BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Buzzjack Movie Awards 2015: Nominations Presentation, Finsihed! Star Wars/Room/Brooklyn/Pixar/Kingsman Dominating!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
UltraCruelSummer
post 13th February 2016, 04:14 AM
Post #1
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Hello and welcome to the Buzzjack Movies Awards 2015 nominations presentation which will kick of later today! 17 of you have loved on some of 2015's best films so be prepared for shocks, surprises and a lot of love, fun and some surprising films dominating when we go through the 25 positive awards. This will hopefully be entertaining and hopefully fun, if people comment and join in, during the nomination reveal. This will start about 7pm tonight- after I see Zoolander 2- and this will be hosted by me!

Hope you enjoy and in the meantime predict what you think will get nominated!

Also please remember to vote in the tie-breakers on the 1st page of the movies forum, they will be closing at 6pm so get your voice heard as soon as you can!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 13th February 2016, 08:07 AM
Post #2
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Excited for this UV, definitely some shocks on the way and hopefully I'll be able to comment during the trailers of Concussion tonight or something! tongue.gif

+Quote this post
lotita
post 13th February 2016, 08:17 AM
Post #3
Group icon
feminist icon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,777

Excited for this!! Sorry again I didn't get around to submitting any noms- I promise I will vote at the next stage!!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 13th February 2016, 11:59 AM
Post #4
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

Pretty much prepped so we may be starting around 18:30 instead of 19:00! Just need to prep the lead actor/actress and the tie-breaker winners and then all the layout/pics are done!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 13th February 2016, 06:36 PM
Post #5
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

Starting in 10 minutes, first award will be biggest box office disaster! Predictions?

+Quote this post
lotita
post 13th February 2016, 06:47 PM
Post #6
Group icon
feminist icon

oh wow I have no idea what I would have nominated for this one, so looking forward to hopefully being pleasantly surprised kink.gif

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 13th February 2016, 06:52 PM
Post #7
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753

Sorry I never got round to submitting nominations. I will definitely vote in the next round though. Promise.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 13th February 2016, 06:58 PM
Post #8
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BIGGEST BOX OFFICE DISASTER

Fantastic Four
Mortdecai
Pan
Steve Jobs
Tomorrowland
We Are Your Friends

Big Box Office bombs here as we lose massive travesty Fantastic Four, Johnny Depp's big money loser Mortdecai, Pan which did a massive $22m in America on an $150M budget, great reviewed but massive flop Steve Jobs, Disney's money loser Tomorrowland and Zac Efron's We Are Your Friends which recorded one of the lowest ever wide opening weekends. (I promise commentaries will get better late, still doing lots of things and rushing right now, from 8 I can hopefully take it at a steady pace!

The next category is Surprise Box Office Hit, predictions? (Will probably be up in 15 minutes as think I need to do something now!)

+Quote this post
lotita
post 13th February 2016, 07:00 PM
Post #9
Group icon
feminist icon

I haven't actually seen any of these! ohmy.gif The Fantastic Four trailer did look quite good but I don't usually enjoy those types of movies..

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 13th February 2016, 07:02 PM
Post #10
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

Pretty deserving nominees, glad We Are You Friends is included especially. But in terms of the UK I thought Pan did a not too shabby job

+Quote this post
Regina
post 13th February 2016, 07:02 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

#DownWithKateMara

Not seen any of thos eother than F4, which was dire.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 13th February 2016, 07:05 PM
Post #12
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

QUOTE(J▲hq @ Feb 13 2016, 07:02 PM) *
Pretty deserving nominees, glad We Are You Friends is included especially. But in terms of the UK I thought Pan did a not too shabby job

Yeah Pan actually did fantastic in the UK, I always keep forgetting how well it did ohmy.gif
I really think Terminator was saved in that category by its China gross!

Next award will be up in couple of minutes and can do about half an hour with no breaks now!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 13th February 2016, 07:10 PM
Post #13
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BIGGEST BOX OFFICE SURPRISE

Daddy's Home
Hotel Transylvania 2
Jurassic World
Kingsman: The Secret Service
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Straight Outta Compton

Now onto the other side of the spectrum with films that surprised you by how well they did at the Box Office and the tie-break made no difference here as Daddy's Home/HT2 had the same votes at the end! This category features big surprise hits like Kingsman and Daddy's Home to movies that we all knew would be big but still outperformed our expectations (Jurassic World and Star Wars). The only one I would maybe argue against being here would be Hotel Transylvania 2 as despite being a big hit, it was as big as I was expecting it to be! I think Home would have been a better nomination here as that was expected to completely bomb!

Throughout the evening I will be revealing the 11 Best Picture nominees, so let's start with the first one now which is also the best film of 2015, what could it be? The next category after that is Best Song, predictions?

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 13th February 2016, 07:12 PM
Post #14
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST PICTURE NOMINEE #1: BROOKLYN

Nominees So Far:
- Brooklyn

Yay for Buzzjack doing right and getting the absolutely incredible, heartbreaking, moving, powerful and fantastic Brooklyn a well deserved best picture nomination in the first of hopefully many nominations the movie will receive tonight *.*
The next category is Best Song, predictions?

+Quote this post
lotita
post 13th February 2016, 07:14 PM
Post #15
Group icon
feminist icon

Jurassic World was absolutely fantastic wub.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 13th February 2016, 07:18 PM
Post #16
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST SONG

Ellie Goulding- Love Me Like You Do (Fifty Shades Of Grey)
Jennifer Lopez- Feel The Light (Home)
Jessie J- Flashlight (Pitch Perfect 2)
Meghan Trainor- Better When I'm Dancing (The Peanuts Movie)
Rihanna- Towards The Sun (Home)

Fantastic selection Buzzjack in one of the best groups of nominations tonight *.* Ellie's chart topping million selling #1 Love Me Like You Do from 50 Shades Of Grey and America's favourite artist Jessie J with her beautiful Flashlight from Pitch Perfect 2 are the only nominees from non animated movies and both are incredible songs. Animated movie Home scores 2 noms here, one for RiRi with Towards The Sun and the other for Jennifer Lopez with Feel The Light, and Meghan Trainor scores her nom with her track from The Peanuts Movie. All 5 songs are 10/10 so great to see them all nominated heart.gif

The next category is Best Hero, predictions?

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 13th February 2016, 07:29 PM
Post #17
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST HERO

Baymax- Big Hero 6
Captain America- Avengers: Age Of Ultron
Eggsy- Kingsman
Furiosa- Mad Max: Fury Road
Katniss- Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2
Owen (Chris Pratt)- Jurassic World
Rey- Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Interesting category as we see some obvious nominations sneak in with some characters I thought would be getting in (Han Solo, Joy in Inside Out etc) missing out! So let's start with the obvious ones: Jennifer Lawrence continued to slay as Katniss, Daisy Ridley was incredible as Rey in the new Star Wars and Furiosa is loved as hell by nearly everyone. Chris Pratt gets in for his lead in Jurassic World and Taron Egerton's Eggsy in Kingsman also isn't too big of a shock considering the fanbase the movie has on Buzzjack! Though I'm surprised that Baymax got in for Big Hero 6 when no characters from the more popular Inside Out missed out! And an even bigger shock is Captain America getting in for Avengers 2 when the likes of Iron Man/Hulk/Black Widow etc got no nominations! Though Chris seems to have a popular fanbase as I can reveal now that Chris Evans only just missed out on a best actor nomination for Avengers 2!

Next up will be the 2nd Best Picture nominee and the Best Script category and then we will take a break till 8pm when hopefully more people will have turned up by then and commented and joined in heart.gif , predictions?

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 13th February 2016, 07:31 PM
Post #18
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST PICTURE NOMINEE #2- MAD MAX: FURY ROAD

Nominees So Far:
- Brooklyn
- Mad Max: Fury Road

Next up is Mad Max: Fury Road which got incredible reviews on release and became a big favourite along movie fans everywhere! The movie has held up its hype the entire year and also got nominated for Best Picture at the real Oscars, how many Oscar Best Picture nominees are we going to have nominated here tonight?
The next category is Best Script, predictions?

+Quote this post
lotita
post 13th February 2016, 07:32 PM
Post #19
Group icon
feminist icon

YAS AT ELLIE GOULDING AND KATNISS & OWEN wub.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 13th February 2016, 07:33 PM
Post #20
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

I'm going to break now as no-one seems to be around! Hopefully more people are here at 8 so this can be more how I imagined it with quite a lot of comments and predictions and communication with each other to make it more fun than just me listing every category basically to myself kink.gif

See you at 8 and hopefully more of you are here then heart.gif

+Quote this post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 11:59 PM