BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> *SPOILERS* Girls Aloud: The Girls Aloud Show, Tour | May & June 2024 | Expect Spoilers!
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
kimberley88
post 19th May 2024, 11:55 AM
Post #181
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 10,194

That is fantastic. I wouldn't bother buying them if they was a photocopy of their signatures. Thanks for letting me know.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 19th May 2024, 03:03 PM
Post #182
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

Warning - Long Post Ahead laugh.gif
I’ll use spoiler tags for a few things as the conversation so far has been very light and I don’t want to spoil too much for anyone that may randomly pop into the topic. So enjoy my rambling for the next little bit!

This was my first time ever seeing Girls Aloud live, but I needed it to happen. I’ve been with the group since before they were formed watching clips online of Popstars: The Rivals. I never thought I would ever have a chance to see them live - so when the concerts were announced I JUMPED on it - booking the first four concert dates (Dublin, Belfast). First time in Ireland as well!

Concert 1: the opening night - I was honestly beyond excited. I booked the VIP Standing and it was 10000000000% worth it. The Pit(s) the first night was actually relatively enjoyable. I hate crowded spaces but this was just perfect for the first night. Wasn’t crowded at all and I got right up next to the stage! I got there super early which was worth it.

The opening song Untouchable I was not expecting this to be the opening song - but it was BEYOND perfection because it really brought Sarah in right from the beginning. I racked my brain for weeks figuring out how they would open the show and I was not disappointed. Emotional really.

The rest of the setlist was to be expected, a few that stood out to me were GIRL OVERBOARD MY GOD. One of my TOP FIVE Girls Aloud songs. I thought maybe they’d take a pass. I can’t believe I saw them perform this LIVE! On The Metro as well. Unexpected but absolutely lovely

The performances that stood out the most for me:
Something New was an ABSOLUTE MOMENT. I had the PERFECT SEATS to kick off this performance. Whole Lotta History - be prepared to SOB. Wake Me Up - absolutely epic. I have to say Love Machine is not one of my FAV GA Tracks but the performance and backdrop here were amazing. Wake Me Up was a moment as well.

I had the pleasure of dancing most of the night away next to Laura Whitmore, honestly I saw people taking pictures with her but I had no idea who she was until AFTER I left the concert. Sweetheart. and a few other minor celebs I saw as well!

I’ve been travelling solo and had the absolute pleasure to stand next to two sisters, one closer to my age and another that wasn’t even BORN when Girls Aloud were first formed. I felt old laugh.gif but also. Girls Aloud are timeless. I was so happy that they both had an amazing evening. Outside of Girls Aloud they really made my evening.

I really took that first night to take everything in, I didn’t take a lot of Photos or Videos, but I did snap a few amazing pictures and the Something New performance I will keep in my Video Gallery forever.

Concert Two: I had VIP Seated this time, it gave my body a break because I also saw Fletcher on Thursday. Still brilliant seating, and I noticed a few more visual and staging aesthetics that I hadn’t seen in the first show (or may have missed). This show was completely sold out and the crowd was absolutely insane.

Honestly I think any seat in the house will be epic.

I’ve just arrived into Belfast today and excited for the concert tomorrow. I did VIP Standing and Seated again for the next two shows (I think? It’s been six months since I booked) but noticed my tickets are now both seated seats, so I’m not sure if they are doing the Pit(s) in Belfast.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 19th May 2024, 03:46 PM
Post #183
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

wub.gif I'm glad you had such a great time, enjoy Belfast as well!

5 days until my first show!!

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 19th May 2024, 06:26 PM
Post #184
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

Sounds like you had an amazing time!!!

+Quote this post
Sacred3
post 20th May 2024, 01:17 AM
Post #185
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 150,421

They are better than ever!I hope they think about new music after these shows.

+Quote this post
Padamic_Tension
post 20th May 2024, 01:12 PM
Post #186
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

A work colleague of mine was at the Dublin show and said the concert was excellent from start to finish, said they put on a fantastic show.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 20th May 2024, 07:32 PM
Post #187
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

I was really hoping Memory of you might make it onto the setlist, seeing it is in the whole damn show vinyl I wonder if it was considered?

My other very random hope was Racy Lacy, it's one of my ultimate fave Girls Aloud songs and it doesn't seem to get the credit it deserves! wub.gif

+Quote this post
Padamic_Tension
post 20th May 2024, 10:12 PM
Post #188
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

To be fair they have packed in a lot with the set list and i think it gets all the big hits in that everyone wants, i thought hear me out might have used somewhere but you cant get everything in.
Girls Aloud are lucky that should they decide to tour again they have a lot of material to choose from to change up the shows and i would like to think they will tour again.
I would love to see them record a new album and maybe this might put them on that road as the reception has been great.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 21st May 2024, 02:16 PM
Post #189
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Belfast last night was just amazing. Their best concert so far. Loved every moment.
Excited for Concert 4 (and my final concert) cry.gif tonight.

+Quote this post
kimberley88
post 21st May 2024, 05:58 PM
Post #190
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 10,194

How long does the concert last for roughly?

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 21st May 2024, 10:40 PM
Post #191
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

'Hear Me Out' might have been a bit of an awkward choice to perform as a Sarah solo.

+Quote this post
shadow2009
post 22nd May 2024, 06:26 PM
Post #192
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,059

I love all the viral videos of Cheryl and Nadine interacting. They have such a fascinating dynamic together.

+Quote this post
Padamic_Tension
post 22nd May 2024, 10:38 PM
Post #193
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Cheryl and Nadine probably have a very interesting relationship, i think its one of those relationships that took a lot of work as it seems they are not the type of people who would be naturally friends but sometimes when friends like these come through hard times and fights etc they end up been life long friends with a strong bond so i hope thats the case here.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 24th May 2024, 01:51 AM
Post #194
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(kimberley88 @ 21st May 2024, 06:58 PM) *
How long does the concert last for roughly?

Girls Aloud are on for just less than 2 hours.

+Quote this post
Simon.
post 24th May 2024, 10:16 AM
Post #195
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126

Manchester tonight! Anyone else going

+Quote this post
DanielSwift
post 24th May 2024, 11:23 AM
Post #196
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 119,363

My ticket for the 18th June Birmingham show came today!!!

+Quote this post
Scene
post 24th May 2024, 11:20 PM
Post #197
Group icon
Baby Reindeer
User: 5,567

QUOTE(shadow2009 @ 22nd May 2024, 07:26 PM) *
I love all the viral videos of Cheryl and Nadine interacting. They have such a fascinating dynamic together.

Do you have any links? I’m interested to see.

+Quote this post
sajjadali
post 25th May 2024, 02:22 PM
Post #198
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 1,100

SPOILERS AHEAD

What a honour to finally see the girls I've been supporting for 22 years in person and live! They look so petite and glam in real life. Nicola took my breath away! Cheryl. seems like a teenager. Nadine didn't look human, her legs are like twigs! and Kimberley seems abit bigger on TV but she's normal size there.

And...they didn't disappoint! You'd never think these were near forty years giving us an amazing show stopper of a show.

Untouchable as the opener I never predicted, but it's perfect opener 'Through wind and rain we got here' gave me goosebumps, nice podiums nod to tour adverts too ! Amazing setlist with plenty of deep cuts of keep fans happy in Girl Overboard, Graffiti My Soul and On The Metro -proof they know their fans!

The Sarah tributes were beautiful and apt - still hard to believe the incredible Sarah Harding is not with us no more. Whole Lotta History goosebumps!

I think Love Machine and Biology weren't used in their full effect -just lost in the setlist. Love Machine is tour closer level ! Not the impact they should have had.

No Good Advice gave me goosebumps. Long Hot Summer how nice to see that performed again however it's supposed to be summer and its not doh! Really clever work with the I'll Stand By You duet with Sarah. Hear Me Out should have been used as a interlude somewhere...

So many nods to their nostalgia! Amazing stuff really.

We were in row F, so worked well for us - 2 x £135 = £270! annoying that people are now getting 2 for 1 that's not fair and also poorly thought out staging for the VIPs, they pay £212! and watch half the show with the girls to their back to them? Stupid choice to do this! You can't win either you are at front of the standard rows or VIPs and not both!

+Quote this post
Padamic_Tension
post 25th May 2024, 08:51 PM
Post #199
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

The way they have handled the tribute to Sarah seems to be excellent, not in your face style but very honoury which I'm very proud of them for.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 26th May 2024, 04:09 AM
Post #200
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

I went on Friday in Manchester, my first show of the two I bought tickets for!

It was a fantastic feeling to see them again after all these years. wub.gif It took me right back to how much I loved seeing them at concerts all those years ago. I was 18 at the Chemistry tour (my first time seeing them) and 25 for Ten (my previous last time seeing them). It's not like I've ever pushed Girls Aloud to the side, I've kept listening to them over the years - but it still felt very nostalgic.

It really was relentless, smash after smash after smash! I don't think I can even single out particular highlights from the singles. Well, I did love that they brought back Long Hot Summer. *.*

For me, the three album tracks - On the Metro, Graffiti My Soul and Girl Overboard - were huge highlights of the whole set. They were as enjoyable - if not more so - than some of the hit single performances! Although I guess a fair few people in the audience didn't agree with this sentimetn because I saw so many people choosing these performances to go and get drinks/go to the toilet. sad.gif I know people have different tolerance levels for how long they can go without doing that, but all I can say is that I'm happy that I can stay from beginning to end at a concert - I want to see it all! Anyway, another comment about On the Metro - I loved the video music-esque screen visuals for the performance.

I was quite far back in the tiers, so I couldn't really get a sense of their interactions (like you could if you're closer) but they did seem to be having a whale of a time on stage! It's where they belong. heart.gif

I think they handled the tributes to Sarah Harding really beautifully, particularly at the end of Whole Lotta History. You could feel her spirit throughout the show. Still feels so weird, sad and unfair that she's no longer here with us.

Anyway, roll on my second show, that's in Birmingham on 18th June!

+Quote this post

12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 15th June 2024, 05:43 AM