BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'Gifted' | 2017, Chris Evans, Jenny Slate
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 2nd November 2016, 06:47 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Love these type of indie flicks. '(500) Days Of Summer' is one of my all time faves and Chris Evans is really underappreciated as an actor and this looks like it could be very good!

Pretty much a more serious and adult version of 'Matilda' tbh.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Regina
post 2nd November 2016, 08:55 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

He really needs more credit for his acting. Of all the main Avengers actors I feel he's the best with RDJ (much as he annoys me he's a hell of an actor when he's not playing the same old role). Fab director too. This movie looks great.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 16th June 2017, 10:07 PM
Post #3
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

This was cute! The little girl was actually really good (especially at crying scenes ohmy.gif) and she had some funny moments too, I loved her greeting the teacher when she walks in on her at her home laugh.gif Octavia Spencer remains one of the most vibrant, warmest on-screen actors around too, she just seems SO nice so I'm sad we didn't get more of her. Chris Evans was a great male lead too (yay at the return of the beard too wub.gif). I was shocked at how much of a family drama this turned out being but it was quite emotional in that aspect so I ended up really enjoying it biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 16th June 2017, 11:23 PM
Post #4
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

This was utterly incredible! Will do a proper review some point over the next few days!

+Quote this post
Live&LetDie
post 16th June 2017, 11:37 PM
Post #5
Group icon
New Entry
User: 31,698

I'm very interested to see this one sometime soon. Sounds really good.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 20th June 2017, 09:57 AM
Post #6
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

I enjoyed this more than I expected and Fred is going to go down as one of the best characters of the year tbh.

I felt like it got slightly soap-y towards the end though so I definitely preferred the first half, seeing her in school etc. 'Good morning Miss Stevenson' was such a funny line and it was really sweet seeing her stand up for the other kid and what she said in class following the incident.

+Quote this post
Live&LetDie
post 25th June 2017, 11:38 PM
Post #7
Group icon
New Entry
User: 31,698

I loved it. Some funny moments from early on in the film, including one of my personal favourite parts which was the revealing of the 'special' breakfast. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 22nd April 2018, 02:35 PM
Post #8
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Finally just got around to watching this.

Loved it. Brilliant performances, stunning storytelling and beautiful cinematography. The little girl was great. My only criticism was that there was a bit too much court room drama and I feel like 10 mins of that stuff coulda been edited out and we'd still get the jist of it.

I cried multiple times ��

8 out of 10.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 02:19 PM