BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Theo's 100 for 2010, countdown complete!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Theonix
post 17th December 2010, 10:10 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

Welcome! This is my first official Top 100 countdown, after last year's consisted of a points system which didn't reflect the first five months of the year.

- There are 100 songs, by 74 different (main) artists.
- I've decided to exclude Glee songs (bar 'Don't Stop Believin'' - which was promoted as a single), as there'd just be a few too many featured.
- I was going to exclude songs that are set to have an official release in 2011, but are currently charting in my personal chart (such as Ke$ha 'We R Who We R' and Cheryl Cole 'The Flood'), but decided to include Cheryl because I love it too much. Ke$ha should be featured next year.
- My #1 is not one of the two songs to have spent nine weeks atop my personal chart!
- I shall try and count down my top albums of the year later on, but currently I'm a bit rushed, so watch this space!

So let us begin, and my #100-97 shall be posted shortly. Enjoy!

This post has been edited by THEO.: 8th January 2011, 11:41 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 17th December 2010, 10:23 PM
Post #2
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

QUOTE(THEO. @ Dec 17 2010, 10:10 PM) *
- My #1 is not one of the two songs to have spent nine weeks atop my personal chart!

So that's not 'Commander' or 'Promise This'? I am now looking forward to this, as I don't really know what it could be. Unless it's 'Teenage Dream', that spent some time at #1 and would be such an anti-climax sleep.gif

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 17th December 2010, 10:35 PM
Post #3
Group icon

100 · Daisy Dares You Feat. Chipmunk · 'Number One Enemy' · 3-2-8-19-18-8-3-3-7-14-22-29-35-x

the ones you love the most in life see you without your make-up

099 · Usher Feat. Pitbull · 'DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love' · 14-32-37-x

get that bodies rocking from side to side

098 · Miley Cyrus · 'Can't Be Tamed' · 21-18-12-14-10-7-7-6-13-19-27-35-x

every guy everywhere just gives me mad attention

097 · Chipmunk Feat. Esmée Denters · 'Until You Were Gone' · 25-24-4-5-2-2-5-6-10-13-21-34-38-x

damn I wish I would've seen it coming

Starting off the countdown is Daisy with her only UK "hit" (if you can call it that) single. I loved it for a long time at the beginning of the year, but it kept going on and off me; hence some steep drops in my personal chart run. After that is Usher's second UK single off his 2010 comeback album, featuring the ever-so-present Pitbull. It dropped harshly on my chart, but I actually started to like it a lot more after its official release, yet forgot to re-chart it. Miley's "raunchy" 'Can't Be Tamed' is at #98, becoming another in a long line of her singles to miss the UK top ten, but it became her fourth hit in my chart as I do love the song, but the chorus is quite anti-climatic. Finally in this group is Chipmunk's 'Until You Were Gone', featuring the beautiful vocals of Dutch singer Esmée Denters, which I loved for a long time in Spring of this year, and although I could listen to the chorus on repeat all day; Chipmunk's rapping gets a bit tiresome after time.

This post has been edited by THEO.: 20th December 2010, 01:59 PM

+Quote this post
Aled.
post 18th December 2010, 12:42 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 4,254

Hmm, so if your #1 isnt 'Commander' or 'Promise This' then it must be one of the obvious choices in 3 Words/Parachute/The Flood. It seriously better be one of the first two, boring $h!ts that they were. Or 'Insatiable. If thats your #1 though I will marry you for being so amazing.

Decent start. 'Until You Were Gone' is the best thing either of them have done, or are likely to do, such is their usual mediocrity. It's going to be stupidly high on mine. 'Number One Enemy' was rather of it's time, great in February bu I've heardly listened to it since. 'Cant Be Tamed' grew on me eventually but it still a bit $h!t, though the whole video is kind of amazing with the concept of 'MILEY IS A WHORE. BUT ALSO A BIIIG BIRD'. Usher was also awful this year, though DJ was an improvement on 'OMG'.

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 18th December 2010, 01:36 PM
Post #5
Group icon

096 · Timbaland Feat. Justin Timberlake · 'Carry Out' · 8-12-12-13-20-27-36-

I'm pretty sure that you got your own recipe

095 · Travie McCoy Feat. Bruno Mars · 'Billionaire' · 26-21-28-23-4-9-16-28-36-x

you can call me Travie Claus minus the Ho Ho

094 · The Saturdays · 'Missing You' · 40-10-10-9-7-16-19-27-34-x

it doesn't kick like a pill anymore

093 · Edward Maya Feat. Vika Jigulina · 'Stereo Love' · 22-28-38-x

I hate to see you cry, your smile is a beautiful lie

At #96 is the utter monstrosity by Timbaland off his second 'Shock Value' album, featuring Justin Timberlake. The lyrics are cheesy and the production is dated, but I loved 'Carry Out' at the beginning of 2010! Following that we have the first song to feature Bruno Mars and unarguably, the worst. Bruno's soulful vocals are really relaxing and made for a great Summer anthem, but it got a bit "old" after not too long. The Saturdays's third album in three years held the mid-tempo Summer smash, 'Missing You', which looked set to become their first #1 single here in the UK, but after me disliking it for quite a while before its release, it only manages to sneak into this top 100. And last but not least in this group is the Europop smash from Edward Maya which, despite its short chart run here, stuck around in my head and the UK charts for months this Summer - and is finally breaking through into America!

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 18th December 2010, 09:53 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

Utter monstrosity? Yet it's in your top 100 of the year? laugh.gif I really liked Carry Out but completely forgot it existed until seeing it here!

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 18th December 2010, 10:16 PM
Post #7
Group icon

QUOTE(Jack Pilgrim @ Dec 17 2010, 10:23 PM) *
So that's not 'Commander' or 'Promise This'? I am now looking forward to this, as I don't really know what it could be. Unless it's 'Teenage Dream', that spent some time at #1 and would be such an anti-climax sleep.gif

YES THE #1 SHALL EXCITE ALL!

QUOTE(Aled. @ Dec 18 2010, 12:42 AM) *
Hmm, so if your #1 isnt 'Commander' or 'Promise This' then it must be one of the obvious choices in 3 Words/Parachute/The Flood. It seriously better be one of the first two, boring $h!ts that they were. Or 'Insatiable. If thats your #1 though I will marry you for being so amazing.

Decent start. 'Until You Were Gone' is the best thing either of them have done, or are likely to do, such is their usual mediocrity. It's going to be stupidly high on mine. 'Number One Enemy' was rather of it's time, great in February bu I've heardly listened to it since. 'Cant Be Tamed' grew on me eventually but it still a bit $h!t, though the whole video is kind of amazing with the concept of 'MILEY IS A WHORE. BUT ALSO A BIIIG BIRD'. Usher was also awful this year, though DJ was an improvement on 'OMG'.

It could be any of those. Elipsis. Thanks for reading, I don't really know what else I can respond to you. ;_;

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Dec 18 2010, 09:53 PM) *
Utter monstrosity? Yet it's in your top 100 of the year? laugh.gif I really liked Carry Out but completely forgot it existed until seeing it here!

Oh, don't get me wrong, I do love it, but it is a bit shit. Oh, and I only really remembered it from looking at my chart archives! laugh.gif
Thanks for reading. smile.gif

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 19th December 2010, 11:57 AM
Post #8
Group icon

092 · Inna · 'Amazing' · 18-14-21-34-38-21-4-4-9-11-19-23-33-x

I wanna run like the speed of the sound

091 · The Pretty Reckless · 'Make Me Wanna Die' · 6-2-5-12-14-20-25-34-x

show me all the things that I shouldn't know

090 · Rihanna · 'Te Amo' · 29-27-30-17-28-28-31-36-x

then she put her hand around me waist

089 · Paloma Faith · 'Upside Down' · 37-11-6-8-7-12-20-31-37-x

come on try a little topsy-turvy back-to-front the right way round

Inna's second UK single kicks off this group, and whilst I loved it in Summer, I completely forgot about it until this countdown! It's a good song though, and was one of my favourite dance songs this Summer! The Pretty Reckless's debut single just misses the top ninety on this countdown, and it's a song I disliked for the first couple of listens, but then it clicked and I loved it so much, it just missed my top spot! Rihanna and her faux-lesbian song/video are at ninety, with the delayed music video stopping it from reaching the top ten of the official UK charts. It's a great song though, that I've loved since it leaked in demo form a long time ago, I just never listened to it enough to chart it into my upper reaches. Paloma Faith's fourth UK single and second top ten hit in my chart reaches #89! It was always one of my favourite songs off the album, so I was really pleased when it became a single (not-so pleased when it flopped in the official chart though), but I'm glad she seems to have had commercial success with her album since its release though.

This post has been edited by THEO.: 20th December 2010, 01:59 PM

+Quote this post
nickthenoodle
post 19th December 2010, 07:01 PM
Post #9
Group icon
livin' legend you can look but don't touch
User: 4,844

Wow Theo this made my life.

Thank you.

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 20th December 2010, 01:58 PM
Post #10
Group icon

088 · Miley Cyrus · 'When I Look At You' · 22-22-24-39-x

when the waves are flooding the shore

087 · Katie Melua · 'The Flood' · 26-33-37-x

as natural as the rain that falls, here comes the flood again

086 · Kelis · 'Acapella' · 39-22-15-16-15-18-25-34-40-x

like a boat out to sea, the silence was too deafening

085 · Chris Brown · 'Crawl' · 20-8-12-19-7-18-23-32-x

so we'll crawl 'til we can walk again, then we'll run

At #88 is a song that nobody but myself seemed to like, but I still love it! It's my favourite Miley ballad (as I wouldn't count '7 Things' as one), and although the lyrics are a bit cheesy - I love it! Following that we have Katie Melua's only good song, and what a song it is! I first heard it through BJSC and after a few listens, I wasn't sure on it, but I absolutely love it now! It's just a shame it was never very successful in the official charts as she really deserved it. Kelis's 2010 reinvention single is at #86, which was one heck of a change of style for Kelis. It's not my favourite song of hers (nor off her album, 'Flesh Tone'), but it is a good dance song which was a surprise hit for me personally in the April of this year. Closing this group is another quite unpopular choice, this time from the infamous (for we all know the reasoning) Chris Brown. 'Crawl' is an absolutely stunning song, and 'Graffiti' is an incredibly strong album, which I feel was only looked over for what happened in early 2009. I think I'm one of the only unbiased (for I actually loved Rihanna a lot more pre-'Rated R') listeners who prefers his album over the aforementioned 'Rated R'!

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 20th December 2010, 04:28 PM
Post #11
Group icon
my anxiety attacks

Can't be bothered to watch the videos of songs I've not heard.

DDY - Bit average tbh
Usher - His best single ever, in my top 10 of 2010
Miley - I was a bit disappointed at first but it's k
Chipmunk - Really like this, probably his best single for me
Timbaland - Terrible. The Katy Perry collab is so much better.
Travie - Not much I can say. I like it.
Saturdays - Average at first, but it grew. 'Higher' is betty.
Edward Maya - Love this. Did better in the UK than I expected, and now it's taking off stateside as well.
Inna - Better than the awful 'Hot', but not quite amazing [/pun]
Pretty Reckless - Love it. All three singles are good, but this is the best.
Rihanna - Prefer it to the first two singles from the RR era, but pretty average.
Paloma - Average. She won't better New York.
Miley - unheard
Katie - The best 'The Flood' of 2010
Kelis - Was over-rated on here
Chris - Unheard, but Zayn may sing it on twitcam soon laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 20th December 2010, 05:58 PM
Post #12
Group icon

084 · Swedish House Mafia Feat. Pharrell · 'One (Your Name)' · DNC

you just kill me, could you at least do that?

083 · K'naan · 'Wavin' Flag' · 28-31-20-11-13-31-32-40-x

when I get older, I will be stronger, they'll call me freedom

082 · The Wanted · 'Heart Vacancy' · 8-8-6-5-7-12-16-17-24-28-37-37-x

when I talk to you on the phone, listen close

081 · Rihanna · 'Rude Boy' · 26-27-29-9-13-15-17-15-12-21-27-33-39-x

I wa-wa-want what you wa-wa-want

Number 84 is the only song in this chart to have not charted in my official weekly chart! Despite the follow-up single charting, 'One (Your Name)' manages to sneak into the chart here at a respectable position. It is a very good song and yet another of this Summer's best dance anthems. K'naan's unofficial World Cup single (the official one will be a lot higher up here) charts at #83 here. It was great for the couple of weeks surrounding the World Cup, but once England were elimated from the competition ended it started to depress me - it is brilliant though hence its position here! The Wanted's first of two entries makes #82. It's considered by many a bad song and their worst single yet, but after many listens it clicked with me and I absolutely love it - hence it spending five weeks in my personal top ten! And just missing out on a top eighty placing is another entry from Rihanna, and the urban/dance trash that is 'Rude Boy'. I liked it for quite a while during its release and I really liked seeing her perform it live, but I never loved it as much as everyone else! It did managed six weeks in my top twenty though, which for a #9 peak is very impressive!

+Quote this post
Jimmie
post 20th December 2010, 06:00 PM
Post #13
Group icon
I just can't date a Gurl with a vag.
User: 8,741

Rude boy is so wrong lyrically yet is genius smile.gif

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 21st December 2010, 06:53 PM
Post #14
Group icon

080 · Robyn · 'Hang With Me' · 11-18-23-19-17-14-14-21-26-35-x

just don't fall; recklessly, headlessly in love with me

079 · Selena Gomez & The Scene · 'Naturally' · 11-10-19-30-38-40-x(6)-21-15-21-26-32-40-x

you are the thunder and I am the lightning

078 · Enrique Iglesias Feat. Pitbull · 'I Like It' · 35-31-29-21-20-18-22-35-39-x

I try to keep my hands off, but you're begging me for more

077 · Black Eyed Peas · 'Rock That Body' · 39-34-23-23-30-30-x(4)-27-20-21-18-5-6-11-21-32-38-x

short stacks, black or white; long as you do what you like

The second single from Robyn's 'Body Talk' campaign is at #80, and it's by far my favourite song from all three parts. The slow dance sound of it is just perfect, and she really surprised me with this after I was quite indifferent to 'Dancing On My Own'! Selena Gomez released her debut single in April of this year, which shocked me and everyone else with, 1. it being very good and 2. it managed to chart in the UK top ten, something that co-Disney star Miley Cyrus hasn't yet acheived! Enrique Iglesias returned this year with the club anthem, 'I Like It', which I did like, a lot! It was another single to feature Pitbull, but lookily his verses have managed to go right over my head so I loved this song! His album, 'Euphoria', was another surprise for me this year with other great songs such as a duet with Usher! And just finishing this quartet off is the Black Eyed Peas's fourth single off 'The E.N.D.' album, and my second favourite off it! It's another brilliant dance song, and another David Guetta number, so it was tragic to see it miss the UK top ten!

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post 21st December 2010, 07:30 PM
Post #15
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421

I liked 'Hang With Me' at the time, but it's a bit meh now. The other 3 are likely to be in my top 100 songs for this year smile.gif

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 21st December 2010, 08:18 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

Great countdown so far, love most of the songs!

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 21st December 2010, 08:26 PM
Post #17
Group icon
my anxiety attacks

I still hate 'Rude Boy' can't believe you put it just above 'Heart Vacancy' cry.gif All the other songs are good, I especially like 'Naturally' & 'Wavin Flag'.

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 21st December 2010, 09:07 PM
Post #18
Group icon

QUOTE(Jack Pilgrim @ Dec 20 2010, 04:28 PM) *
Can't be bothered to watch the videos of songs I've not heard.

DDY - Bit average tbh
Usher - His best single ever, in my top 10 of 2010
Miley - I was a bit disappointed at first but it's k
Chipmunk - Really like this, probably his best single for me
Timbaland - Terrible. The Katy Perry collab is so much better.
Travie - Not much I can say. I like it.
Saturdays - Average at first, but it grew. 'Higher' is betty.
Edward Maya - Love this. Did better in the UK than I expected, and now it's taking off stateside as well.
Inna - Better than the awful 'Hot', but not quite amazing [/pun]
Pretty Reckless - Love it. All three singles are good, but this is the best.
Rihanna - Prefer it to the first two singles from the RR era, but pretty average.
Paloma - Average. She won't better New York.
Miley - unheard
Katie - The best 'The Flood' of 2010
Kelis - Was over-rated on here
Chris - Unheard, but Zayn may sing it on twitcam soon laugh.gif

Thanks for reading and commenting. smile.gif But HOW DARE YOU call Katie Melua's 'The Flood' better than Ms. Cole's!? mad.gif

QUOTE(JAM123 @ Dec 20 2010, 06:00 PM) *
Rude boy is so wrong lyrically yet is genius smile.gif

Urm... okay, if you say so. Thanks for reading!

QUOTE(Klumzee @ Dec 21 2010, 07:30 PM) *
I liked 'Hang With Me' at the time, but it's a bit meh now. The other 3 are likely to be in my top 100 songs for this year smile.gif

Thanks for reading! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Lukuzz @ Dec 21 2010, 08:18 PM) *
Great countdown so far, love most of the songs!

Cheers, and thanks for reading. smile.gif

QUOTE(Jack Pilgrim @ Dec 21 2010, 08:26 PM) *
I still hate 'Rude Boy' can't believe you put it just above 'Heart Vacancy' cry.gif All the other songs are good, I especially like 'Naturally' & 'Wavin Flag'.

Lmfao. kink.gif Well the better of the Wanted's singles will be much higher up anyway, so you shan't be crying for long! Thanks for commenting (again). tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 21st December 2010, 09:28 PM
Post #19
Group icon

076 · Owl City · 'Fireflies' · 16-5-4-8-16-21-26-32-35-39-x

I'd like to make myself believe that planet Earth turns slowly

075 · Sara Bareilles · 'King Of Anything' · 3-5-8-13-18-30-36-x

who cares if you disagree? you are not me

074 · Nelly · 'Just A Dream' · 3-4-7-14-18-20-23-27-

I'm tryna get my Usher on, but I can't let it burn

073 · Tim Berg · 'Seek Bromance' · 22-19-24-29-27-32-

I will give to you the love you seek and more

Up at 76 is Owl City's breakthrough hit, which was a huge number one at the beginning of this year, but his profile seemed to fade in a second. 'Fireflies' is still a very good song though, which despite being love/hate, I found to be genious when I first heard it! Sara Bareilles's US-only single 'King Of Anything' just sneaks into the top seventy-five, which is a song that I loved in June and July of this year. It was a shame the current album never got a push in the UK as I reckon this song at least could've been big. I love the lyrics to it especially, especially the one quoted above. Nelly's comeback single, 'Just A Dream' is up next which managed to shock me first time I heard it, as I never expected anything like that at all! It's a brilliant pop song with bits of R&B/urban in it, but I do really like this reinvention of his sound, as shown on a few tracks (that I've heard) off the album '5.0'. After that we have Tim Berg and the brilliant dance/trance anthem, 'Seek Bromance'. I first heard it on the chart show and was shocked at how brilliant it was, and despite its low peak on my weekly chart, it makes it in at #73 here!

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 21st December 2010, 09:38 PM
Post #20
Group icon
my anxiety attacks

'Fireflies' has been a bit over-played now. But would you really say it's love/hate? Everyone I know loved it at the time ohmy.gif
LOL Sara Bareilles. Nice song, not outstanding.
'Just A Dream' is really good. Listened to the first few tracks on his album and none were anywhere near as good as JAD.
'Seek Bromance' is one of those songs which sounds a lot better when you're driving along in the car at night. I do love it, but it doesn't beat the European hit of the year, 'Stereo Love'.

QUOTE(THEO. @ Dec 21 2010, 09:07 PM) *
Thanks for reading and commenting. smile.gif But HOW DARE YOU call Katie Melua's 'The Flood' better than Ms. Cole's!? mad.gif

Well you obviously can't handle the truth sleep.gif

+Quote this post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th April 2024, 01:57 PM