BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Rachel Platten - Stand By You, 2nd single | Out worldwide now!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 4th January 2016, 11:43 PM
Post #41
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

This is what I think the charts lack atm. Just big, sing along, pure pop songs. It's the reason why when it catches on, they're huge ('Call Me Maybe', 'Roar', 'Fight Song' etc..) I think, if this catches on in the UK like it has in the US, it'd be massive/just as big as 'Fight Song'. I'm all for this sort of pop smashing the charts. So much more than the dull dance wave that's happened the past few years. It's such a breath of fresh air amongst not only your Calvin Harris/David Guetta/Avicii's but also your Lady GaGa, Katy Perry & Rihanna's et al.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Davidson
post 5th January 2016, 12:10 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,847

I'm all for pop smashing in the charts too. There are some great pop smashes waiting to come out of the box (Lush Life for example) but this isn't one of them. I'm not saying it won't be a big hit or whatever, I'm just saying I think it's lazy, uninspired and actually deathly dull. I honestly can't think of a popstar as forgettable as Rachel in the current climate and whilst I get this has a chorus that you can sing along to, I feel this dated approach to pop, with an uninspired singer who has no edge or spark at the reigns, is actually one of the reasons for such a big decline in pop in the charts. This song may be an expection to the rule in the short term but I can't see it helping pop start smashing again when it's so "been there and done that".
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 02:13 PM