BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RESULTS: Selena Gomez - Singles Rate, Done, full results page 5
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Andrew.
post 14th July 2020, 05:01 PM
Post #1
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

Which one of these songs is the BEST of Selena Gomez? The Madonna of Disney Stars' rate results start now, I wanna see y'all perched!

This post has been edited by Andrew.: 22nd July 2020, 10:57 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 14th July 2020, 05:04 PM
Post #2
Group icon
is in hibernation

Jay*:

Selena Gomez & The Scene
xx.x Falling Down
08.0 Naturally

xx.x Round & Round
xx.x Live Like There's No Tomorrow
xx.x A Year Without Rain

06.5 Who Says
xx.x Bang Bang Bang
08.5 Love You like a Love Song
xx.x Hit The Lights

Selena Gomez
09.0 Come & Get It
08.0 Slow Down

07.0 The Heart Wants What It Wants

09.0 Good For You
05.0 Same Old Love
xx.x Me & The Rhythm
11.0 Hands To Myself
06.5 Kill' Em With Kindness

09.0 Bad Liar
07.5 Fetish (w/ Gucci Mane)
06.0 Back To You

10.0 It Ain't Me (w/ Kygo)
09.0 Wolves (w/ Marshmello)
07.0 I Can't Get Enough (w/ Benny Blanco, Tainy & J Balvin)
07.5 Taki Taki (w/ DJ Snake, Ozuna & Cardi B)

09.0 Lose You To Love Me
10.0 Look At Her Now
09.0 Rare
08.0 Feel Me
08.5 Boyfriend

Others
07.5 I Want You To Know (w/ Zedd)
08.0 We Don't Talk Anymore (w/ Charlie Puth)
xx.x Trust Nobody (w/ Cashmere Cat & Tory Lanez)
xx.x Anxiety (w/ Julia Michaels)
07.0 Past Life (w/ Trevor Daniel)

Feel free to side eye any of these takes sarah11.png

+Quote this post
Jade
post 14th July 2020, 05:04 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

'The Heart Wants What It Wants' to finish in the top 5 minimum please!

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 14th July 2020, 05:06 PM
Post #4
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047

I can see a top 2 of The Heart... and Hands To Myself tbh

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 14th July 2020, 05:21 PM
Post #5
Group icon
is in hibernation

34. I Can't Get Enough (w/ Benny Blanco, Tainy & J Balvin)
Average: 5.19

Give me some more, I love it: Andrew., Tombo (9) JosephStyles, ...ready for it (8)
Dice que no le es suficiente: Liam (-1) UltraBeKind (1)

'I Can't Get Enough' was released as a standalone single last February with the video (which is actually really clever lmao) coming two weeks later. It performed pretty poorly, especially compared with Selena's last latin crossover single 'Taki Taki' (will that be coming tonight? wait and see x) At first this showed signs of being a hit reaching #42 in Week 3 but it went down the toilet from there. I Can't Get Enough is unique in that Selena's vocals actually form the instrumental, and y'all said she's not a good singer cheeseblock.png

This isn't her best but wooden spoon? ROBBED mad.gif This is great latin pop, Selena sounds vibrant and I especially love her middle 8. If it was her solo song it'd honestly be a 10. I'm surprised it flopped, even more surprised the video doesn't have 800m like these latin hits seem to always get laugh.gif I'd take this over several songs in the top 15 oop

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 14th July 2020, 05:29 PM
Post #6
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

I Can’t Get Enough is a nice song it just doesn’t really do much? I’m not surprised it wasn’t a massive hit... kinda just feel flat especially considering those involved

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 14th July 2020, 05:34 PM
Post #7
Group icon
is in hibernation

33. Anxiety (w/ Julia Michaels)
Average: 5.83

Everyone puts their hand up: Tombo (10) JosephStyles, Wall (8)
I'm hard to deal with, and I admit it: Bré (2) Tawdry Hepburn (3)

Julia Michaels, a friend of Selena and frequent collaborator released her Inner Monologue EP last year and it featured this song. The reception from stans was pretty lukewarm and the like 8 posts it got on here weren't the best reception but nonetheless it became a single. It wasn't a hit but had some minor success on the US sales chart where it got to #28 and it charted in Canada, Australia, Ireland and Lithuania. A smash!

I don't think this will go down as a highlight for either, the melody is very Julia/Selena by numbers but the lyrics are relatable af and it's a cute song. I forget how much I enjoy it until it comes on, it's in the lower rungs of the rate but deserved a teensy bit better. It didn't get any really low scores but mostly middling ones.

+Quote this post
Brer
post 14th July 2020, 06:34 PM
Post #8
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

'I Can't Get Enough' isn't an awful song but it just felt like a pretty mediocre rehash of 'Taki Taki' which wasn't that great to begin with.

'Anxiety' is a mess xx

+Quote this post
Bjork
post 14th July 2020, 07:38 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665

Anxiety is bad Julia Michaels, she can sure write greats songs but also terrible ones

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 14th July 2020, 08:23 PM
Post #10
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

GTFOH WITH THAT OPENING POST... PAL!!!!!!

B R I T N E Y is the Madonna of Disney stars!! (Plus, I'd say Miley was bigger than than Selena has ever been tbh drink.gif)

I'm just happy 'Live Like There's No Tomorrow' didn't finish bottom 2 :')

WHAT A SONG.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 14th July 2020, 09:00 PM
Post #11
Group icon
is in hibernation

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jul 14 2020, 09:23 PM) *
GTFOH WITH THAT OPENING POST... PAL!!!!!!

B R I T N E Y is the Madonna of Disney stars!! (Plus, I'd say Miley was bigger than than Selena has ever been tbh drink.gif)

I'm just happy 'Live Like There's No Tomorrow' didn't finish bottom 2 :')

WHAT A SONG.

I lowkey forgot Britney, Christina and Justin were ever on Disney :') I was thinking along the lines of Demi, Miley, Bridget Mendler etc. Miley's peak was 100x bigger but Selena has the consistency. And I meant quality x

Next two coming up!

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 14th July 2020, 09:28 PM
Post #12
Group icon
is in hibernation

32. Bang Bang Bang
Average: 6.03

Got more swagger than you: Andrew. (9) Josh!, Liam (8)
I hope you slip and fall and trip: blacksquare (2) Bjork (3)

Another song getting a low position is promo single 'Bang Bang Bang', from Selena Gomez & The Scene's (has their ever been a more pointless band no offence lmao) last album. It was the second overall song released from the album, and charted at #94 in the US!

I wasn't expecting to this to finish high but idk why it hasn't gotten more love, I hadn't heard it prior to the rate and I'd guess a lot of y'all would be the same? Like Anxiety before it, there weren't a load of awful scores but lots of meh, 13/19 rates were in the 5-7 range. This is perfect bouncy electropop, Selena's bubbly vocal is spot on. Been playing this a lot recently wub.gif

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 14th July 2020, 09:59 PM
Post #13
Group icon
is in hibernation

31. Live Like There's No Tomorrow
Average: 6.18

We can find a way to do anything: Jonjo (11) Andrew., George.keh, Nina West, Tawdry Hepburn (8)
We'll (not) do this together: Tombo (1) Wall (2)

Bad news for Jonjo as the second promo single in a row, 'Live Like There's No Tomorrow', crashes out of the top 30 </3 It earnt its' status through being used in the film 'Ramona and Beezus', but that wasn't enough for it to chart in the US which as it's a Selena song means the GP must've really not stanned it kink.gif Me & The Rhythm and Feel Me are the two promotional singles left, how long will they last?

Honestly this is pretty af, I don't usually associate Selena with ballads (if this can be called one) but then I remember one of her top 10 songs (Camoflage) and realise she can produce them when she tries and this is lovely.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 15th July 2020, 04:45 PM
Post #14
Group icon
is in hibernation

Next result coming up at 6pm cheeseblock.png

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 15th July 2020, 05:00 PM
Post #15
Group icon
is in hibernation

30. Trust Nobody (w/ Cashmere Cat & Tory Lanez)
Average: 6.21

Got a body like Selena: Dexton (10) Nina West (8.5)
You know I don't trust: Cameron, UltraBeKind (4) George.keh (4.5)

Released as the 2nd single from Ariana-collaborator Cashmere Cat's debut album, 'Trust Nobody' continues the run of low 6's averages. The song is very much in the style of Selena's more slow burning tracks, except not as good. It was a very minor hit over here but becomes the first song to have charted in the UK, reaching #92 in November 2016.

This got my lowest score in the rate so I won't be starting a campaign for its' justice anytime soon kink.gif I still gave it a 6, the instrumental is great and catchy but Selena's vocal isn't the usual slinky style that makes these tracks so perfect. It's also quite of its time, but I do like it anyway. Just not as much as the rest of these gems. As you can tell the average sums up the scores it got (I hope that makes sense lol), hardly any high ones but hardy any low ones either.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 15th July 2020, 05:00 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

There haven't been any losses so far particularly, but why is 'Same Old Love' still in?

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 15th July 2020, 05:12 PM
Post #17
Group icon
is in hibernation

QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Jul 15 2020, 06:00 PM) *
There haven't been any losses so far particularly, but why is 'Same Old Love' still in?

You may or may not be waiting a while for that one x

29. Who Says
Average: 6.40

I wouldn't want to be anybody else: Josh! (10) Andrew., Cameron, Liam, Riser (8.5)
Nothing's funny when it's you: Tombo (2) Tawdry Hepburn (3)

2/4 songs from When The Sun Goes Down have left in the bottom six, as fan fave 'Who Says' is 29th. The song is a self esteem anthem (DJ Khaled 'another one') and was the lead single from the album, becoming a success in America reaching #21, the group's highest! It fared less well here getting to #51 but it suffered from being OA/OS and I wouldn't be surprised if it's racked up a good overall sales tally. She did that!

I know it's not the most original but what the f***, I'll always love a good self empowerment anthem and this is one of them. The song is a total earworm from start to finish, the 'who says, who says you're not' hook is golden *.* This is deffo highly regarded by her stans so I'm surprised this has done poorly, relatively here. Love You Like A Love Song should've been the lead single of that album though, let's be honest <3

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 15th July 2020, 05:12 PM
Post #18
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh

Same Old Love is definitely a marmite track, some seems to absolutely adore it whilst other seem to despise it

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 15th July 2020, 05:14 PM
Post #19
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh

Love You Like a Love Song is a god tier pop song- the higher than can place the better please. Shame to see Who Says leave- was SPAMMED on Disney Channel when I was younger

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 15th July 2020, 07:36 PM
Post #20
Group icon
is in hibernation

28. Falling Down
Average: 6.50

Like you're some new sensation: Andrew. (9) Jade, Liam, Tombo (8)
You gave me roses but they're all just made of plastic: blacksquare (3) Wall (4)

The purge of Scene singles continues as 'Falling Down' says bye! It was the band's debut single and underperformed, only reaching #82 in America although it smashed in Japan, Nolan Sisters teas. It kinda resulted in the initial US underperformance of Kiss & Tell, which is the only Selena-related album (apart from 'For You') to miss the top 5 in the US. Queen of backwards career trajectories cheeseblock.png

Again this was very much a 6/7 rated song by most of y'all. I'd say this is my second fave Scene single actually, it's pop-rock of it's time but a wonderful pop song!

+Quote this post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 10:27 PM