BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Steps next in line to Reunite for a tour?, DON'T WASTE THIS PRECIOUS TIME, SAY YOU'LL BE MINE!
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 1st April 2009, 02:54 AM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

We’ve had Boyzone and (of course) Take That - could the next pop stars to make a comeback be cheesy dance act Steps?

The teen favourites sold an incredible 15 million records from 1997 to 2002 and enjoyed an amazing run of 14 consecutive top ten singles – something which hadn’t been achieved since the Beatles racked up their hits in the 1960s.

The five piece act called it a day in 2002 and left the charts, seemingly forever. But now it has been revealed that the band has been offered big money to reform for a reunion tour.

However former Steps member Lee Latchford Evans said he couldn’t see the reunion happening - just yet.

Lee, who is now working as an actor and has just appeared as a murderous gangland thug in indie British action film Ten Dead Men – out on DVD May 25 – said a future re-union was definitely a possibility.

He said: 'We all had a fabulous time in Steps and the success we had all over the world was amazing.

'There have been some offers put to us to get back together and do a tour but it isn’t the right time right now.

'We are all older, the girls are married and having children, we are all really busy doing other things.

'I am enjoying getting away from the cheesy pop image with my acting. I have just played the part of an alcoholic, gambling addicted thug in a movie called Ten Dead Men and it was brilliant - about as far away from my image in Steps as you can get.

'Steps was light hearted, bubble gum, cheesy pop so playing the part of gangster was certainly a departure for me.

'I’m heavily into fitness and don’t really drink so it was great to play a part that was so dark and sinister, so different to my own character and from what I’ve done in the past.

'But Steps is something I’m also very proud of. We are all still friends and get along fine so a re-union is something I don’t rule out. I just can’t see it happening right now. Never say never though.'

Lee’s new movie includes stunning action sequences choreographed by the highly sought after Jude Poyer who has worked on countless Hong Kong martial arts films, as well as blockbusters such as 'The Da Vinci Code’ and ’28 Weeks Later’.

Lee plays a character called Harris – a nasty piece of work who ends up getting murdered in the movie. For Lee, making the film was a return to acting, something he did a great deal before joining Steps in 1997.

He said: 'The hardest part was playing dead because one of the crew kept walking past my line of vision and I had to concentrate not to follow him with my eyes.

'I’m really pleased with the movie and with my part in it. It’s important in this business to be versatile and acting is another string to my bow.

'I think the film definitely has the shock factor and I think people will see me in it and think, is that really Lee from Steps? It’s a good shock factor.'

Source: www.music-news.com
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
MelissaSaturday
post 1st April 2009, 03:41 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 3,466

hmmmm. interesting.

+Quote this post
Thom Spirit Kay
post 1st April 2009, 08:07 AM
Post #3
Group icon
eat hot chip, be homosexual
User: 6,946

If only this wasn't an April Fool cry.gif

+Quote this post
Matt_James
post 1st April 2009, 06:20 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 3,931

It ll never happen
H and Claire fell out with Lisa and Faye and lee went his own seperate ways

+Quote this post
JamesP
post 1st April 2009, 06:23 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 4,443

ARE.YOU.KIDDING.ME? DONT GET ME EXCITED JON. w00t.gif

+Quote this post
Torple
post 1st April 2009, 06:35 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Ego reputo vos es totus pilosus rectum
User: 35

Dreadful news.

Their comeback will depend on whether they can evolve. Their brand of cheesy pop just wouldn't work these days. Boyzone came back same as before and flopped. Take That however succeeded because they matured their sound.

+Quote this post
Thom Spirit Kay
post 1st April 2009, 07:44 PM
Post #7
Group icon

I am 100% sure this is an April Fool. Nothing to get excited about... (Although you're the fool now Jonjo, because you didn't tell us before 12pm).

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 1st April 2009, 07:47 PM
Post #8
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

QUOTE(NexxTom Kay @ Apr 1 2009, 08:44 PM) *
I am 100% sure this is an April Fool. Nothing to get excited about... (Although you're the fool now Jonjo, because you didn't tell us before 12pm).
A - I posted this early in the morning tongue.gif
B - I do not know if it is an April Fools or not LOL I just saw it on the site (Which I linked you too tongue.gif) and knew there were Steps fans here tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Thom Spirit Kay
post 1st April 2009, 07:50 PM
Post #9
Group icon

Oh well, sorry heehee.gif

I'm still pretty certain. Mostly because the article reads like a 11-year-old's English homework.

+Quote this post
kye
post 1st April 2009, 08:05 PM
Post #10
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169

QUOTE(Matt_James @ Apr 1 2009, 07:20 PM) *
It ll never happen
H and Claire fell out with Lisa and Faye and lee went his own seperate ways

Not true, they reunited at Claire's wedding.
They're all friends again.

I'd LOVE this to happen.

+Quote this post
RyanJL
post 1st April 2009, 08:32 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 6,751

I doubt it will happen sad.gif

Im not that fussed though. I'd much rather a full S Club or B*Witched reunion cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Aled.
post 2nd April 2009, 02:55 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 4,254

Please, just no. It should never be allowed to happen.

+Quote this post

This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 1st June 2024, 01:42 PM