BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
27 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Séyetana National Thread, shadow
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Iz 🌟
post Nov 10 2012, 01:57 PM
Post #41
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929
   No Gallery Pics

50th contest approaches, pressure is on

With the lineup for BJSC's landmark 50th contest being held in Fljótavík revealed last night, Séyetana's entry to the contest was revealed in the form of electro songwriter and former singer for Groove Armada - Saint Saviour. Appearing in the contest once before for that band, this is her first outing solo. It also marks the first time we have sent any nationality of singer other than Swedish or Kiwi since XLIV. As she is British, extending the metaphor further, the last time we sent any non-British/Kiwi/Swedish artist was in XLII. I like these countries.

The Rain Falls On The Just was the best track that stood out to me after listening to a number of good tracks so I'm hoping for success, we shall see though.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Qween
post Nov 10 2012, 02:16 PM
Post #42
Schlagerdrottningen
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

ALTYR APPROVES

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Nov 26 2012, 09:02 PM
Post #43
   No Gallery Pics

END OF 2012

So, the end of the year has come, we've had 1 top 3 and two more DNQs added to our tally as well as filling up midtable where needed, and it's been a rather good year. Starting off with a top 10, floundering a bit before getting another strong 13th, suffering a DNQ before coming back STRONGLY for 3rd and then 10th the following month - before an AWFUL DNQ to finish things off - nothing less than REJECTS VICTORY will suffice now, and we have finished into lucky 13th for the year.

True evaluation of our prowess will be confirmed in December's The Best Of and The Best Of: The Rejects - all booked for primetime slots on SBT. Following that, I'm going to attempt a review of the year - something to blow Persephonia's news bulletins out of the water. They aren't particularly good anyway so that shouldn't be too hard, eh, eh, eh?

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Jan 7 2013, 12:20 PM
Post #44
Hello?
Group: Members
Member No.: 116
   No Gallery Pics

Love Stuck is playing in Superdrug as I type! What. The. f***. ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
p a v
post Jan 7 2013, 01:24 PM
Post #45
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
Member No.: 4,397

'I am in everyone'

EWWW.

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Jan 7 2013, 01:54 PM
Post #46
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Jan 7 2013, 12:20 PM) *
Love Stuck is playing in Superdrug as I type! What. The. f***. ohmy.gif

*.*

I wish I was there!

QUOTE(パーベル @ Jan 7 2013, 01:24 PM) *
'I am in everyone'

EWWW.

That's Saint Slayviour (ready to take the Rejects crown soon) talking. Slut. (wub.gif)

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Jan 31 2013, 11:15 PM
Post #47
   No Gallery Pics

Sky looks bright for LI

Many TBO competitions and an 18th or so place finish for Saint Saviour in the one final we made, we're back for 2013 and we resume normal programming with our favourite song of the year so far, British singer-songwriter Katie Sky with her song Only You. Entered once before by Ramrynia in the 40th contest, this marks our fifth recycle and second 'full' recycle out of our 14 entries so far. There was no other really. Only You gives me such a fantastic feeling when listening to it, everyone has to know about it, so one could say hopes are high for this and we're chasing a good finish for the first contest of the year.

It can be found in the depths of semi 2, so if you have love within your heart, vote for it and send it through. happy.gif I don't think I could handle two DNQs in a row. *prepares for worst*

(omg BJSC's back)

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Mar 11 2013, 09:23 PM
Post #48
   No Gallery Pics

Jannika B to represent Finn Séyetana

About time we went back to one of our favourite countries for music. Notable Finnish pop singer with the hairstyle sense of Ruby Frost (Amelia Lily hu?) Jannika B has entered her heart-wrenching tribute to Ostrobothnia (in mid-Finland) for BJSC LII. A string-laden ballad, we wish it the best of luck and hope for the best (or a qualification, whichever's more likely). We believe in you Jannika (and hope you aren't sick of me looning about it yet)! Good luck to everyone who has a nice song.

Also done a little bit of tweaking to the front page if you're interested in that stuff.

On another note, with Daehun's submission of B.A.P with One Shot to the contest, the Séyetan Commission believes they are now the only long-running nation to have never entered a song with a male on lead vocals. This disclaimer is just to make sure you know we are not sexist and will enter one of these as soon as we love one enough to send.

+Quote Post
Brer
post Mar 11 2013, 09:59 PM
Post #49
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

Persephonia is SURROUNDED BY SEXISTS argh. Thank the Lord for Caerfyrddia.

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Mar 28 2013, 02:59 PM
Post #50
   No Gallery Pics

Séyetan National Final

Séyetana plans to launch a comeback for LIII and as such we have opened up communications with anyone who will listen. Now a small final is being run with several candidates in the running to get that coveted spot in BJSC as the entrant of the best country in the world. Applications are still open to new amazing entries but here are the current contenders in the run-up to the final choice by the juries. We're just making this slightly public.

The four candidates are:

Nightbox - Burning

A dance-punk single from a Canadian-Irish band, it's making waves in Séyetan blogs as a new sound that might be appreciated in the nation. Comparisons have been made to 'Bastille with a bit of spice'.

Rania - Just Go

The K-Pop and 'generic pop' choice for this final, it has a lot of energy to it and is not a million miles away from a pop song in the charts that also happens to have Korean in it.

The Colourist - Little Games

An delightful indie-rock number with some talented production, it has a fantastic chorus along with some chords that'll instantly grab your attention.

Torqux (feat. Lady Leshurr) - Blazin'

This might be a little different but it's a clone of Azealia Banks rapping as fast as possible and that's gotta be good, right?

~

Comments from international delegations are welcomed and encouraged and the panel may take them into account when choosing the final entry. happy.gif

+Quote Post
Oricon
post Mar 28 2013, 03:28 PM
Post #51
bye dinner
Member No.: 12,972

Why is RaNia in here!? And have you checked the English version yet? biggrin.gif

PICK RANIA.

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Mar 29 2013, 01:20 AM
Post #52
   No Gallery Pics

I have. It doesn't make much difference so I'm not sure which I prefer. Rania is just a K-Pop girl group that hasn't been whored across BJSC yet and they have a good song! biggrin.gif

Honestly though, listening to all four of these, there isn't a clear winner for me to pick and I feel like all could do well. I hope I have a better idea by the time confirmation opens.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Mar 30 2013, 09:42 AM
Post #53
Bitch of t seet
Member No.: 16,660

1 Not entirely my style, but I can see people liking this
2 For a K-pop song, this is quite great!
3 Not a fan of this tbh
4 OMG I actually love this!

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Apr 15 2013, 05:36 PM
Post #54
   No Gallery Pics

San Fermin - Sonsick

So instead of any of that lot, thanks for your opinions but in the end it was decided that I didn't love anything from there quite enough, I decided to instead go for a two-month old backup that has suddenly regrown on me (partly by including it in my CD ssh).

A glorious mix of electronics and gorgeous vocals, we hope to get back into the final with this. As we do with all entries. Not a CLUE whose support I can count on for this though, I just hope it grows quickly.

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post May 13 2013, 08:20 AM
Post #55
   No Gallery Pics

Amaranthe to pop-metal this contest up a notch

Following the upsetting but tolerable DNQ of Jannika B and the totally unacceptable DNQ of San Fermin last month, Séyetana have come out this month with all guns blazing. Almost literally, as most Amaranthe videos that are not Amaranthine seem to take place in the world of Call Of Duty.

Amaranthe are already by far the highest-selling debut group of 2013 in Séyetana, as both of their albums were released here last week to record-breaking sales. Amaranthine itself sits at #1 atop the Séyetan chart; being the fastest-selling #1 of 2013 so far when it was released last week. I'm not understating how much I love this, and I hope you all like.

It's also the first time we've entered a song where there are male lead vocals. Getting that pride.

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Jun 12 2013, 04:11 PM
Post #56
   No Gallery Pics

Séyetana's entry to contest LV has been provided by in all likelihood the most kickass Korean cutie ever to grace the contest, she may look delicate in her music video, but Z.Hera is a former martial artist, and she's branching out into a career in pop. *.*

Her track 'Peacock' continues our theme of song titles that don't really have a clear meaning. The song is nothing to do with peacocks, nor does it mention one in the lyrics. As her debut, it's taking from her name. Hera was the queen of the Greek gods, and one of her symbols was a peacock. CONNECTIONS. #classicsgeekery

Anyway, it's a very cute K-Pop track, which I have sent the English version of as it's a lot better (a rarity in K-Pop, she's actually very good at English). Hey, at least I can say I've sent a K-pop track now.

Video below:

2 qualifications in a row please.

+Quote Post
Oricon
post Jun 12 2013, 04:51 PM
Post #57
bye dinner
Member No.: 12,972

THIS IS VERY GOOD BY THE WAY.

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Jul 21 2013, 09:06 PM
Post #58
   No Gallery Pics

Double update as I can't let this die (or can I? Nah..)

In BJFestivalen Séyetana has breezed through to the final with our fantastic indie-rock song Little Games by The Colourist (which the more eagle-eyed among you will remember was tried out for BJSC LIII before deciding upon San Fermin). The final is currently taking place and so we urge you all to vote for them, if only to defy the odds and let the underdog do well. We should win tbh but we won't. Nonetheless it is a very excellent final so whoever takes the BJFestivalen crown we will be happy with.

-x-

As for Tonight Alive in BJSC LVI... We've qualified for only the third time this year. PARTY TIME. biggrin.gif Now to get our first win finish in the top 20.

And no, our song is not about a period. Those Youtube commenters should stop spreading vicious lies. mad.gif

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Aug 11 2013, 10:43 AM
Post #59
   No Gallery Pics

Echosmith for LVII

After much internal deliberating over Séyetana's entry for the current contest, it was decided that they would send one of the three songs put out by new sibling pop-rock band Echosmith as a 'Summer Sampler' for their new album Talking Dreams. 'Come Together' received the best reaction of the three from the committee, and indeed had been on the watchlist for a couple of months. It's a pop-rock anthem described by one uncited reviewer as a cross between Paramore and Taylor Swift. So not massively outside my comfort zone, heh. Echosmith were the opening act for the latest album tour of an act revered in Séyetana, Owl City, and so there is much goodwill going from us to them. They also recently opened for Twenty One Pilots and Neon Trees. Hopefully they'll get out of semi 2 and do us proud.

Official video below:

+Quote Post
Brer
post Aug 11 2013, 01:57 PM
Post #60
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

I thought you weren't allowed to send the same artist 2 contests in a row?

+Quote Post

27 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:14 PM