BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)
If you have forgotten your password and a recovery email has not arrived, please click here to send us an email.

> 
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Survivor UK, BBC One | 2023
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Aaron.
post 18th December 2023, 09:50 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

Naurrrr this was rubbish from start to end, including the winner. Chris should have won.
Matthew wasn't a terrible winner, but, he had a lot of fumbles and clearly didn't come to the same heights or challenges Christopher had with his game.
That jury was quite frustrating as well.

Overall, the Merge portion of this season was alright, but I found it difficult to root for anyone except Christopher and Leilani laugh.gif
I did however like the pacing of the episodes, 2x a week worked like a treat. I would welcome a second season with better casting and better hosting (even if it is from Joel).

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 19th December 2023, 01:20 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 21st December 2023, 12:02 PM
Post #42
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

I rather enjoyed this all the way through, I think because I've not seen more than an episode or odd clip of any other Survivor series, so I had nothing to compare it to and the challenges were all fresh, even if gameplay clearly wasn't the best.

I'm not mad about Matthew winning, he was my second choice out of the top 5 and it sounded like an impressive stat that the person he voted for always ended up leaving, but I think he was guided by Christopher at times and Christopher definitely deserved more than just one vote (and to get the same number of votes as Leilani - Tinuke can get in the bin for that)

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 27th December 2023, 06:23 PM
Post #43
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

One of the worst ever seasons of Survivor I watched. Even worse than New Zealand's one. Bad host, bad editing, dull cast. Chris winning would've been a positive. I don't think I'll remember anyone else from this apart from maybe him. Lee straight up lied at the final tribal council trash talking Chris, what a prick.

+Quote this post
troylovesmusic
post 29th December 2023, 12:26 AM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,179

Just caught up with this . Matthew was an ok winner but Chris definitely deserved the win . He played the best game by far and was the most entertaining. It’s quite frustrating that the jury decides the win is that how it’s normally decided with other Survivors?

Lee is terrible and I hate how he pretty much threw he toys out the pram and sabotaged both Chris and Ashleigh as what they said about what he was doing was pretty much accurate . He then straight lied about saying he wanted an all male alliance at the final jury vote and he knew the majority would believe him over Chris .

I do hope it’s back for another series but I think they definitely need to make a few tweaks in the format if it does comeback for Series 2 !

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 29th December 2023, 01:05 AM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(troylovesmusic @ Dec 29 2023, 01:26 AM) *
Just caught up with this . Matthew was an ok winner but Chris definitely deserved the win . He played the best game by far and was the most entertaining. It’s quite frustrating that the jury decides the win is that how it’s normally decided with other Survivors?

Yes, however I would say 99.9% of the time, for Survivor at least, the Jury winner process is usually quite fair and exciting.
This probably will go down as one of the worst Juries of all time, especially an outright lie having such a big influence on the outcome. We have definitely had bitter juries before, but this was just disappointing and definitely a one off.

+Quote this post
troylovesmusic
post 29th December 2023, 01:31 AM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,179

QUOTE(Aaron. @ Dec 29 2023, 01:05 AM) *
Yes, however I would say 99.9% of the time, for Survivor at least, the Jury winner process is usually quite fair and exciting.
This probably will go down as one of the worst Juries of all time, especially an outright lie having such a big influence on the outcome. We have definitely had bitter juries before, but this was just disappointing and definitely a one off.

I see. I reckon it’s another case of UK people not treating a reality tv game show like a game show and being too sensitive as usual . If it was a US version hypothetically , I could have seen them appreciating how Chris played the game and potentially would have won .

This post has been edited by troylovesmusic: 29th December 2023, 01:41 AM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 29th December 2023, 09:44 AM
Post #47
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Yeah I think so, Matthew was an alright winner but for only Ashleigh to vote Christopher was absolutely ridiculous! I suppose there’s no precedent, and there is a British attitude of “game playing” being some kind of evil thing that should never be rewarded. But then we had Tinuke who stated she’s a superfan in the pre-show interview and then voted Leilani to win?! I suppose it’s different when you’re actually in the situation and playing the game but you’d think someone who had seen Survivor and appreciated the show would notice that Christopher actually played and was basically the only one who did fully. I think the jury is the fairest way to do a game like this for sure as long as they aren’t bitter at the end, which usually doesn’t happen as Aaron said!

+Quote this post
Calum
post 29th December 2023, 05:53 PM
Post #48
Group icon
nabad
User: 18,316

Tinuke was never going to vote for a man to win, so I wasn't surprised she voted Leilani at all. She was so wrapped up in disbelief that she was played at her own game that she just couldn't let it sink in and appreciate good gameplay. Unlike Doug for example who commended good gameplay at every opportunity.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 29th December 2023, 06:57 PM
Post #49
Group icon
sick nasty
User: 13,530

Having never seen a season of Survivor before, I enjoyed this one, but it's clear it has a lot of room for improvements, notably in the gameplay department. Christopher made the biggest moves but was messy in his execution of them I thought, so Matthew felt like a pretty good winner in making fewer (but still significant) moves while creating fewer enemies. The social aspect is a part of it and that's where Chris fell down for me. Leilani was mother but I'm not even sure she deserved Tinuke's bitter vote really xx

Having said that, the bitter jury was irritating, none more so than Lee who told blatant lies. Nathan showed them how it was done, voting for Matty in spite of the fact that Matty's blindside of Tinuke was directly what led to Nathan's elimination.

I hope it gets recommissioned for another series (applications are open for a "potential" second series) cause I think it has potential to be even better. Also, as someone who's seen Joel on a few shows now, I actually really liked him here. He dialled down the cheesiness from The Masked Singer to suit the tone and did a good job imo!

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 29th December 2023, 10:38 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

I just finished watching this and have to say I was gutted for Chris not winning at the end I thought he totally deserved it since he made alliances, broke alliances up, won challenges and got immunity, survived against all odds.... basically he played the game to the max and was a survivor from the moment Lee turned on him and tried to get him out, He was the target and turned it round every time. Matty was ok as a winner but he only turned because Chris convinced him to so really it was Christopher's game for me.

Lee was such a bitter angry pathetic loser, he blatently lied and said that Chris was a liar for saying he wanted an all male final, which he said SEVERAL times. Really annoyed me that nobody called him out on that as Pegleg and Dough both knew he said it too. Tinuke was also pathetic with her vote as it was blatently obvious Lelani was carried throughout the whole game, as she said herself, her only major move took place in that last week against Hannah (who also was carried all the way to that point).

I loved the show the only thing that annoyed me was how pathetic people were when they found out others were plotting against them when THEY WERE DOING THE SAME THING. Pot comes to mind a lot. Doug was brilliant he commended them for playing the game properly.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 29th December 2023, 10:49 PM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Liаm @ Dec 3 2023, 11:50 PM) *
Leilani SCREAMS 3rd place with 0 votes “goat” archetype who just ambles along bc nobody will bother to target her, mother x

You almost called it but she got one vote (f*** knows why) lol laugh.gif

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 29th December 2023, 11:03 PM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(troylovesmusic @ Dec 29 2023, 12:26 AM) *
Lee is terrible and I hate how he pretty much threw he toys out the pram and sabotaged both Chris and Ashleigh as what they said about what he was doing was pretty much accurate . He then straight lied about saying he wanted an all male alliance at the final jury vote and he knew the majority would believe him over Chris .

I really feel lying from the jury at this stage should not be allowed and that there should be some intervention from the host or the tv team to say "that isn't true we have video recordings of you saying it plenty of times" maybe even show it to the contestants. I was shouting at the TV "you bitter bitter liar!" (made for good TV though I guess lol)

This post has been edited by spiceboy: 29th December 2023, 11:04 PM

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 2nd August 2024, 03:49 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Officially Cancelled per Daily Mail.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 2nd August 2024, 03:55 PM
Post #54
Group icon
nabad
User: 18,316

Shame sad.gif with some tweaks I think they could've made a success of it, but meh the British public are so offended by gameplay in shows anyway (see The Traitors) so bittersweet I guess laugh.gif

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th September 2024, 11:14 PM