BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> R&B & Hip-Hop · NEWS, Kali Uchis X Don Toliver, Nicki Minaj news
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
G R ‽ F F
post Apr 15 2014, 04:46 PM
Post #21
Guests

sad.gif

He may have written the happiest song of the year, but Pharrell Williams was reduced to tears during his interview with Oprah Winfrey.

The Happy singer sat down with the talk show host for an upcoming episode of Oprah Prime on her OWN Network, and was moved by a video shown to him of people dancing to his chart-topping song.

‘Why am I crying on Oprah?’ Pharrell said through tears as he was overcome with emotion

‘It’s overwhelming because I love what I do and I just appreciate the fact that people have believed in me for so long that I could make it to this point, and feel, to feel that.’

With some encouraging words from Oprah, Pharrell, 41, was also shown some pictures from his childhood.

During the interview, Williams – wearing one of his many distinctive Vivienne Westwood hats - discussed his rise to fame, his song-writing process and the music that influenced him to become a seven-time Grammy winning recording artist and producer.

‘My best songs come from two different ways,’ he says. ‘Either when I have a really good gut feeling about something, it's written in the shower or on a plane.’

‘Shower's good, isn't it?’ Oprah says. ‘There's something about the water.’

‘The water attracts your ear,’ he says. ‘You get distracted, and your mind wanders.’

But for his Despicable Me 2 song, Pharrell called it a ‘crazy, half-court shot.’

‘It's not because you're that good,’ Williams says. ‘It's because you're out of ideas.'

The interview also saw Pharrell talk about his critically-acclaimed new album ‘G I R L’, and his wedding last year to model and designer Helen Lasichanh.

But over the weekend, he was in Indio, California to perform at Coachella 2014, where he reminded the audience of just how many hit songs he’s been behind.

P Coachella 1 by YardieGoalsHe brought out Nelly for Hot In Herre, Snoop Dogg for Drop It Like It’s Hot, Gwen Stefani for Hollaback Girl, and Busta Rhymes for Pass The Courvoisier.

Some of the tracks were produced by Williams and Chad Hugo who made up the record production duo The Neptunes.

But Pharrell wasn’t too happy with the dust and wind experienced at Coachella as he told the packed crowd, ‘I wanted this s*** to be so much hotter but the dust and this f***ing wind…,’ according to The Guardian.

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jmmc
post Apr 15 2014, 09:37 PM
Post #22
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 8,097
   No Gallery Pics

Diddy needs to quit being an artist and let Cassie finally release her sophomore album (!!!) with the (obviously huge) promo campaign he will probably get for his project. Going by her mixtape last year it would probably get WAY more people interested and we'd be blessed with MUCH better material out of it.

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post May 12 2014, 04:55 PM
Post #23
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,007

Jay Z physically attacked by Solange Knowles

Jay Z was ferociously assaulted by Beyonce's sister Solange ... who was wildly kicking and swinging at him inside an elevator ... and the attack was captured on surveillance video ... obtained by TMZ.

According to our sources, it all went down at a Met Gala after party last week at the Standard Hotel in NYC. In the video ... Jay Z, Beyonce and Solange step into the elevator ... and then Solange goes crazy, screaming at Jay before unleashing a violent attack.

A large man -- who appears to be a bodyguard -- attempts to hold Solange back, but she manages to connect at least 3 times. At one point Solange throws a kick and Jay grabs her foot, but never attempts to strike her. Beyonce stands by without getting physically involved.

It's unclear what triggered the fight.

And this is interesting. When you look closely, you see the bodyguard hit the emergency stop switch on the 12th floor -- mid fight -- presumably to keep the fight private.

All three walked out of the building together -- Solange looks pissed -- but while Bey and Solange get in one car ... security walks Jay to a different one.

Video: http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/12/jay-z-solang...yonce-met-gala/

unsure.gif

I really don't get it... And more importantly can she just make the album already!?

+Quote Post
THE GRIFF
post May 12 2014, 04:56 PM
Post #24
Guests

I'm really upset by all of this

+Quote Post
April
post May 13 2014, 09:19 AM
Post #25
changed the game with that digital drop
Member No.: 11,905

Basically Solange wanted to open for Jay & Beyonce's joint tour. But Jay Z was like 'hellll no! you don't even got no hits bitch'. Then she went all kung fu on his ass.

That's my theory anyway! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Riser
post May 26 2014, 03:22 PM
Post #26
The horrors persist, but so do I
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19,534

Ciara has given birth to her son

She and her fiance Future have named him...Future.

+Quote Post
Theonix
post May 26 2014, 09:46 PM
Post #27
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Member No.: 8,661

Heavy baby.

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post May 26 2014, 09:51 PM
Post #28
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 223

I cannot at Ciara naming her baby Future laugh.gif.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Jun 17 2014, 01:31 AM
Post #29

Eve is married!

Her husband is fashion designer Maximillion Cooper. The wedding took place on Saturday in Ibiza.

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Jun 19 2014, 09:52 PM
Post #30

Kelly Rowland has taken to Instagram to post a picture of herself sporting a pregnancy bump! The father is Tim Witherspoon, her manager, whom she married last month in Costa Rica:

This post has been edited by THEO.: Jun 19 2014, 09:52 PM

+Quote Post
GRIFF
post Jul 5 2014, 04:51 PM
Post #31
Guests

+Quote Post
April
post Aug 4 2014, 11:07 PM
Post #32

http://www.atrilli.net/2014/08/04/beyonce-...awless-remix-3/

HOWLING. Lil Kim's ruined any credibility she had remaining. She needs to stop taking tips from Azealia Banks.

rotf.gif rotf.gif rotf.gif rotf.gif

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Aug 6 2014, 10:25 PM
Post #33
BuzzJack Legend

I just cant at her anymore. How embarrasing.

+Quote Post
April
post Aug 6 2014, 10:29 PM
Post #34

I feel sorry for her daughter. Who would want a mum like that? She also called her Royal Reign. What is Lil Kim doing with her life, seriously?

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Aug 6 2014, 10:32 PM
Post #35
BuzzJack Legend

I just dont get it, all Nicki did was make Stupid Hoe which didnt even comment on her DIRECTLY. It is like she is mad because she had all these ideas and songs similar to Nicki and she never experienced the same level of success. Instead of being bitter, just make good music again and get people to notice you in a less embarrasing way.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 6 2014, 10:33 PM
Post #36
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

She is just horrifically bitter, she thinks she has to be the first and only female rapper ever, so much second hand embarrassment. I thought the Black Friday mixtape thing was her lowest ebb! I don't even remember any of her songs except for of course Lady Marmalade, that one with Keyshia Cole and Can't Hold Us Down and they were obviously collabs laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cremey
post Aug 6 2014, 11:09 PM
Post #37
on a bench in coney island
Member No.: 4,089
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Liаm @ Aug 6 2014, 11:33 PM) *
She is just horrifically bitter, she thinks she has to be the first and only female rapper ever, so much second hand embarrassment. I thought the Black Friday mixtape thing was her lowest ebb! I don't even remember any of her songs except for of course Lady Marmalade, that one with Keyshia Cole and Can't Hold Us Down and they were obviously collabs laugh.gif

Haha yeah the whole Black Friday thing was the best/worst! That album cover...

+Quote Post
April
post Aug 7 2014, 07:50 PM
Post #38

+Quote Post
Riser
post Aug 24 2014, 03:51 AM
Post #39

Elusive chanteuse Mariah Carey splits with Nick Cannon

The couple calls it quits after six years of marriage. They've separated but no divorce has been confirmed.

sob.gif

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Sep 17 2014, 12:17 PM
Post #40

Kanye West stops concert because kid in wheelchair is not on his feet

Kanye West pretty much guaranteed he won't be getting the Mr. Sensitivity Award this year, after stopping one of his concerts and exhorting two fans to join the crowd standing up — even though one was in a wheelchair and the other had a prosthetic limb.

He's such a jerk. Full article available from The Wrap.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:05 PM