BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
78 Pages V  « < 63 64 65 66 67 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> The lovely discussion of all things EU and/or Brexit, Part V
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jester
post Jun 13 2019, 04:57 PM
Post #1281
Right in front of my salad?!
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12

QUOTE(PeaceMob @ Jun 13 2019, 05:53 PM) *
Is this your level of debate. I do know what I'm talking about, do you?

Oh yes. I have researched what the WTO alone without a trade deal with our closest neighbours will mean for the country. Have you?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Jun 13 2019, 04:58 PM
Post #1282
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(PeaceMob @ Jun 13 2019, 05:23 PM) *
Don't patronise me. Almost every country except countries like North Korea are in the World Trade Organisation.

That puts you on the same wavelength as North Korea.

But they don't trade purely on WTO rules for the simple reason that they are shit.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Jun 13 2019, 06:19 PM
Post #1283
Bitch of t seet
Group: Members
Member No.: 16,660

QUOTE(PeaceMob @ Jun 13 2019, 04:57 PM) *
"Have I heard of trade deals". "Trade deals take ages".

Lord, give me strength. rolleyes.gif

You're gonna need it once you leave with no dea so you better start praying to the lord

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Jun 13 2019, 06:26 PM
Post #1284
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(PeaceMob @ Jun 13 2019, 05:53 PM) *
Is this your level of debate. I do know what I'm talking about, do you?

Be careful or he'll ignore you like he does me now. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Jun 13 2019, 06:40 PM
Post #1285
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

it doesn’t matter that we’ll be one of the only countries in the world to operate solely on WTO because everyone wants our cars that are relocating to other countries and our steel that is closing down

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Jun 13 2019, 06:47 PM
Post #1286
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

...not to mention all those lovely Brexit-supporting rich tossers who have now buggered off abroad with their businesses. Hello Mr Dyson! When you said you had a load of windbag-free vacuum suckers to sell, bet no Brexiteers thought you meant them....

Carrot.

+Quote Post
Jester
post Jun 13 2019, 07:14 PM
Post #1287
Right in front of my salad?!
Member No.: 12

QUOTE(Common Sense @ Jun 13 2019, 07:26 PM) *
Be careful or he'll ignore you like he does me now. biggrin.gif

I don’t ignore you Chris?

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Jun 13 2019, 07:48 PM
Post #1288
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

I respect your views PeaceMob but you don't have a clue what you are on about when it comes to WTO, everyone has their own trade agreements are a reason.

Why wouldn't you want to trade with your nearest partners? It's absolute simple economics. I've said it before and I've said it again, as someone who is close to the supply chain of products across multiple catergories, WTO causes extra tariffs both exporting and importing. The simple thing for many businesses is just to change the supply chain of products through countries that are less of an adminsitrational nightmare.

There is a big reason why so many businesses have massive injuctions placed on them and why they are going through agencies to try and ramp pressure on MPs. Costs are going to to up for them and I'll tell you now the increased costs will go on to the consumer. If you can't see what the ultimate end goal of that is then more the fool you, I hope you're one of the lucky ones that won't be effected either by having less disposeable income or losing your job.

If you think that is a good idea then you're just blind mad.

+Quote Post
Harve
post Jun 13 2019, 08:40 PM
Post #1289
Cœur poids plume
Member No.: 4,718
   No Gallery Pics

While we're on the topic, should we also bring up and thoroughly debunk WTO Article 24 before PeaceMob has the chance to grab it from some dodgy BrexitCentral article that presents it as a deus ex machina.

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Jun 13 2019, 08:51 PM
Post #1290
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jester @ Jun 13 2019, 08:14 PM) *
I don’t ignore you Chris?

Oh sorry, meant that Mald guy. Got mixed up.

+Quote Post
Silas
post Jun 13 2019, 08:53 PM
Post #1291
Queen of Soon
Member No.: 3,474

Think he’d need to have heard of article 24 to bring it up and I think he’s demonstrating with spectacular results that his knowledge about the WTO is strictly limited to the acronym

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Jun 13 2019, 08:54 PM
Post #1292
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

The Leave campaign kept banging on about how the EU was undemocratic. I'd love to hear them explain how the WTO is more democratic than the EU.

+Quote Post
mald487
post Jun 14 2019, 07:23 AM
Post #1293
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 19,091
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Common Sense @ Jun 13 2019, 08:51 PM) *
Oh sorry, meant that Mald guy. Got mixed up.

Ignore you? I call you out on most of the b****** you post on here. You on the other hand constantly ignore me and other people, and simply slither away back to your hole when you realize you are wrong.

So yeah, you can stop that right now.

This post has been edited by mald487: Jun 14 2019, 07:24 AM

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Jun 24 2019, 07:37 AM
Post #1294
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Cricket legend Geoff Boycott has just given his views on ITV. He says it'll be fine if we leave with no deal as we should now as we're a great spirited country who came through two world wars. Countries like India, China and the US are queuing up to trade with us so we'll be fine. Well said Geoff. Telling it like it is.

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Jun 24 2019, 07:53 AM
Post #1295
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48740231

Nick Clegg has said that there is 'no evidence' of Russian interference in Brexit vote.

Worth also reminding everyone that Nick Clegg (not Cameron) was the first party leader to promise an EU in/out referendum. Yes, the Lib Dems everyone. The democratic bit is applicable only if the answer they get is the one they want.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Jun 24 2019, 08:11 AM
Post #1296
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Common Sense @ Jun 24 2019, 08:37 AM) *
Cricket legend Geoff Boycott has just given his views on ITV. He says it'll be fine if we leave with no deal as we should now as we're a great spirited country who came through two world wars. Countries like India, China and the US are queuing up to trade with us so we'll be fine. Well said Geoff. Telling it like it is.

Geoff's an idiot. We already trade with them on very good terms. Without the EU to back us up we will get terrible deals cos we have less clout. I think Trump has already made that clear, as have India who want access to our immigration quotas as part of a deal. China wants to have their firms running our mobile network which will leave us at their mercy, and all of them are busy buying up everything they can, and getting more contracts and power is their aim.

Funny old world where idiots are blind to what is happening cos it means they get something that will solve all the problems caused by British governments, not the EU.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Jun 24 2019, 08:20 AM
Post #1297
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ Jun 24 2019, 08:53 AM) *
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48740231

Nick Clegg has said that there is 'no evidence' of Russian interference in Brexit vote.

Worth also reminding everyone that Nick Clegg (not Cameron) was the first party leader to promise an EU in/out referendum. Yes, the Lib Dems everyone. The democratic bit is applicable only if the answer they get is the one they want.

He doesnt say "no evidence" he says "no significant evidence" - in other words facebook can't state there was no evidence, just that he (who is paid by them) regards it as not significant. Which a) I don't (there is either interference or there isn't, it's not up to Facebook to announce what the scale is) and b) There was plenty of interference in non-Facebook areas, financially and corrupt firms, the FBI are busy trying to interview persons of interest as the links between Brexit and the US election are quite clear, cough, Bannon, cough. Cambridge Anal Lickita led to facebook getting fined half a million for data breaches.

Nick Clegg is not Party Leader and doesn't have anything to do with Party policy. Making statements insinuating the Lib Dems are in some way undemocratic as a result of ignoring the views of a former leader would mean that you agree Corbyn is to blame for the sins of Blair. Or don't democratic policy changes apply to the Labour Party?

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Jun 24 2019, 08:22 AM
Post #1298
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

We didn’t come out of two workd wars alone. We came out of two world wars after being allied with and supported by a number of different countries.

We also came out of the Second World War to continued rationing, the last of which ended in 1954.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Jun 24 2019, 08:26 AM
Post #1299
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Klaus @ Jun 24 2019, 09:22 AM) *
We didn’t come out of two workd wars alone. We came out of two world wars after being allied with and supported by a number of different countries.

We also came out of the Second World War to continued rationing, the last of which ended in 1954.

quite right, and I'd add the people who came through the second world war alive (which millions didn't) voted for the creation of a European Common Market to help avoid it happening again and to help us get back on our economic feet. Not those who had the horror of living through the 80's.

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Jun 24 2019, 09:47 AM
Post #1300
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Here's legend Geoff

https://twitter.com/grahamlithgow/status/1143069121753624578

+Quote Post

78 Pages V  « < 63 64 65 66 67 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:35 PM