BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Love On The Brain // 4th Single, New peak on iTunes after X Factor cover ~
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Andrew.
post Jul 22 2016, 01:50 PM
Post #1
is in hibernation
Group: Banned
Member No.: 21,161

Apparently Sex With Me is looking likely to be the next single from ANTI as it was recently added to US Rhythmic Radio and is currently at #67! This definitely is not a favourite but it could do ok commercially I suppose? It's one of the most cherrypicked tracks of the album iirc

Love On The Brain NEEDS to be a single tho

This post has been edited by Andr00w: Oct 19 2016, 05:01 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Atonement
post Jul 22 2016, 04:03 PM
Post #2
I just had to see your face to feel alive
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,676
   No Gallery Pics

I think whatever else she releases from ANTI will have a similar impact as Kiss It Better did. Sex with Me would be a nice urban single to close the era with in the US and then we get a brand new smash single in November from R9 (in a perfect world).

This post has been edited by Atonement: Jul 22 2016, 04:04 PM

+Quote Post
Nina West
post Jul 23 2016, 07:00 PM
Post #3
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
Member No.: 19,846
   No Gallery Pics

'Desoerado' should be the next single, don't think this will have much impact at all.

+Quote Post
danG
post Jul 23 2016, 07:02 PM
Post #4
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

Sex With Me sounds like a great choice. Could get a few extra sales from people who only bought the standard edition, it's urban enough to get good streams, and the song definitely leans itself towards a controversial video which always gets people talking.

+Quote Post
Nina West
post Jul 24 2016, 04:25 PM
Post #5
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
Member No.: 19,846
   No Gallery Pics

Just gave this another listen, and I do kinda like it, just need more time for this to grow on me, I think the reason why it didn't grow on me sooner is because I only own the standard edition of 'Anti', which was the only one available in my local HMV on the first week of it's release. I do however think that this is an interesting choice and could maybe boost album sales, more in the UK than USA, I think the dodgy release really affected it's peak.

I remember when everyone (including me) thought that between 'Kiss It Better & 'Needed Me'' the former would have been the bigger hit, but we were all wrong and 'NM' became much more successful, more in the USA with a top 10 peak, and UK it barely scrapped the top 40, but still a lot more successful than the more commercial sounding 'KIB' which basically tanked everywhere.

As for 'Sex With Me', I think again that it will do better in the USA, (maybe top 20 or 30), and for the UK, I'm actually really hoping that it will do better considering it's only on the Deluxe Version and may become a surprise hit, maybe top 40, if at least it gets a decent video ('KIB' vid was lame) or at least drive more album sales, cause she definitely needs it here in the UK, where it seems that people were only interested in the lead single and her collaborations, which are all doing well, but still the album's currently floundering.

However I'm still hoping that there will be more singles, 'Desperado', 'Love On The Brain' or maybe a re-recorded version of 'Higher' to make it full length and maybe get a guest feature on it.

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jul 24 2016, 05:34 PM
Post #6
is in hibernation

QUOTE(SamJudd @ Jul 24 2016, 05:25 PM) *
Just gave this another listen, and I do kinda like it, just need more time for this to grow on me, I think the reason why it didn't grow on me sooner is because I only own the standard edition of 'Anti', which was the only one available in my local HMV on the first week of it's release. I do however think that this is an interesting choice and could maybe boost album sales, more in the UK than USA, I think the dodgy release really affected it's peak.

I remember when everyone (including me) thought that between 'Kiss It Better & 'Needed Me'' the former would have been the bigger hit, but we were all wrong and 'NM' became much more successful, more in the USA with a top 10 peak, and UK it barely scrapped the top 40, but still a lot more successful than the more commercial sounding 'KIB' which basically tanked everywhere.

As for 'Sex With Me', I think again that it will do better in the USA, (maybe top 20 or 30), and for the UK, I'm actually really hoping that it will do better considering it's only on the Deluxe Version and may become a surprise hit, maybe top 40, if at least it gets a decent video ('KIB' vid was lame) or at least drive more album sales, cause she definitely needs it here in the UK, where it seems that people were only interested in the lead single and her collaborations, which are all doing well, but still the album's currently floundering.

However I'm still hoping that there will be more singles, 'Desperado', 'Love On The Brain' or maybe a re-recorded version of 'Higher' to make it full length and maybe get a guest feature on it.

I think there might be a few more singles but they might not get a big bush (three singles from Unapologetic weren't given a worldwide push)

This post has been edited by Andr00w: Jul 24 2016, 05:35 PM

+Quote Post
Botchia
post Jul 24 2016, 05:37 PM
Post #7
I Drink Wine
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

Should be LOTB or nothing really...

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Aug 10 2016, 02:52 PM
Post #8
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

So Popjustice just posted an article saying that a DJ in the Phillipines has found out that 'Love On The Brain' will be the new single!

Really hope it's true! Easily my fave on the album wub.gif

Here is that said article! http://www.popjustice.com/thenews/apparent...e-on-the-brain/

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Aug 10 2016, 03:18 PM
Post #9
is in hibernation

This has to be true wub.gif I'd much prefer this to Sex With Me which was the other rumoured single!

+Quote Post
Atonement
post Aug 10 2016, 04:22 PM
Post #10
I just had to see your face to feel alive
Member No.: 10,676
   No Gallery Pics

To be honest I think everything released from this album will flop now so I had hoped she would've come back with the first single from her new album already instead of another Anti single.

But LOTB is amazing, although after hearing the live version the album version doesn't really satisfy me anymore. I hope we get a good video for it.

(And I also hope she'll still release 'Sex with Me' as a single in the US).

+Quote Post
Botchia
post Aug 10 2016, 07:27 PM
Post #11
I Drink Wine
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

Best choice! heart.gif

+Quote Post
Hypodermic Sally
post Aug 10 2016, 07:45 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 21,622
   No Gallery Pics

Yes best choice, then Desperado!

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Aug 12 2016, 04:13 PM
Post #13
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

By far and away the best thing on the album.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Aug 22 2016, 11:40 AM
Post #14
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

'Love On The Brain' is confirmed as the next single by Rihanna on Instagram!

She tagged a performance of this song with #NextSingle !

YAY.

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Aug 22 2016, 11:43 AM
Post #15
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11,955

Fantastic! Really the best choice and I can't wait to see the video.

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Aug 22 2016, 03:15 PM
Post #16
is in hibernation

Finally! Can't wait for this to smash *.*

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Aug 22 2016, 09:04 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

This is BY FAR the best song on ANTI and she does it live fantastically - I'm still shocked when some people say Rihanna is poor live, even after constantly sensational performances of Diamonds and Stay. She's grown into a top notch singer over the years and can be just as good live vocally as the likes of Gaga when she wants to be and has the material to prove it. I imagine this will need a big promo slot to take off here and X Factor might be too far away but we'll see.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Aug 23 2016, 04:27 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

I'm really liking this! Gorgeous vocals and it gives me Duffy/Amy Winehouse vibes at parts of the song.

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Aug 23 2016, 04:57 PM
Post #19
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Member No.: 11,955

QUOTE(Ryan. @ Aug 22 2016, 10:04 PM) *
I imagine this will need a big promo slot to take off here and X Factor might be too far away but we'll see.

I'd rather see a Strictly promo slot for this as I think it would be more beneficial.

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Aug 23 2016, 05:20 PM
Post #20
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

I've grown into this so much since Dancing Wth The Stars heart.gif heart.gif

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:23 AM