BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The OA | Netflix
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Cal
post 17th December 2016, 10:25 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 5,964

Anybody else loving this? I only started it after I came home from some (stressful) Christmas shopping this afternoon and I'm already on episode 5 (out of 8) and I'm hooked. I usually lose interest in these shows after the first couple of episodes but this is really good. Some are comparing its 'weirdness' to Stranger Things, but I find this a bit more captivating.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 18th December 2016, 12:06 AM
Post #2
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

This looks so good and I love the cast! Will definitely be watching this!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 18th December 2016, 12:56 AM
Post #3
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

The reviews are excellent for this. I am up to episode 2 so far. I am enjoying it, but not finding it that captivating just yet. I've seen most of the big reveals coming a mile off (well apart from the initial backstory). But I like the setting and the tidbits of characters I've seen so far. Hoping there is a huge twist/turn of events soon to get me thoroughly hooked.

I can totally see the comparison to Stranger Things, but I think they're both such different shows, it's unfair to compare them.

+Quote this post
Cal
post 18th December 2016, 04:15 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 5,964

So I just finished it. The ending. I don't know how I feel. mellow.gif

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 19th December 2016, 08:46 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

I'm on episode 6 and am enjoying it so far... I am not sure where it's going but I have a horrible suspicion.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 12th January 2017, 10:52 AM
Post #6
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

That last scene with the movements. Intense as f***.

So incredible. The whole thing. Brit Marling is just the gift that keeps on giving.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 4th February 2017, 02:51 PM
Post #7
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Ok, I watched the first two episodes of this and was like wtf am I watching. I think it was a very slow start and I didn't know much about the story going into it other than it being about a missing girl who returned so I was very mystified by the afterlife aspect. HOWEVER, once it got going it was excellent and I was especially gripped by episodes 3-5, which were absolutely fantastic in the twist and the turns that they took and the story that they told.

It was really a fascinating series and definitely miles better than I initially thought it was going to be. I thought the ending was brilliant in a way of tying up one part of the storyline in that the story of The OA is now all told and the 5 characters all got together to perform the movements but it didn't tie up everything and there's a lot of potential for story that future series can use. I think other series might have concluded the first series by finding the others who are still kidnapped and so would be running out of story which is why the quality diminishes. This definitely feels like its going to be a natural progression though. Chapter One of the story has been told in the first series but there's still a wealth of plot to be used for further series.

(although I did say/think that about The Returned and the second series went nowhere)

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 15th March 2017, 11:24 PM
Post #8
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

I've slowly watched this over the past month and liked it enough but wouldn't say I LOVED it. The first episode was a bit confusing to get my head around, trying to work out who everyone was etc But once Hap and Homer were introduced I started to get into it. The ending of the last episode left me a bit confused too but I'm interested to see where it goes from here and stick with it through the start of season two..

(Dandy, you have to tell us what your horrible suspicion was and whether it ended up at all accurate, I'm intrigued)

+Quote this post
lotita
post 15th March 2017, 11:33 PM
Post #9
Group icon
feminist icon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,777

i forgot to ever psot here! i binged it in a couple of days, didnt leave a huge lasting impression but did enjoy it <3

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 15th March 2017, 11:44 PM
Post #10
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

I couldn't get over the ending for this, it got so gripping midway through and then they leave us with THAT? I don't mind getting trolled occasionally by a TV show, but that was way too much.

I would definitely welcome a second series, clearly loads more to explore.

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: 15th March 2017, 11:45 PM

+Quote this post
lotita
post 17th January 2018, 10:34 PM
Post #11
Group icon
feminist icon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,777

QUOTE(lotita @ Mar 15 2017, 11:33 PM) *
i forgot to ever psot here! i binged it in a couple of days, didnt leave a huge lasting impression but did enjoy it <3

oops this dismissal! i just rewatched this because i saw the news for a second series and literally couldn't remember the show so just rewatched it over the last couple days. i'm so glad i did a second watch, it was even more engaging and even more beautiful this time round and i'm so ready for the next season. that ending really is quite something, so captivating and so shocking

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 18th January 2018, 01:45 PM
Post #12
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

I have a weird sense this is going to go the way of The Returned, with an excellent first series that feels it is building towards something bigger only for it to go the complete other way. I really hope not though.

I read they’ve only just finished the scripts so we’re probably getting this next year? If not, like Nov/Dec this year nocheer.gif

+Quote this post
Qween
post 18th January 2018, 04:43 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

Well, the fact it took them a YEAR to write it may bode well? I'm very excited for it, but at the same time it absolutely doesn't need a second season.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 18th January 2018, 06:29 PM
Post #14
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

I still think a second series could at least shed some much needed light over...what the hell happened, the first season had fantastic moments but it was all a bit too unexplained and vague in the end, the amount of unanswered questions surely lends itself well to another series.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 18th January 2018, 10:56 PM
Post #15
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

i totally disagree that it doesn't need a second season. there are still way too many questions

plus of course i can watch brit marling FOREVER *.*

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 08:59 PM