BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2016, Valletta, Malta · 20th November 2016
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post Oct 24 2016, 05:14 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608
Just merged that into here, will check out your ranking soon - you can see mine in the first post of this thread! magic.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Oct 25 2016, 03:04 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Malta's entry is composed by the same person behind "Suus" and we all know how incredible Christina is at singing "Suus":

Coming for a third win? ohmy.gif We'll be able to listen to the entry on Thursday!

+Quote this post
den4ik
post Oct 26 2016, 10:00 AM
Post #43
Group icon
New Entry
User: 23,104
My TOP-13 (of 24 October) Junior Eurovision 2016 cheer.gif

Watch, comment, like. Thank you) heart.gif
Also join our group in VK vk.com/eurovision201705, in which we published the most current news and content from the world of Eurovision. teresa.gif

youtu.be/mYV3DQG67co

+Quote this post
Umi
post Oct 26 2016, 07:37 PM
Post #44
Group icon
All I See br29
User: 14,659
If you want to discuss Eurovision with us then do it here. Nobody cares about your terrible YouTube channel.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Oct 28 2016, 08:36 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
We now have 15 entries, it doesn't feel like there is a clear front-runner or two like last year where Malta and Armenia were predicted fairly early on (until I got a little swayed by rehearsal hype in the days before the final). If I were to make a similar prediction at this stage, I would say it is a battle between Albania, The Netherlands and Russia.

There's an overload of girl ballads, but Albania offers something different to the rest just like "Suus" was different to any other ballad in Eurovision 2012. Juries love a massive vocalist as proved by the last five winners, and Klesta is potentially the best vocalist in the competition. Malta's Christina is possibly the other best vocalist, but her song frustrates me in that it could've been a contender but the inclusion of a "tropical dance drop" makes the song lose momentum after very strong verses and pre-chorus.

I think The Netherlands is the best of the uptempos, it has a slight retro sound in the vibe of "Not My Soul" and the girls seem to be confident and strong performers. The disco/funk-lite sound worked well with juries for Laura Tesoro in Stockholm and with 100% juries here, I can see this being the highest uptempo. Russia hasn't completely clicked with me, but it's topping all the forum polls on the web so I can't rule it out. It came from a national final so Sofia should be comfortable performing it, and it has received a new lease of life with the revamp.

The newly-released Armenia will probably be top 5, but I'm not quite sure it is accessible enough to win - but then again "Candy Music" won for Georgia in 2011 and it isn't too dissimilar to "Tarber". To finish off my early top 5 prediction I think I'll put Belarus in there. One of only two male soloists (unless Ireland pick one), this worked wonders for Vincenzo in 2014 and Belarus is much more accessible than Cyprus' trancey song - but I don't think it can win.

Italy and Bulgaria could both gatecrash the top 5 of Albania, The Netherlands, Russia, Belarus and Armenia but I'm not seeing anyone else getting in there at this stage. In fact, I'd predict the 15 songs we have so far to finish as follows:

01 The Netherlands
02 Russia
03 Albania
04 Armenia
05 Belarus
06 Italy
07 Bulgaria
08 Poland
09 Malta
10 Australia
11 F.Y.R. Macedonia
12 Serbia
13 Ukraine
14 Georgia
15 Cyprus

Australia and Malta could get inflated for being jury faves in all things Eurovision, Macedonia and Serbia feel a little low on the other hand. We'll go with that for now though!

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Oct 31 2016, 12:16 AM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Oh my why didn't this make it for Ireland? Ylva & Linda wrote this as well!!!!11

+Quote this post
den4ik
post Nov 2 2016, 10:04 AM
Post #47
Group icon
New Entry
My TOP-15 (of 28 October) Junior Eurovision 2016 cheer.gif

Also join our group in VK - vk.com/eurovision201705, in which we published the most current news and content from the world of Eurovision. teresa.gif

https://youtu.be/Pk7WllEt_Bk

This post has been edited by den4ik: Nov 2 2016, 10:04 AM

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Nov 3 2016, 03:33 PM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
On top of the voting already being 100% jury voting (the presentation of which has changed from what was previously announced I believe), we are now getting 3 "expert jurors" who will each have the power of a country with their vote. And who is one of these expert jurors you ask? Well I'm sure you've already guessed it...

(Alexa Curtis already celebrating her 12 points from Christer)

In other news, the interval acts will be Poli Genova and Destiny, the latter will sing Not My Soul and her brand new single La Di Da. And the hosts will be Ben Camille (who hosted their national selection and presented those 12 points to Joe and Jake in Stockholm!) and Valerie Vella.

+Quote this post
den4ik
post Nov 7 2016, 07:21 AM
Post #49
Group icon
New Entry
My TOP-16 (of 7 November) Junior Eurovision 2016 cheer.gif

Also join our group in VK - vk.com/eurovision201705, in which we published the most current news and content from the world of Eurovision. teresa.gif

https://youtu.be/R5Ms_SLN-Us

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Nov 7 2016, 10:45 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I originally had it as a race between The Netherlands, Russia and Albania but Albania have just released their revamp and I think they could now be in pole position.

This is very much a mini "Suus" and the video is so perfect for the song, having a children's play as the setting but telling the story of how children are affected by war and believe that one day it will change - just as the lyrics do. Klesta is from Kosovo so I imagine there is some added meaning there considering their recent troubles. This is an absolute masterpiece, and really should be the winner. With a good draw I think Klesta has got it and Tirana 2017 is on its way!

If Klesta entered this into Eurovision in 6 years, it would be going straight to the top 10 - it's timeless!

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Nov 8 2016, 08:52 PM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
All the entries are now out there! cheer.gif Israel have gone for some sort of "Alone" (Heart/Alyssa Reid) rip-off that's nice but nothing more.

We do have one final slice of drama before next week kicks off, and that is Ukraine could be forced to withdraw due to having no money. We all thought Ovidiu's removal was harsh, but if poor 14-year-old Sofia Rol is kicked out with a week to go? Hopefully Ukraine find the money!

+Quote this post
den4ik
post Nov 9 2016, 06:47 AM
Post #52
Group icon
New Entry
My TOP-17 (of 8 November) Junior Eurovision 2016 cheer.gif wub.gif

Watch, comment, like. Thank you) heart.gif angel.gif
Also join our group in VK - vk.com/eurovision201705, in which we published the most current news and content from the world of Eurovision. teresa.gif dance.gif

https://youtu.be/LCzebfJNy3Y

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Nov 9 2016, 06:39 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
The final "expert jury" panel member is.......................... JEDWARD! ohmy.gif

And they are ELIGIBLE to vote for Ireland. AND the three expert panel members will be giving feedback after every performance like the X Factor. I think they are going a bit too far with these changes now! heehee.gif

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Nov 14 2016, 10:25 PM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

No excuses now, I expect everyone to name their favourites!

My final pre-rehearsals ranking is as follows:

01 F.Y.R. Macedonia
02 Bulgaria
03 Albania
04 Italy
05 The Netherlands
06 Cyprus
07 Israel
08 Armenia
09 Australia
10 Russia
11 Malta
12 Serbia
13 Ireland
14 Georgia
15 Poland
16 Belarus
17 Ukraine

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Nov 17 2016, 01:42 PM
Post #55
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955
QUOTE(Ryan. @ Nov 9 2016, 06:39 PM) *
The final "expert jury" panel member is.......................... JEDWARD! ohmy.gif

And they are ELIGIBLE to vote for Ireland. AND the three expert panel members will be giving feedback after every performance like the X Factor. I think they are going a bit too far with these changes now! heehee.gif

This sounds like horrendous car crash television that I may actually watch it this year.

+Quote this post
p a v
post Nov 18 2016, 07:50 AM
Post #56
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
Okay based on the recaps this doesn't seem as terrible as every year but I am still not very likely to tune in. That said, studio versions are always rather good so can't wait to watch Malta absolutely have a car crash of a performance on stage. The song SCREAMS a live perf fail *.*

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Nov 18 2016, 11:59 PM
Post #57
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Talking of Malta, there is always a bit of drama and chaos where a Eurovision is concerned. Headline news in Maltese press is that the Maltese delegation have ditched their 13-year-old dancers at the last minute leaving them distraught and their parents are outraged, they are apparently ordering lawyers to sue PBS. I suppose it's a battle between what is best for the children and what is best for their scoring prospects, Malta are seemingly favouring the latter with their decision.

Nevertheless, most of the tension is situated around the Russian girlband. As you'll remember, Sofia Fisenko originally won the national final as a solo artist but was magically joined by 3 other girls for the preview video and now here in Valletta. Turns out Sofia isn't happy with this at all, it seems the other 3 girls have appeared due to their parents paying loads of money to get them on the stage. Sofia is now befriending everyone at the contestant except from her bandmates it seems, and she always looks quite upset in various backstage pictures and videos - yet still shines as the star of the performance at rehearsals. A nice touch though is that Sofia has said she has made lots of friends form other countries, notably the other Sofia from Ukraine which is very nice!

Talking of Ukraine, their pre-contest drama of having no money to send Sofia Rol (Russian Sofia is Sofia Fisenko) was seemingly solved by Sofia's parents taking out loans to pay for her travel themselves. Hopefully NTU will pay them back but it seems like they are having all sorts of financial struggles ahead of next May.

The stand-out rehearsals from those previously unfancied are Cyprus and Georgia, and both are in the last 2 slots in the running order. Both are very "out-there", Cyprus with his Swedish House Mafia dance/trance thing and Georgia with her very old-fashioned but beautifully performed musical theatre ballad. I can see Georgia now finishing top 5 at least, and Cyprus could massively surprise or do nothing - it's all or nothing. This is such an open contest, especially with all the favourites in the first half of the running order bar Italy and The Netherlands, that it's so tough to predict. I think Albania and Russia are on too early, Italy's staging is a bit underwhelming and The Netherlands may be too "kiddy" - but I think The Netherlands go in as favourites at this point.

Already putting money on Christer Bjorkman's expert jury vote to be a top 3 of Australia, Cyprus and Macedonia!

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Nov 19 2016, 10:21 PM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
It's still not totally clear whether we'll be going to the expert panel after each performance or not, apparently in today's rehearsal they reacted most favourably to Georgia suggesting that they do visit the panel after each performance for at least some facial reactions if not comments.

But... the voting reveal has been edited yet again. Originally we were told the adult jury would be combined and added to the scoreboard straight away, then we would travel to each country for the kids juries so that they have the final say - and that the kids don't have to suffer the drama of the Russia/Ukraine/Australia ordeal from May. Then we were told that the juries would be combined as in 2015 and previously, with the 3 expert panels making it a total of 20 votes to receive. Now, it has been confirmed that it won't be either of them...

It looks like we are going to visit each spokesperson who will reveal the adult jury scores from each country, and then we'll get the 3 expert panel votes. Then we are going to see a combined kids jury vote which will be revealed in a bloc at the end - just as the televote was for Ukraine/Russia/Australia. So they obviously don't care about making the kids go into meltdown anymore! :')

Some screencaps from the rehearsals:

Everything looks fantastic to be fair! I think the smaller venue is going to be a fantastic choice so that kids can fill the stage rather than be drowned as they have in the past couple of years.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Nov 19 2016, 10:25 PM
Post #59
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
(and the immediate 12 points to every country has been scrapped for the first time since 2004! ohmy.gif)

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Nov 20 2016, 12:11 AM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Official streaming link for tomorrow, starts at 3pm GMT:

I will unfortunately be watching on a two hour delay, hopefully I don't click something wrong and find out the result before I've had chance to watch it! ohmy.gif

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:02 PM