January 2023, 12:38 AM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 159,650

Madonna’s last really solid album was confessions. MDNA was weak. Rebel heart was better but very mixed. Madame x is probably the most consistent but I don’t like her voice on some of the tracks. I feel Madonna has lost her way. She used to set the trends but now appears to be regurgitating old themes and she just looks so bizarre. Trying to dress, look and behave like someone half her age. It’s like she is not accepting of the fact she is getting older and this doesn’t send out a good message. Please bring back the old Madonna who released a great song rather than working on collaborations with people like Nikki Minaj which end up being under average songs.

Kylie in comparison has released two excellent studio albums on a new label and continues to grow as an artist. She looks her age and doesn’t try to be something she isn’t.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 28th January 2023, 09:16 AM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Dante77 @ Jan 27 2023, 09:35 AM) *
Joining this debate, and wanted to express my hilarity at any comparisons between Madonna and Kylie.

There are none really, except one is the Queen and a true and iconic artist, who makes her art for herself and one is...Kylie. M is the world's best-selling Female Artist, and the UK's too, who will have numerous future UK #1 albums I'm sure, and there's little evidence to suggest Kylie is anything other than a legacy artist now.

Madonna's huge success with tickets for her Celebration tour (on the back of no new music), in the UK, selling for ridiculous prices, shows that Madonna needs to do nothing to win over the general public in the UK. This is evidence enough. So for her stage in her career, she's exactly where she should be.

ps. not taking away from Kylie, (or her longevity) - I enjoy her harmless, vacuous pop music sometimes.

I mean you call Kylie nothing but a legacy act then go on to use Madonna’s your selling well as an example of why she is not… a greatest hits tour celebrating her 40 year legacy… Kylie’s recent tours have been in support of new albums…

I agree Madonna is on another level but it’s nothing to do with current output (which Kylie is now consistently outselling in the U.K.) it’s because of her legacy. Both are in that bracket and anyone who doesn’t think that is blinkered tbh.

+Quote this post
Dante77
post 3rd February 2023, 09:57 AM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 122,900

The ridiculous comment: 'I just don’t see her ever having success like Golden or Disco' is what I was responding to. Of course, Madonna will have greater commercial success than those two aforementioned albums again.

And critically, Golden was Kylie's country album, Disco, and her Confessions - both of which Madonna did far better, and way before. I hated both albums.

There was also a barb from Neil2407 - saying Kylie looks her age and doesn't try to be something she isn't!! Are you joking? Kylie has had more botox and filler than anyone I can think of. AND, my point is, who is Kylie? A grown woman, with a childlike mentality, OFTEN trying to be something she isn't, and thus coming across as inauthentic.

I'm not here to slate Kylie or her success, both she and Madonna are 100% legacy artists, but Madonna is a true Artist, and Kylie is a formulaic pop singer, and that's ok (Kylie for me is very much like an artist comparable to Cliff Richards, someone safe, harmless and loved by the British Public).

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 3rd February 2023, 11:27 AM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Dante77 @ Feb 3 2023, 09:57 AM) *
The ridiculous comment: 'I just don’t see her ever having success like Golden or Disco' is what I was responding to. Of course, Madonna will have greater commercial success than those two aforementioned albums again.

And critically, Golden was Kylie's country album, Disco, and her Confessions - both of which Madonna did far better, and way before. I hated both albums.

There was also a barb from Neil2407 - saying Kylie looks her age and doesn't try to be something she isn't!! Are you joking? Kylie has had more botox and filler than anyone I can think of. AND, my point is, who is Kylie? A grown woman, with a childlike mentality, OFTEN trying to be something she isn't, and thus coming across as inauthentic.

I'm not here to slate Kylie or her success, both she and Madonna are 100% legacy artists, but Madonna is a true Artist, and Kylie is a formulaic pop singer, and that's ok (Kylie for me is very much like an artist comparable to Cliff Richards, someone safe, harmless and loved by the British Public).

He says after doing exactly that... blink.gif

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 3rd February 2023, 12:00 PM
Post #54
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

QUOTE(Dante77 @ Feb 3 2023, 09:57 AM) *
Of course, Madonna will have greater commercial success than those two aforementioned albums again.

I'll certainly believe that when I see it.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 02:54 PM