BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> -

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Top 40 Chart Prediction Game, The hotchoc26 games era is BACK!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
TNSEL AND WIRED™
post Apr 5 2015, 04:32 PM
Post #1
controversial biege i mean relic of buzzjack
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

Hello all, I've been meaning to revive this old UKCAW game Taylor Jago used to do and haven't remembered to do it until now smile.gif

Brief Description

Basically, every Sunday, at around 4-7PM I will open a thread asking for you to predict the top 40 UK Singles Chart for the next chart published on Sunday. I ask you to PM them to me until 4PM the following Sunday, and will allow you to amend your predictions a maximum of ONE TIME if you wish wink.gif

Scoring
A correct prediction, i.e., a matching position prediction in your predictions and the official top 40 result will gain 20 points. One position off will give you one less than 10, so predicting a song at #19 when it is #20 will gain 9 points, if it was #21 recieves 8 points, and so on. Predictions 10 or more positions out will gain 0 points wink.gif

Bonus Score
Because the Midweek charts assist in the predictions, the earlier predictions will score more points. Here is the guideline:

Predicting before TUESDAY'S UPDATE will score 100 points,
Before WEDNESDAY'S UPDATE 80 points,
THURSDAY'S 40 points,
FRIDAY'S 20 points,
BEFORE SUNDAY 4PM 0 bonus points.

As anyone familiar with midweeks, there are not always guaranteed to be available. For example, no update on Friday will mean predictions made after Thursday up to 4PM Sunday will still award 20 bonus points smile.gif

You have almost a full week to make your predictions, but the sooner you make them, the more points you get.

So PM your top 40 predictions for the Sunday coming up, and the scores will hopefully be up around 7PM on that day in this thread cool2.gif

Feel free to ask any questions. It's (supposed) to be straightforward kink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
danG
post Apr 5 2015, 04:34 PM
Post #2
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

There already is a prediction game (i.e. my one, that you never take part in kink.gif), I'm not sure if it's a good idea to have another one running tbh.

+Quote Post
TNSEL AND WIRED™
post Apr 5 2015, 04:35 PM
Post #3
controversial biege i mean relic of buzzjack
Member No.: 21,005

QUOTE(► ▲ N @ Apr 5 2015, 05:34 PM) *
There already is a prediction game (i.e. my one, that you never take part in kink.gif), I'm not sure if it's a good idea to have another one running tbh.

I know of your one, but yours is only a top 10 (amongst other things) and you predict in different time slots i.e. one week ahead of mine wink.gif

Sorry I don't take part in yours but I'm terrible at predicting so far ahead of time unsure.gif

This post has been edited by Šþinniŋğ Åđɑм: Apr 5 2015, 04:35 PM

+Quote Post
Mart!n
post Apr 5 2015, 05:54 PM
Post #4
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
Member No.: 2

Please contact a chart mod over chart games in the chart forum before implementing.

Topic closed.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:51 AM