BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RESULTS: Reputation ● Rate
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post Dec 22 2017, 06:31 PM
Post #1
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,139

20 of you rated, and we have one winner.... Some stats:

- The winning song won by 0.3.
- The last placed song received an average of 6.47.
- The whole top 9 received an average above 8.00.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Dec 22 2017, 06:38 PM
Post #2
Brown cow, stunning!

15th This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things 6.48

Highest score: 11 (Joseph)
Lowest score: -1 (Cremey, Davidson, blacksquare, Joe)

In last place, ridculosly, is the BOP This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things. I guess people don't like it because of the petty lyrics, it's also a bit bubblegum pop compared to the pop bangers with huge production which isn't for everyone.

14th So It Goes 6.53

Highest score: 11 (all is vanity)
Lowest score: 2 (Cremey, blacksquare)

Unsurpisingly, So It Goes fails to make a huge impact, as it is seen as one of the filler tracks that nobody really seems to ever love or mention as a highlight, apart from All Is Vanity clearly wink.gif

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Dec 22 2017, 06:42 PM
Post #3
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

That is an absolutely ridiculous last placer, well done Buzzjack...

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Dec 22 2017, 06:45 PM
Post #4
c:
Member No.: 20,692

QUOTE(JosephCarey @ Dec 22 2017, 06:42 PM) *
That is an absolutely ridiculous last placer, well done Buzzjack...

Basically this. It's in the top three album tracks on Reputation for me alongside "I Did Something Bad" and "End Game". Sure, it's super petty but then so are some of her best songs (Better Than Revenge, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together and many more wub.gif).

So It Goes... is quite nice too although it is a little on the dull side. New Year's Day should've been last ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Dec 22 2017, 07:03 PM
Post #5
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,007

On first listen to the album, the "can't even say that with a straight face" moment really made my skin crawl, but the song as a whole grew after I stopped taking it so seriously. Probably shouldn't be last oops.

+Quote Post
blacksquare
post Dec 23 2017, 09:08 AM
Post #6
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,471
   No Gallery Pics

Trash belongs at the bottom, well done everyone.

+Quote Post
post Dec 23 2017, 11:20 AM
Post #7
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

Nice Things is trash and one of the worst things she's put her name to. Out with the trash. So It Goes sounds very Witness.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Dec 23 2017, 04:07 PM
Post #8
Brown cow, stunning!

13th New Year's Day 6.73

Highest score: 10 (UltraReputation)
Lowest score: 2 (cqmerqn)

Bowing out next is the album's closing track, the beautiful ballad New Year's day. This one is still growing on me, shouldn't be this low at all. Of all the songs on Reputation, this is definitely the one that most harks back to the old Taylor with its simplicity and sweetness, although the lyrics portray a realistic kind of love rather than fairytales and dreams, simply appreciating someone who stays with you for the lows and appreciates these moments all the same (cleaning up after a party while hungover, in this case), not just reaping the rewards and glory of the glamorous highs (the party the night before).

12th Dress (7.28)

Highest score: 10 (Joe., SamJudd)
Lowest score: 0 (cqmerqn)

The raciest song on the album and indeed Taylor's whole career, Dress fails to live up to much of the rest of the album! The production of this kind of reminds me of I Don't Wanna Live Forever, which I never fully got into and may explain why I am yet to fully get into this either. It's solid but among my least faves on the album for sure.

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Dec 23 2017, 04:54 PM
Post #9
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

People who think TIWWCHNT shouldn’t be on the bottom are obviously blinded by a pretty package.

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Dec 23 2017, 05:09 PM
Post #10
is in hibernation
Group: Banned
Member No.: 21,161

QUOTE(CodySleighBell-y @ Dec 23 2017, 04:54 PM) *
People who think TIWWCHNT shouldn’t be on the bottom are obviously blinded by a pretty package.

Or just maybe they like the song :')

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Dec 23 2017, 05:15 PM
Post #11
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,007

Ok wtf at this... New Year's Day is stunning and grows with every listen and Dress is like the most instant track on it. On what planet is it a ZERO!? How do people come up with their scores drama.gif

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Dec 23 2017, 07:40 PM
Post #12
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

QUOTE(blacksquare @ Dec 23 2017, 09:08 AM) *
Trash belongs at the bottom

so why is This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things there?

Dress is quite average I find but New Year's Day deserves better sad.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Dec 23 2017, 08:25 PM
Post #13
Brown cow, stunning!

11th King of My Heart 7.28

Highest score: 10 (John-James, SamJudd)
Lowest score: 3 (cqmerqn)

Just missing out on the top 10 is King Of My heart, probably in about the rigt place imo. I wouldn't say filler exactly but it's one of the more forgettable tracks on the album imo.

10th Dancing With Our Hands Tied 7.70

Highest score: 10 (Harry, all is vanity, Cody)
Lowest score: 6 (Dexton, Andrew, cqmerqn, Haus, Cremey)

Bringing us into the top 10 is Dancing With Our Hands Tied! I'd say this is one of the more 1989 leaning ongs on the album, bridges the gap between the 80s production of 1989 and the huge production of Reputation quite nicely.

+Quote Post
...ready for it
post Dec 24 2017, 08:36 AM
Post #14
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 1,454

This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things - Not a favorite, but I wouldn't have it last.
So It Goes - Sadly, this doesn't get the attention it deserves. sad.gif Love.
New Year's Day - I am surprised this is so low! sad.gif
Dress - This would have been my last placer.
King of My Heart - This wouldn't be very high, either.
Dancing With Our Hands Tied - One of my favorites.

+Quote Post
post Dec 24 2017, 01:17 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

King Of My Heart and New Years Day aren't great but Dress deserved a lot better!

+Quote Post
John-James
post Dec 24 2017, 02:10 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 20,665

King Of My Heart is my second favourite track. So underrated!

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Dec 26 2017, 02:03 AM
Post #17
is in hibernation
Group: Banned
Member No.: 21,161

I was gonna do this in the rate thread ages ago but forgot!! A lil track by track of the album, it’s so special to me and I can’t resist <3

Ready For It- My song of the year, ahead of LWYMMD even laugh.gif Don’t get me wrong I still ADORE that but this has held up incredibly well and I still love it as much as I ever did. Just a superbly crafted pop song, the rock edge gives it that extra spark and grit for me when initially I was disappointed with it after only hearing the middle eight. 11/10

End Game- Another highlight, apart from the ‘big reputation’ parts I think my favourite part is Future’s ohmy.gif Ed is the best he’s ever sounded as well! It sets the tone further for the album and is very instant! Bop *.* 10/10

I Did Something Bad- This was probs like the most instant on first listen but now it’s probably 10th or 11th lmao, I love it anyway haha. The middle eight is amazing, the best bit of the song and I really like the verses and chorus buildup but the chorus itself really grates on me in the last few weeks, like actual ear hurting laugh.gif Apart from that excellent! 8/10

Don’t Blame Me- Another song I would’ve put high on 1st listen but later on probably lower half! (theme ;o) This is the complete obvious of IDSB in that the chorus is absolutely STUNNING, like in my top 5 choruses on the album and that’s saying a lot <3 The verses could just have a bit more. 8.5/10

Delicate- This song creeps up on you subtly, what a georgous track. ❤️ I think it was Bal who said that the first line and line that’s in the chorus is really emotional and he’s absolutely right. 10/10

LWYMMD- Honestly I still love it but I haven’t came back to it lately but it’s my most played song in the last two years probably more so it’s natural I won’t listen as much. I’ll never forget the hype she gave with this song. 10/10

So It Goes... - Omg underrated bop. I don’t get why this isn’t more loved? Me and All is Vanity know where it’s at tbh. She brings the dark pop with this and I love the chorus dropping, it’s like a proper event. You did a number on me, but honestly baby who’s counting <3 10/10

Georgous - The baby noise at the start are kinda cringe but georgous song (pun unintended x), the middle 8 has some incredible lyrics! ‘Guess I’ll just stumble on home to my cat’ relatable queen x 9/10

Getaway Car - STUNNING. This song makes me emotional lmao, it hits you so quickly musically as well as emotionally. 10/10

King Of My Heart - I would say this is underrated but honestly in the context of the album, it’s rankings etc are about right tbh. It’s good but not a favourite and the chorus is quite disappointing with how good the verses are. 7.5/10

Dancing With Our Hands Tied - Yeah this is kinda forgettable, probably the one I’ve came back to least laugh.gif On a poorer album I’d probably go back to it more as it’s still average to good but nothing special about it really. 6/10

Dress - Not a favourite at all but it’s certainly grew on me, hope to get into this more! 7/10

Nice Things - Okay I get why this is so divisive but omg what a bop *.* The middle 8 and final chorus are my favourite unlike everyone else lmao, that’s where it really goes off after being more subtle previously. Bop. 9/10

CIWYW - I was so disappointed when this came out as a promo but it’s completely gone up my affections and is a solid 2nd fave ohmy.gif I love the coolness and whole vibe of the track. So so catchy when it hits you <3 10/10

NYD - I like this more after finding it a bit ‘nice’ for a while, maybe the timing of New Year’s Day has helped somehow laugh.gif 7.5/10

Life Changing
1) Ready For It
2) Call It What You Want
3) Look What You Made Me Do

Amazing
4) Getaway Car
5) End Game
6) Delicate
7) So It Goes...
8) End Game
9) Nice Things
10) Georgous

Really Good
11) Don’t Blame Me
12) I Did Something Bad

Good
13) King Of My Heart
14) Dress

Okay
15) Dancing

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Dec 26 2017, 03:36 AM
Post #18
   No Gallery Pics

Dancing only #10? Christ. drama.gif drama.gif

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Dec 26 2017, 06:12 AM
Post #19
rip in peace Dickston
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

Hard to predict what’s gonna win this... LWYMDD & RFI seem like obvious contenders but you never know tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Dec 26 2017, 08:11 AM
Post #20
   No Gallery Pics

I wouldn’t trust Buzzjack to make correct decisions dude ~

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:05 PM