BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Lady in the Van, Maggie Smith! *-*
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post 3rd October 2015, 03:39 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

So Maggie Smith plays the cute little old little lady in the van, haven't laughed out loud at a trailer in a long time and this really made me smile too, looks like a really charming little British comedy and I love Maggie Smith so really excited for this!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 3rd October 2015, 05:06 PM
Post #2
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

Yeah I saw the trailer for this before Miss You Already and didn't quite know what to think laugh.gif But early reviews are good so might give it a go when the time comes and hopefully it carries a lot of charm.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 14th November 2015, 08:37 PM
Post #3
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

A charming British comedy, maybe the best jokes were used up in the trailer but there were plenty new laughs too and the film really showed why Maggie Smith is a master of acting, in the comedic and serious scenes. It did get a bit odd and confusing towards the end but I came out smiling.

Seemed very popular too with the audience, loads of laughing out loud and almost sold out screening!

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 17th November 2015, 09:11 PM
Post #4
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

The best jokes might have been in the trailer (I think my favourite is the Virgin Mary being outside the post office) but Mary was such a character, Maggie Smith did a fabulous job. It really shone best when being comedic and I didn't enjoy the serious scenes as much (and the end was a tad odd) but I love these types of British movies to make a change from the Hollywood blockbusters. heart.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 17th November 2015, 10:14 PM
Post #5
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

I really want to catch this at some point, Maggie Smith is stunning in every movie she is in and is one of the best actresses ever in my view heart.gif

+Quote this post
richie
post 18th November 2015, 09:14 AM
Post #6
Group icon
Poet and Storyteller
User: 166

Saw the stage play earlier this year and liked it. Alan Bennett's writing may not be to all tastes though.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 09:26 PM