BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> What If?....
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mr.X
post 3rd April 2022, 10:46 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

YO Spice BuzzJackers cheer.gif

Was just thinking about what I wanted Emma Baby Bunton could do in the event of her releasing a future solo album again and then got distracted thikng about what *any* of them could do as solo artists if each and every single one of them were to release more music...

Here are my picks! What do you think?? w00t.gif

SPICE GIRLS

I think somewhere in the middle between Say You'll Be There, Never Give Up On the Good Times and If You Wanna Have Some Fun would be amazing. Like, no-one does the kind of pop/R&B that the girls themselves do, but a fun, upbeat record that aims to bring people together and have fun, with plenty of sassy attitude would be amazing.

If they mix in some flavours of the modern house music/pop route (think Chic, Daft Punk) that would be even better!! I could see them working with modern artists such as Honey Dijon too!!

Like, imagine Biff working with Honey Dijon!! I WOULD DIE!!

EMMA BUNTON

DISCO. I really want her to progress into a new 70's/80s disco vibe following from her obviously amazing take on 60s vibe. Think Kylie Minogue, Jessie Ware, etc. Go super camp, fresh and cool. Play on her sexiness (which she hasnt tapped into since Free Me, really...)

MELANIE C

Yeah I would love it if Mel could do some House music. I like the eletronica vibe she is going with recently and I think this would be a great progression for her. I know she is working with dance producers and this is great!!

MELANIE B

I would like her to look into Ariana's last album, Positions, as an influence. Get her funk and sexiness (and sex appeal) back, dive deep into that jazz, sulty r&b with her lower vocals.

GERI HALLIWELL

I think Geri's lane is pop, anthemic music, and she can excel at it when working with the right people. Personally, even though, she loves big band stuff, she isn't really that great at it as a solo artist (bar a couple of songs). But I say if she brings in Max Martin and producers of that caliber, she could really do great again!!

VICTORIA BECKHAM

Honestly, I think her r&b/pop was pretty great. Go back to the That Kind of Girl, Like That type of vibe and maybe work with people like Stuart Price and London on da Track, maybe Taylor Parx too. Get sexy, get sensual. Ignore the soppy ballads though!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 4th April 2022, 01:53 AM
Post #2
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

If only all of this would happen cry.gif Emma in particular has so much wasted potential... I'm convinced she still has at least one really great album left in her to be made, full of original songs, and yes her exploring disco would be potentially fabulous. But here we are, 3 years on from My Happy Place and there's no sign of anything else to come!

+Quote this post
Babyboy
post 4th April 2022, 10:51 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,611

What if they weren't lazy and disinterested .... Except Melanie C of course.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 4th April 2022, 12:46 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(Babyboy @ Apr 4 2022, 11:51 AM) *
What if they weren't lazy and disinterested .... Except Melanie C of course.

Preach!

I love all your ideas Mr X apart from victoria she needs some kind of Rachel Stevens style pop that would have suited her.

+Quote this post
Piers
post 5th April 2022, 04:46 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 69,521

I'm happy to get anything from any one of them, really...but I'll go in on what I wish we could see in the (unlikely) event the group were to record again.

I can't especially imagine Victoria as she is now taking part in music. So. Four piece album. All four must be in the room together for writing sessions. I'd build the writing team out of the girls and Biff...with perhaps a reunion with Cathy Dennis. I'm pretty sure everyone in here knows who that is...but if not, she wrote a ton of hits for a while including Can't Get You Out of My Head and Toxic. She also cowrote Bumper to Bumper with the girls...and she worked with Melanie C and (I think?) wrote My Love Is For Real for Victoria. She hasn't been as present in music for a few years, but this might be the right project to employ her skills. Then, I'd bring in Mark Ronson and Stuart Price as producers. Ronson because he can pull off so many genres of music (something key to the variety of the group)...and Price because the work he's done with Madonna/Kylie/Dua Lipa seems about right for where the girls' sound should be today.

After that, I'd just say to create an album that encompasses who they all are now. Some big dance tracks...some throwback 60s sounding stuff...some lush ballads...something a little guitar-y...something a little electronic. An album even more varied than Spice World.

Play up the 'All Are Welcome' angle with the promos and videos. People of all backgrounds. All stories. All ages. (maybe even throw in some of the original Spice Boys as dancers alongside the younger ones?...never too old to do what you love).

Something like that.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 5th April 2022, 09:27 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

Oh I like that idea of building on their All Are Welcome imagery and insert that in the flavour of the music and aesthetics too.

I didnt think about Mark Ronson but yeah thats a good idea! Stuart Price for sure, he has done wonders to a lot of music acts!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 09:17 AM