BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Voice Kids - Melanie C new judge
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Chemistry
post 11th February 2021, 09:56 AM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 106,588

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Feb 11 2021, 10:39 AM) *
This conversation again?... rolleyes.gif

Who said otherwise? Of course it is their life/career/money and they can and should do whatever they want.

We, as fans, don't have to support everything they do though blink.gif I'm here for the music and the performances. Not here for the nappies, reality TV competitions or children's books, that's all. If they want to do it, so be it, but I dont have to support it.

I can and will analyse how much investment I give them as a fan depending on what they do, that doesnt mean I am being sexist?!?!

Yes, this conversation again, as it's clearly needed.

I never said you have to support everything. I'm also not watching Rainbow Woman and certainly won't watch Voice Kids because I couldn't care less about the show. The thing is that I see fans constantly complaining and demanding the girls have to tour, release new music, and everything else. My point is we as fans, mostly men, have zero reasons to have a say in this. Men don't need to tell five successful women what to do in their career. Ofcourse we can say 'I would like to see this, or would love them to do that', but that's not the tone Spice fans use these days. It's constantly complaining and feeling they have a say in their career. We don't. They have given us an amazing legacy that we should be celebrating instead.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 11th February 2021, 10:10 AM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

As if we have the actual power to tell them to do anything they dont want to. We are commenting on what they are doing, that's all.

You are confusing genuine discourse and commentary as hate or policing of women's agency, come on...

In this forum, it is very rare to see hate directed at them or much comentary that is derrogative towards them. Please, this isn't some human rights issue. You know that we are the first ones to celebrate their legacy and their music (when is good), we just dont have to like or support stuff they dont do.

I'm very bored of this conversation now, honestly.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 11th February 2021, 02:49 PM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

Oh God one of those people who can't understand constructive criticism so cries sexism.

Imagine thinking we shouldnt have our opinions on here because we are men (which you are just assuming) towards them as they are women. They are adults and do what they like and we can comment on that or give our opinions on what we would like them to do.

+Quote this post
Chemistry
post 11th February 2021, 03:33 PM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 106,588

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Feb 11 2021, 03:49 PM) *
Oh God one of those people who can't understand constructive criticism so cries sexism.

Imagine thinking we shouldnt have our opinions on here because we are men (which you are just assuming) towards them as they are women. They are adults and do what they like and we can comment on that or give our opinions on what we would like them to do.

You clearly did not read my message, so I am not even going into it anymore.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 11th February 2021, 05:03 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Chemistry @ Feb 11 2021, 03:33 PM) *
You clearly did not read my message, so I am not even going into it anymore.

I read your message. You said as men (which was a big assumption on your part) we shouldn't be commenting on their projects or what we want them to do because they are women. You even seem to think we somehow have in put into what they do which is another bizarre statement.

It's attitudes like yours that are actually setting women back. You definitely wouldn't have an issue with a woman critiquing or saying what they want from Ed Sheeran even though he is has a legacy and all the other attributes you credit to the Spice Girls.

If the girls were actors and you didn't like the movie or performance they did would you think people shouldnt review and critique the movie or suggest roles or movies that might get the best out of them?

It's not like we are even saying it to them on their social media, the critique isn't even to them it's to fellow fans.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 11th February 2021, 05:08 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

OK guys we are going off topic a bit here let's focus on Melanie and her role as a judge.

+Quote this post
hermespice
post 11th February 2021, 06:25 PM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 21,419

QUOTE(spiceboy @ Feb 11 2021, 05:08 PM) *
OK guys we are going off topic a bit here let's focus on Melanie and her role as a judge.

I've only watched The Voice Uk when Kylie was on it!!! and i dont' think anyone memorable came out of the show... even the winners didn't make a dent on music industry...
however i WILL watch every single episode with Melanie C on it!! it might be crap... but i don't care. I support her for whatever she wants to do. there i said it lol

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 11th February 2021, 06:44 PM
Post #48
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

who knew mel c getting a role as a judge on a primetime itv show would cause such a rage *.*

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 11th February 2021, 06:48 PM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(hermespice @ Feb 11 2021, 06:25 PM) *
I've only watched The Voice Uk when Kylie was on it!!! and i dont' think anyone memorable came out of the show... even the winners didn't make a dent on music industry...
however i WILL watch every single episode with Melanie C on it!! it might be crap... but i don't care. I support her for whatever she wants to do. there i said it lol

I like this honesty.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 11th February 2021, 07:10 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(hermespice @ Feb 11 2021, 06:25 PM) *

You're basically me laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post 14th February 2021, 08:39 PM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829

Wowzers! w00t.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 15th February 2021, 08:31 AM
Post #52
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

wub.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 27th February 2021, 04:03 PM
Post #53
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Melanie is a guest mentor on the main version of The Voice UK Semi-Finals episode:

heart.gif

+Quote this post
southernstar
post 27th February 2021, 04:06 PM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 41,834

QUOTE(Jay❄ @ Feb 27 2021, 05:03 PM) *
Melanie is a guest mentor on the main version of The Voice UK Semi-Finals episode:

heart.gif

Sex Bombs heart.gif heart.gif

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 27th February 2021, 05:04 PM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 27th February 2021, 06:37 PM
Post #56
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(SpiceWorldItaly @ Feb 27 2021, 04:06 PM) *
Sex Bombs heart.gif heart.gif

Aaah I see what you did, pun INTENDED! cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

She looks amazing wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 27th February 2021, 06:55 PM
Post #57
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

She looks incredible in that pic.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 13th March 2021, 08:46 PM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Mel filmed the final tonight, this is all done a wrapped up airs December. Mel B was on it via video too.

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post 10th December 2021, 07:47 PM
Post #59
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829

QUOTE("ITV Press Release")
The search for the freshest new singing talent is on as The Voice Kids returns for a brand-new series, with an exciting new addition to the superstar coaching panel; Brit award-winning pop icon Melanie C.

Spice Girl Melanie C joins Danny Jones, will.i.am and reigning champion Pixie Lott in the search for the next generation of singing talent, while Emma Willis is back to host the series.

Airing during the festive period, this year’s series of The Voice Kids is a Christmas television event not to be missed.

Taking place over three exciting nights, an array of singers, aged seven to 14, will take to the stage in a bid to impress the star coaching panel and get those big red chairs turning.

With four places up for grabs on each team, these young singers will be giving it all they’ve got in the hope of making it to the final and winning a family trip to Disneyland Paris.

The Voice Kids will air nightly on ITV and ITV Hub from Monday, 27 December at 7:30PM.

The series will run for just the three episodes, continuing on Tuesday, 28 December at 7:30PM and concluding on Wednesday, 29 December at 8PM.

cheer.gif

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 10th December 2021, 08:00 PM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Only 3 episodes airing after Christmas when the final/shows are Christmas themed, at least she got a nice cheque for it I guess but that scheduling is not good.

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 09:03 AM