BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jupiter 2018: Week #30, give me that diagnosis // +links +writeup
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
J00prstar
post Aug 8 2018, 12:22 AM
Post #1
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Charli XCX surprise-scores her first #1 for me in her 6th year of being on my radar. Quite the turnaround for someone I was an anti-fan of for the first three or four. A lot of that tbh down to the huge payola she had early on with lastfm, which, going back into the past, used to be mainly a subscription radio service. When every 5th song that came on was Charli XCX and you only had a limited number of skips allowed, it was easy to get annoyed by her! She's really come on to be a real name in pop though and has been delivering the bops a few years now so I guess this was only a matter of time! And Focus is a GREAT pop song ohmy.gif

After a three week reign POOLCLVB slips to #3. A strong showing for a song that peaked at #25 for me last summer before dropping out. Cardi B laps them to hit #2, becoming her highest peaking song for me, passing No Limit (#3) and Bodak Yellow (#4). Despite my ambiguity towards Cardi herself what can I say, I really like this one. We love a female rapper. Fellow female rap bops from Iggy and Ella Mai/Minaj also hit top ten this week, as do country duo The Shires. Diversity!

As for brand new entries this week the highest of those comes from Elohim, fresh off her long-running chart topper Half Love. She lands just outside the top 20 with lots of potential to rise.
Additional new entries this week come from Ariana, Nicki again, Florence with what's already her highest-peaker from her latest album (which tbh I'm quite lukewarm on :/), Weezer, Goldfish, Little Dragon, Little Big Town, Blonde, BOLIER, Sonny Fodera, Crazy Cousinz with M.O and Ne-Yo with Stefflon Don and Bebe Rexha. Stefflon continues her long run with Senseless this week while semi-hispanic bops 1,2,3 and Dinero also add even more weeks on to their long chart runs.
I will at some point link the videos to the new ones a bit later in the week to save you having to imagine what they sound like biggrin.gif

If you can't wait of course, feel free to check out my (linked) spotify playlists at the bottom of this post where you'll find them and a bunch of other great tracks wink.gif

Here's the whole top 40 list for the fourth and final week of July:

01 Charli XCX - Focus [36-2-1]
02 Cardi B ft. J Balvin + Bad Bunny - I Like It [16-2]
03 POOLCLVB x Røse - What You Want (Remix) [20-1-1-1-3]
04 Sean Paul ft. Jhene Aiko - Naked Truth [37-12-5-4]
05 Iggy Azalea ft. Tyga - Kream [26-5]
06 Ella Mai ft. Nicki Minaj + Quavo - Boo'd Up Remix [17-6]
07 Antonia - Hotel Lounge [24-6-3-7]
08 Jax Jones ft. Mabel + Rich the Kid - Ring Ring [11-11-8]
09 The Shires - Accidentally on Purpose [24-9]
10 Birthday Boy ft. Trish - Magic [7-10]
11 Azealia Banks - Treasure Island [10-11]
12 Carmody - Singing Your Love [15-12]
13 Chvrches - Deliverance [25-13]
14 Ariana Grande ft. Nicki Minaj - The Light Is Coming [24-12-14]
15 Tunde Olaniran ft. iRAWniQ + Passalacqua - Diamonds [27-20-15]
16 BLACKPINK - DDU-DU DDU-DU [39-14-16]
17 Raye ft. Maleek Berry + Nana Rogues - Confidence [30-13-17]
18 Cheat Codes ft. Little Mix - Only You [35-13-9-18]
19 U2 x Cheat Codes - Love is Bigger than Anything in its Way [30-19]
20 G-Eazy ft. Charlie Puth - Sober [29-20]
21 Jennifer Lopez ft. DJ Khaled + Cardi B - Dinero [40-12-6-5-10-34-22-21]
22 Elohim ft. Yoshi Flower x DENM - Panic Attacks (Remix) [N]
23 Stefflon Don - Senseless [10-5-5-20-33-X1-23-32-23]
24 Lykke Li ft. Amine - Two Nights [33-36-24]
25 Florence and the Machine - South London Forever [N]
26 Ariana Grande - God is a Woman [N]
27 Nicki Minaj ft. Lil Wayne - Rich Sex [N]
28 Yellow Claw ft. Lil Debbie, Bok Nero, MC Kekel + MC Gustta - To The Max [22-10-4-28]
29 Nao - Another Lifetime [24-5-2-23-29]
30 Weezer - Africa [N]
31 Sofia Reyes ft. Jason Derulo + De La Ghetto - 1,2,3 [36-22-18-11-35-X1-19-35-31]
32 The Carters - APESHIT [29-26-18-6-32]
33 Little Big Town - Summer Fever [N]
34 Goldfish ft . Sorana - Hold Your Kite [N]
35 Little Dragon ft. Agge - Celebrate [N]
36 Ne-Yo ft. Bebe Rexha + Stefflon Don - Push Back [N]
37 Blonde ft. Bryn Christopher - Me, Myself & I [N]
38 Sonny Fodera ft. Alex Mills - Always Gonna Be [N]
39 Crazy Cousinz ft. M.O + Yungen - Feelings (Wifey) [N]
40 BOLIER & Joe Stone - Keep This Fire Burning [N]

#1s this year:
Inna – Nirvana (1)
Eminem ft. Ed Sheeran – River (1)
Femme En Fourrure ft. Pykari – Ride (2)
Simian Ghost – Eat The Rich (1)
MGMT – When You Die (1)
Chvrches – Get Out (1)
M.O ft. Lotto Boyzz + Mr Eazi – Bad Vibe (1)
Jhene Aiko ft. Rae Sremmurd – Sativa (1)
Paloma Faith – Til I'm Done (1)
HAIM – You Never Knew (1)
Rae Sremmurd ft. Juicy J – Powerglide (1)
Tinashe ft. Offset – No Drama (1)
Inna – Tropical (1)
Kylie Minogue – Stop Me From Falling (2)
Azealia Banks – Anna Wintour (2)
Nicki Minaj – Chun-Li (1)
Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry (1)
Christina Aguilera ft. 2 Chainz + Ty Dolla $ign – Accelerate (2)
Eleni Foureir@ – Fuego (1)
Elohim – Half Love (3)
POOLCLVB x Røse – What You Want (Remix) (3)
Charli XCX – Focus (~)

My spotify picks arrow right.gif {A-List} arrow right.gif {B-List} arrow right.gif {C-List}

This post has been edited by Jüpiter: Aug 12 2018, 04:39 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Aug 8 2018, 02:32 AM
Post #2
rip in peace Dickston
Group: Members
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

Hey Jupiter! biggrin.gif

Focus up to #1! ;o This seemed to tickle the fancies of everyone on Buzzjack when it was released but I can't say I'm a huge fan tongue.gif

I Like It, Boo'd Up, and Ring Ring are all 10/10 songs in your Top 10 wub.gif

Nice to see you charting Confidence - I was that had been a single because it has definitely grown on me the most since the EP! I doubt it would've been much of a hit mind you but it sounds very summery (I do prefer Friends though laugh.gif)

Love the debuts for Ariana, Weezer, Little Dragon, Blonde, & Sonny Fodera! Lot's of variety tongue.gif

Great chart!

+Quote Post
JSG
post Aug 11 2018, 09:46 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18,473

Hey Jupitaaaaaaa hi.gif

11 Azealia Banks - Treasure Island [10-11] It's so refreshing to see another Azealia fan on Buzzjack. She doesn't have many fans here at all. Yung Rapunxel remains her best song to date for me though 👋♥♥
18 Cheat Codes ft. Little Mix - Only You [35-13-9-18] wub.gif
28 Yellow Claw ft. Lil Debbie, Bok Nero, MC Kekel + MC Gustta - To The Max [22-10-4-28]
32 The Carters - APESHIT [29-26-18-6-32] What is the artist name all about. I don't watch music videos unless I'm at a party and This totally evaded me until I realised it was bey last week 🤣🤣 It's good!

Fabulous chart 😍 jump.gif

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Aug 12 2018, 04:00 PM
Post #4
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Dickston @ Aug 8 2018, 03:32 AM) *
Hey Jupiter! biggrin.gif

Focus up to #1! ;o This seemed to tickle the fancies of everyone on Buzzjack when it was released but I can't say I'm a huge fan tongue.gif

I Like It, Boo'd Up, and Ring Ring are all 10/10 songs in your Top 10 wub.gif

Nice to see you charting Confidence - I was that had been a single because it has definitely grown on me the most since the EP! I doubt it would've been much of a hit mind you but it sounds very summery (I do prefer Friends though laugh.gif)

Love the debuts for Ariana, Weezer, Little Dragon, Blonde, & Sonny Fodera! Lot's of variety tongue.gif

Great chart!

Well thank you! Focus is great you're wrong tongue.gif xo

Confidence wasn't a single?! It has a music video and all...TIL

Thanks for commenting yay! Keep a watch on Ariana that will go a lot higher wink.gif

QUOTE(JSG @ Aug 11 2018, 10:46 AM) *
Hey Jupitaaaaaaa hi.gif
11 Azealia Banks - Treasure Island [10-11] It's so refreshing to see another Azealia fan on Buzzjack. She doesn't have many fans here at all. Yung Rapunxel remains her best song to date for me though 👋♥♥
18 Cheat Codes ft. Little Mix - Only You [35-13-9-18] wub.gif
32 The Carters - APESHIT [29-26-18-6-32] What is the artist name all about. I don't watch music videos unless I'm at a party and This totally evaded me until I realised it was bey last week 🤣🤣 It's good!

Fabulous chart 😍 jump.gif

Fabulous detailed comment! As for The Carters, Jay-Z's name so I guess their married name? (So much for the whole "we're goign to take each other's names" when they got married thing tho...two faced much?!)

As for Azealia I'm probably as big a fan of her as I am a Nicki fan. She's a little crazy and has said some messed up things, but on the flipside she's really intelligent and makes such great music... And she's never done anything as bad as some people, and she is bipolar or whatever isn't she, so. It's complex.

Anyway I'm a rap fan what can I say ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Aug 12 2018, 04:37 PM
Post #5
   No Gallery Pics

And as for other new entries this week...

Highest this week goes to Elohim continuing her chart resurgence of 2018. Three-week chart topper Half Love was a great lead-in but her album doesn't have much else that's struck me unfortunately. However this remix of Panic Attacks ft. Yoshi Flower does go some way to capture some of that magic in a bottle again. Elohim started her chart career for me in 2016 with Fred Falke on It's A Memory, the latter being someone I've been a fan of for, it must be a decade now. I didn't actually enjoy the Elohim BJSC song though and unfortunately its success has blocked me sending any of her others! Rage. Chart debut here for Yoshi Flower and DENM too.

Ariana and Nicki debuting within one spot of each other :'). Expect God is a Woman to have a big rise, I didn't expect TRAP from Ari! It's a great song, she really is on fire this era. Rihanna to come back with something so on-trend pls. Rich Sex is also a nice one from Nick, with a message I both like and don't like tbh. It's empowering in Nicki's verse but Wayne's verse pulls it down a bit I think. Decide your message together first next time guys! Still a bop tho.

Highly-anticipated Toto cover Africa by Weezer debuts this week and has all the potential to rise high, it's a fair straight cover but oh so catchy. Weezer have fair form on my charts anyway, charting two and just missing landing a third from their latest album (2017), so it's not a completely freak resurgence for them. Flo also debuts FINALLY an actually decent track from her most recent album which for me has been an unfortunate disappointment, delivering a restrained effort which is just about the opposite of what I like Florence to do. Come autumn some of the tracks might stand out more tho. An odd summer release I feel.

The last eight of this week's chart are all new entries this week; two urban, two indie and four dance songs - finally this late in the summer! Hitting the urban pair first, Stefflon Don and M.O both sneak new entries from collaborations. Both acts have been busy this year jumping on other people's tracks and in doing so, showing pretty great diversity of what they can deliver tbh, surprising I would even say. Push Back has hovered outside the top 40 for about a month and squeaks in this week after a short run in my A-List, while Wifey enters on early-week strength. I wouldn't expect a strong tenure for either, but they're pretty fun tracks both.

Little Dragon continue a 2018 chart resurgence after last year's album Season High didn't really gel with anything else at the time sound-wise and only landed two charting tracks for me, a far cry from their previous album's string of top 5s and multiple tracks making it into my year-end and all-time fave lists. Celebrate featuring Agge debuts this week, becoming the band's fourth top 40 from the album and additionally fourth charter this year, as they also dropped a standalone EP. No doubt a fifth will come too, that random Tinashe collab is sounding mighty fine. Country crossover crew Little Big Town also land a new one with the appropriately summery Summer Fever, a rare upbeat charter for a group whose ballads I usually prefer.

And finally, dancebloc! No doubt everyone in Dance already knows these inside out, but a few are just new to me. GoldFish I've been a fan of for ages and they've already had a top 20 this year, this slightly more basic collab with Sorana seeks to become a second. BOLIER and Joe Stone are both new to me and bring back what sounds like a modern club classic sound with that strong vocal and classic house influence. Blonde's new one is similar and features a Prideful video with drag queens getting ready for the party, and finally Dan's recent BJSC entry which stood out above all others in the last contest debuts this week, giving each of its involved artists their first charter for me. Fab biggrin.gif

Next chart coming soon. Keep an eye out. In the meantime, comments still welcomed and I actually even should reply now I'm not so busy at work!

+Quote Post
Sergej
post Aug 12 2018, 04:58 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 39,723
   No Gallery Pics

Hello Jupiter!
Nice to see "I Like It" and "Boo'd Up" in the top 10 and the big gain for "Deliverance"!
I also like the debuts for "God Is A Woman", "South London Forever" and "Me, Myself & I"!
Great chart as always!

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Aug 13 2018, 11:33 AM
Post #7
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Hi Jupiter!

Giving the new Charli a listen now, it's not actually that bad and it's stuck in my head now tongue.gif

Hold Your Kite is sounding quite nice, a little generic but on the better side of it!

Nice to see Blonde and Bolier both sneak in as well, both great summer dance tracks which will remind me of my holidays this year wink.gif

Great chart biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:23 AM