BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Aston Merrygold - Showstopper, 1st album | 4th December (Aus)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
ThePensmith
post May 27 2015, 07:54 AM
Post #1
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208
From OfficialCharts.com - confirms a few of the song titles and also who's he worked with:

Aston Merrygold has premiered the video for his new single Get Stupid. The track will be the singer’s first solo release since JLS’ split last April.

Co-written by Karen Poole and Sonny J. Mason, Get Stupid will be the first single lifted from Merrygold’s debut solo album Show Stopper.

“Get Stupid is a phrase that people are going to hear and at first not really understand it,” explains Merrygold.

“In my thinking get stupid means be free, get loose and when five o’clock hits and people are finishing work, it’s time to get stupid and let your hair down. That’s when a lot of people come alive.”

Show Stopper will also feature tracks titled 'Show Me', 'You, Me and The Moon', 'One Night In Paris' and 'American Girls'.

Get Stupid is set for UK release on July 17, while Show Stopper will follow in October.

This post has been edited by ThePensmith: Nov 1 2015, 07:48 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post Nov 1 2015, 07:49 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Album's released 4th December down under: https://itunes.apple.com/au/album/showstopper/id1054015854

Official cover:

+Quote this post
Hayzayy
post Nov 2 2015, 04:10 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Who's Daniel btw ?
User: 1,804
I can't help but laugh at that album cover laugh.gif laugh.gif
I have maanged to escape everything regarding his solo "career" and I'll happily skip the new single as well.

This post has been edited by Hayzayy: Nov 2 2015, 04:10 PM

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Nov 2 2015, 09:05 PM
Post #4
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
Get Stupid wasn't bad, I may check out the album at some point ~

That cover though, how DREADFUL.

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post Mar 26 2016, 10:16 PM
Post #5
Group icon
It looks as if Warner Music have dropped him going on recent comments he's made to fans on social media.

Surprising? No. Disappointing? Most certainly. His exact words were 'label politics are preventing things happening but watch this space'.

It looks as if when we get the album that most of it will be scrapped as he's been working with new producers in the last month.

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post Mar 26 2016, 10:18 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031
Get stupid was really bad. The album cover is terrible too. Even if the album gets released, he won't do well so dropping him might be the best option.

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post Mar 26 2016, 10:24 PM
Post #7
Group icon
It's funny the whole way round really TBH. The few tracks I heard from the album sampler were really promising - if not even better tham 'Get Stupid'.

One could argue it was down to formerly being in JLS that no one - radio mostly - would touch him with a barge pole but Marvin's done very well moving into DJ'ing with LuvBug and his Capital show and hosting The Voice/This Morning.

I just do not get it. More so because Nathan Sykes has only got lucky being on a label that has autonomy with the Global Radio network (as he did being in The Wanted) and even then he's just had the one hit thus far.

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post Mar 27 2016, 10:27 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031
Being in a relatively successful band and then going solo doesn't necessarily guarantee success these days. I remember Gary Barlow doing semi ok with his first solo album but the second one stalled. For Marvin, it was always going to be harder going solo on the back of JLS being on a big decline. His solo first single didn't help as it was shockingly bad, even Nathan Skyes first song was better but it wasn't great still.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:54 PM